TragicKingdom50

Is multiplayer dead?

14 posts in this topic

Got this game when it first came out but never got around to playing it. I want to platinum it but noticed several trophies are tied to completing multiplayer missions. Is it still pretty easy to jump into matches or am I better off just trying to complete the single player option for those trophies? And how hard is that? Trying to figure out if it's worth it or if I'm better off just leaving this one on the self unopened. Thanks!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only one is required in multiplayer which is doing the tutorial. As for difficulty, it's not too bad doing it in single player or multiplayer(if you have other people to play with)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i hadn't problems finding others player, i think it's simpler than the one in Mass Effect 2 and 3 (you have 7 waves insted of 10). I personally enjoy co-op multiplayer, so it wasn't too difficult/ boring. I suggest you to try the gold maps when you reach level 20 and have the angara engineer character with turret power, i found it pretty useful.

Got the gold trophy playing the 5 gold maps, so i took my time playing the single player once on normal difficulty :) 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Theres still people around. You wanna play with people that know what they are doing since idiots can make getting gold impossible

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I started up the multiplayer a couple months back in hopes to work on the gold extracts... thus far I've only been able to get silver done. I'm tempted to just buckle down and do SP on Insanity instead...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Kallume said:

I started up the multiplayer a couple months back in hopes to work on the gold extracts... thus far I've only been able to get silver done. I'm tempted to just buckle down and do SP on Insanity instead...

Depends who you play with, I guess. I didn't have any trouble getting carried through 5 of these a couple months ago.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got this game recently, but haven't played it yet.  I loved the coop in 3, so much so that I think I got up over level 600, and that was after playing the demo non-stop beforehand.  In 3 it was very easy to do Gold solo with a few classes, though Geth Juggernaut was my favorite.  Against Cerberus I found Platinum to be doable solo as well.  My question, is there no viable solo strategy for this game like there was in ME3?  All the comments I see make it sound like Silver in this game is as hard as Platinum was in 3, which can't be right.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Matto_lsi said:

I got this game recently, but haven't played it yet.  I loved the coop in 3, so much so that I think I got up over level 600, and that was after playing the demo non-stop beforehand.  In 3 it was very easy to do Gold solo with a few classes, though Geth Juggernaut was my favorite.  Against Cerberus I found Platinum to be doable solo as well.  My question, is there no viable solo strategy for this game like there was in ME3?  All the comments I see make it sound like Silver in this game is as hard as Platinum was in 3, which can't be right.

I can't really compare it to 3, as I never played its online. But everything in Andromeda is tied to loot boxes. If you get the right gun and class drops, maybe it becomes possible to solo. But if everyone says that about its difficulty, it may just be true. When I first tried it to help a friend out with the 25 Revives trophy, we kept getting killed on the lowest difficulty.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Fidel said:

I can't really compare it to 3, as I never played its online. But everything in Andromeda is tied to loot boxes. If you get the right gun and class drops, maybe it becomes possible to solo. But if everyone says that about its difficulty, it may just be true. When I first tried it to help a friend out with the 25 Revives trophy, we kept getting killed on the lowest difficulty.

 

Damn, that's sad to hear.  The lootbox thing was in 3 also, but since you made a lot of [whatever the currency is] playing the game, it was easy to buy them in bulk and get a lot of the unlocks you wanted.  If I remember correctly (and I don't promise I do), the gear unlocks were limited and leveled 1-5, so once you unlocked 5 of them you'd never get them again.  So in essence it was possible to 'max out' certain categories if you played long enough.  I'm really interested to try out Andromeda, but I'm going to have to research this more.  I normally hate online multiplier, but coop usually isn't bad, and I did love 3, so we'll see.  Thanks for the reply!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Matto_lsi said:

 

Damn, that's sad to hear.  The lootbox thing was in 3 also, but since you made a lot of [whatever the currency is] playing the game, it was easy to buy them in bulk and get a lot of the unlocks you wanted.  If I remember correctly (and I don't promise I do), the gear unlocks were limited and leveled 1-5, so once you unlocked 5 of them you'd never get them again.  So in essence it was possible to 'max out' certain categories if you played long enough.  I'm really interested to try out Andromeda, but I'm going to have to research this more.  I normally hate online multiplier, but coop usually isn't bad, and I did love 3, so we'll see.  Thanks for the reply!

