Be aware that your criminal rating can glitch for no reason.

GrimViking_

Was playing the game going for the if you ain't cheatin, housing tryin trophy. I unlocked it and went to look at my criminal rating to see what it was at (was around 2300 or so). Only to realise that it jumped to capo rank at 4552, so I thought to myself maybe I can get that trophy for getting 5000 criminal rating.  So in use the money cheat only to find that the rank didn't increase at all after the first time I used it. Was just stuck at 4552. So it locked me out of getting the plat for it. 

TL;DR criminal rating glitched preventing me from getting the plat after dozens of hours of play time. 

I used the riot cheat rather early on in the game. Let's just say people act a bit differently then. I made it to the very end of the game, had done pretty much all side quests etc. Except for maybe some cars I had to find or something and maybe a couple of rampages etc, I only missed to do the last mission. The last missions is near impossible to complete with the riot cheat on. I tried many times, in the end I gave up, restarted and played through the entire game once more, doing everything again. I had planned to make the plat my 10k trophy. In the end I did so too.

Long story short, I get how it feels.

Edited by MMDE

That’s bad. The game implies you should cheat with one trophy description so I don’t understand why it’s locking you out. At least it can be finished in about 2 days. You can fly through it again.

I used the spawn tank cheat and had no troubles with any trophy. 

On 06.03.2018 at 1:44 AM, GrimWaltz said:

Was just stuck at 4552.

That’s OK if you’re still to get access to the third island (Shoreside Vale). There’re 2 thresholds for criminal rating in GTA 3: no matter what it doesn’t exceed 3521 points before Salvatore’s “Last Requests” mission unlocks Staunton Island and 4552 points before Donald’s “A Drop in the Ocean” mission allows to visit Shoreside Vale.

Edited by Se7en
  • Like 1