God of War will NOT have microtransactions

MidnightDragon

1 hour ago, mecharobot said:

Because that's what every gamer wants to know since it's the current trendy topic. Just another "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation. It's more sad how people these days find ways to get offended even when they get exactly what they wish for.

They get offended if they want. Some micro transactions are not so bad and people pay them if they want. DLC are micro transations too, a lot of people still buying them to get their 100% in that game...

The way the topic is written, it sounds more like "God of War ALWAYS had micro transactions, but this time, OMG, It WON'T have" :o 

It’s truly sad that, in 2018, every single game studios must say that there will be microtransactions included or not in their games, in the aftermath of the huge lootboxes trend in the AAA games last year. They must say it so everyone feels safe to buy the game.

By any mean, I do and I will always condemn microtransactions. Simply get those scams out of our AAA and console games and keep them in free 2 play and mobile games where they belong!

14 minutes ago, xSubjectX420 said:

They are going to have shield skins tho, which indicate paid cosmetics which I guess isn't that bad

Because purely skins don’t affect the progression and the gameplay. It just looks cool (and ugly in some cases).

The game will probably have some story DLC (or paid skins like in GOW3) but i find it weird that they got asked if it will have microtransactions, did anyone actually believe there would be? That's kinda worrying...