Most overrated game on PS4?

LaWiToR

Horizon Zero Dawn. Lore is good. I dig the concept but found my self bored as fuck, and whilst beautiful, the world feels soulless and generic. The combat was very mediocre eventually to tedium and the characters in the world uninspiring and uninteresting, including Aloy herself. I took it upon myself to read/listen to all the collectibles and that's probably my favorite part of the game. I can just go read a better book in that case. 

GTA V. Not terrible, but only praised so heavily because it fits inside this massive demographic of normies and players with a hard on for online gameplay. Not to mention how popular the IP, you know, just is. 

Fortnite. Normies, children, the inclination to play what's popular with everyone else, drake, free to play, and the snowball effect. Not horrible for what it is, but fuck it's not the game of the century. 

Fortnite Battle Royal

It's fun with friends but on your own it really gets boring fast.

The Last of Us

I don't know if it counts but since ^ chose GTA V which was first released on old-gen consoles.

I really loved the beginning part but after that the gameplay was really meh. Sure the story might have been great but to me a game shouldn't solely rely on story.

From those I've played this year so far it's probably Game of Thrones season 1 by Telltale. I like narrative based games, I love Game of Thrones, so when I saw that it was a PS+ game I jumped on it until I kinda forgot about it for a few months. But when I was playing it, oh boy, that was a nightmare and I rage just to think about it. How it became popular enough for a season 2, let alone considered one of the best TT games is beyond me.

Tales from the Borderlands, TWD Season 1 The Wolf Among Us (not played on this account) were all fantastic IMO. I didn't really mind the linearity but in GoT, it seemed the writers assumed you'd play your characters in a certain way (and the plot indeed does make more sense if you did). But if you didn't, the writers had to find something just to preserve said linearity and it often felt very jarring. I remember in Episode 1:

Spoiler

When playing as Ethan, you had the choice of letting Lord Douchehill into your fort with his soldiers or talk with him at the gate. I chose to wait at the gates. I was then forced by the game to let him, but I chose to only let HIM in. His soldiers had to wait outside. But because this is a Telltale game and Ethan has to somehow die in this episode, they still unexplainably waltzed through without a fight even with a shut gate and an army ordered to not let anyone in under any circumstances. My Sentinel (the diplomat dude) was against all my decisions I made as Ethan. But then surprise surprise, my other advisor betrayed me in later episodes because apparently I didn't listen to him when he told me to wait for Lord Whitehill at the gates (Even though I did exactly that). Turns out, since I didn't make him my Sentinel, the game assumed that I don't trust him and disagreed with him regardless of my actions because someone had to betray you. Just to give a few examples.

While those issues affect all TT games to some extent, they happened and bothered me much more frequently than usual in my playthrough. That, combined with the kinda boring Stark 2.0 scenario, the villain's absurd plot armor and the masochist slaughterfest made for one of the most frustrating games I played. The tone also was very depressing and past a certain point, so many characters died just for the sake of dying that it cheapened the overall experience. By Episode 3, besides for Mira's storyline there was no real incentive to continue for me. You could say that the show and books are similar in that regard but at least there was always someone to root for and the victories were actually satisfying. Deaths happened because of poor planning, mistakes... Everyone gets their share of good and bad things and no character was safe from it. In this game, bad things almost exclusively happen to you no matter what you do because it forces you to lose, while most of the antagonists sit unharmed in their castles. The saddest part is that the game could have worked as an arc of the show/books but the fact that it is an interactive drama that can't branch out too much ruined it.

/rant over