The loot box system is kind of the same for Andromeda, although I have the feeling it is much more to unlock know and so it could take a bit longer. Weapon and Character Upgrades will still just drop ones. I haven't played that long but due to joining higher missions with randoms I was able to get one class (of course not the one I was playing :S) and almost all of the basic weapons to Rank X.

I'm not much of a multiplayer fan but I really liked ME3 MP, cannot say the same for MEA. 40% of all my games stopped abruptly (with no rewards whatsoever) and after a bit internet search I found out it's normal for a lot of players to get kicked out of missions because of server issues. Beside of the technical issues and too long loading times, I think I just dislike the gameplay mechanics with all this jumping around, the automatic cover and hordes of dumb enemies who just ran you over.

 

I think I am not alone with my opinion. I played ME3 last year and was still able to find a lot of full lobbies despite the age of the game. The MEA lobbies seemed kind of empty. I mean I found enough lobbies but somehow these were always the same and on two ocassions I couldn't find any at all. Maybe because of the time of day I played, I don't know. It just felt more empty for me, especially in comparison and regarding the fact that it is just a one year old game

 

At the end I did my five gold extraction at level 14 with some randoms. Needed 4 or 5 fully upgraded Sniper Shots just to get rid of one mob enemy and would have died pretty quickly if it wasn't for cloak xD.

Edited by Savyna
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/6/2018 at 0:54 PM, pieroV_86 said:

i hadn't problems finding others player, i think it's simpler than the one in Mass Effect 2 and 3 (you have 7 waves insted of 10). I personally enjoy co-op multiplayer, so it wasn't too difficult/ boring. I suggest you to try the gold maps when you reach level 20 and have the angara engineer character with turret power, i found it pretty useful.

Got the gold trophy playing the 5 gold maps, so i took my time playing the single player once on normal difficulty :) 

 

Mass Effect 2 didn’t have multiplayer.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Savyna said:

The loot box system is kind of the same for Andromeda, although I have the feeling it is much more to unlock know and so it could take a bit longer. Weapon and Character Upgrades will still just drop ones. I haven't played that long but due to joining higher missions with randoms I was able to get one class (of course not the one I was playing :S) and almost all of the basic weapons to Rank X.

I'm not much of a multiplayer fan but I really liked ME3 MP, cannot say the same for MEA. 40% of all my games stopped abruptly (with no rewards whatsoever) and after a bit internet search I found out it's normal for a lot of players to get kicked out of missions because of server issues. Beside of the technical issues and too long loading times, I think I just dislike the gameplay mechanics with all this jumping around, the automatic cover and hordes of dumb enemies who just ran you over.

 

I think I am not alone with my opinion. I played ME3 last year and was still able to find a lot of full lobbies despite the age of the game. The MEA lobbies seemed kind of empty. I mean I found enough lobbies but somehow these were always the same and on two ocassions I couldn't find any at all. Maybe because of the time of day I played, I don't know. It just felt more empty for me, especially in comparison and regarding the fact that it is just a one year old game

 

At the end I did my five gold extraction at level 14 with some randoms. Needed 4 or 5 fully upgraded Sniper Shots just to get rid of one mob enemy and would have died pretty quickly if it wasn't for cloak xD.

 

Thanks for the feedback!  I'll definitely give it a shot at some point, but may end up doing all the trophies in single player (I love that ME3 started this dual-option trophy requirement, I wish more studios picked up the practice).

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've just picked this up and I'm down for some MP so if peeps still play send me an invite across.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I played it yesterday for a few hours and never had problems to get into lobbies full with randoms.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.