Filtering games by region

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/16/2018 at 0:50 AM, DEMONICRUBLE18 said:

Don't we already do this? I know that games on our profiles have either NA or EU if they have trophy lists in more than one region and if you click on the game it has other platforms and regions. 

No. it SHOWS regions, by you can't filter it by games that are only from KR or AUS or what have you...

• Like 1

An issue is that we only tag games that have multiple region lists- so it won't show games that are only issued in that region.

Side note: OP you can't get a Korean account without a KSSN (Korean Social Security Number), unlike other regions where you just need to make up an address. 

2 minutes ago, Kittet3 said:

An issue is that we only tag games that have multiple region lists- so it won't show games that are only issued in that region.

Side note: OP you can't get a Korean account without a KSSN (Korean Social Security Number), unlike other regions where you just need to make up an address. 

True, I only have a few on my list that are only for one specific region as they are hard to spot on the games list if you don't already know it is for one region only.  Games like 1000 Top Rated (which isn't available anymore anyway) and Windstorm, which is only available on the GER store I believe.

33 minutes ago, Thropy_Croissant said:

I have an account for every region including Chinese (with funds) and Korean hence my interest to facilitate the process of of buying region specific games. 

well the list I linked should be help until we get the feature, I am trying to keep it as updated as I can.  But you still need to go through the list instead of just being able to search by a specific region...it's something.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thropy_Croissant said:

I have an account for every region including Chinese (with funds) and Korean hence my interest to facilitate the process of of buying region specific games. 

No problem then! :) I was surprised when I found out how hard it was to get a Korean account, so I just wanted to give a heads up in case you weren't aware

6 minutes ago, DEMONICRUBLE18 said:

How would one go about getting a Korean ssn? 

Legally, become a Korean citizen. I also heard you get a number if you stay there on a visa for over 3 months.

If you have a friend whose a Korean citizen, they can let you use there's. There are some sites online that sell accounts with them. There's also some generators, but I don't think they work too well.

6 minutes ago, DEMONICRUBLE18 said:

How would one go about getting a Korean ssn? 

Legally, become a Korean citizen. I also heard you get a number if you stay there on a visa for over 3 months.

If you have a friend whose a Korean citizen, they can let you use there's. There are some sites online that sell accounts with them. There's also some generators, but I don't think they work too well.

2 hours ago, DEMONICRUBLE18 said:

Do no work around? Like putting in one that’s been repeatedly used? 

I mean, this isn't just a sony ToS thing, this is a Korean law, so that would be breaking another country's law and doing identity theft...

Like American SSN, I imagine it has some special format. You might get lucky plugging in random ones. When I was looking into this, some people said that worked and others said it didn't. I never tried it, maybe someone else has and will chime in.