Are trophies boosteable through *challenge* (Update:they unlock)

AGirlYouCantBeat

• 11 months later...
7 minutes ago, Bahamut3104 said:

Can anyone confirm that Run the gauntlet and Grand Champion can be boosted privately? Also, how many people do you need to start a match? TIA

All game modes (with an exception of private challenges) can only be played through matchmaking. The entire game is 1v1 only, so it's technically possible to boost gauntlet and arena if you and your partner search at the same time. Obviously it's not guaranteed.

Here are some tips to anyone who attempts a 12-0 arena run:

• Play as Nu Wa or Belona, they have by far the best deck combinations and will most of the time dumpster on everyone else. Zeus is a decent pick if you get lucky with initial cards.
    • Some S-tier cards for Nu Wa include:
      • Guan Yu - absolute beast and a must grab if you get a chance, will shred through the entire enemy's board
      • Ao Kuang - a nice to have unit, especially with a combination of the next 3 cards:
      • Blade Forge, Chang'e, Erlang Shen - straight up the way most Nu Wa games are usually played
      • Hou Yi - an S-tier early-mid unit that results in auto win if kept for 3-4 rounds on the board
      • Pummel - board control is everything in this game, but this spell also deals decent damage and has a low cost
      • Inferno - easily the most overpowered spell in the game. I cannot express how many times I won because of that
    • Obviously everything is situational, but these cards are super versatile and can be successfully used pretty much in every game.
  • If you don't feel confident in getting it legit, you can partially boost some of the wins if you and you partner search at the same time. You have to understand that you won't be able to do it 12 times in a row though - you will get a random, so be prepared to play some games legit.

...maybe it'd be worth writing a guide for the remaining couple months.

I would really think twice, if you guys wanna begin this now .. that 12-0 trophy was so retarded and hard, since it's not boostable and now since there is the shutdown, it will be even harder to find your partner I guess.

Glad that I got this done after days of trying and busting those opponents without a loose :)

1 hour ago, Sydoki said:

All game modes (with an exception of private challenges) can only be played through matchmaking. The entire game is 1v1 only, so it's technically possible to boost gauntlet and arena if you and your partner search at the same time. Obviously it's not guaranteed.

Here are some tips to anyone who attempts a 12-0 arena run:

• Play as Nu Wa or Belona, they have by far the best deck combinations and will most of the time dumpster on everyone else. Zeus is a decent pick if you get lucky with initial cards.
    • Some S-tier cards for Nu Wa include:
      • Guan Yu - absolute beast and a must grab if you get a chance, will shred through the entire enemy's board
      • Ao Kuang - a nice to have unit, especially with a combination of the next 3 cards:
      • Blade Forge, Chang'e, Erlang Shen - straight up the way most Nu Wa games are usually played
      • Hou Yi - an S-tier early-mid unit that results in auto win if kept for 3-4 rounds on the board
      • Pummel - board control is everything in this game, but this spell also deals decent damage and has a low cost
      • Inferno - easily the most overpowered spell in the game. I cannot express how many times I won because of that
    • Obviously everything is situational, but these cards are super versatile and can be successfully used pretty much in every game.
  • If you don't feel confident in getting it legit, you can partially boost some of the wins if you and you partner search at the same time. You have to understand that you won't be able to do it 12 times in a row though - you will get a random, so be prepared to play some games legit.

...maybe it'd be worth writing a guide for the remaining couple months.

I thought you could pretty much do the entire trophy list in private sessions. Is this incorrect?

the game takes 2~3mins to find a match even when you invite your friend through challenge..

the invite option should be instant... no idea why it takes 3 mins to enter 1 match

i have unlocked few trophies through challenge so its boostable

• Like 1

pretty much everything in this game can actually be boosted.  I just finished the arena trophy yesterday with a lot of patience.  There's a boosting method for it in a different thread in this forum, but I only have 2 PS4s but was able to complete most of my matches solo.  If you don't have 2 PS4s, I would say hop into a voice chat with a boosting partner, start searching for an arena match, and communicate if you've found a match or not.  Arena seems to be pretty dead nowadays, so I didn't have any issues using this method.

• 2 months later...
On 3/7/2018 at 3:13 AM, Aikn-Yor said:

i am eager to start a boosting session for the 50 wins with each Leader (Ah puch,nu wa,bellona,etc) I dont know if Challenge mode disables the wins towards the trophies,the trophies specify that training mode wins wont count towards them but i dont see anything about Challenge mode preventing the trophies to unlock.

in theory i could invite someone and keep grinding that way but im not sure,can someone confirm this? if not we can try it out,i can use a dummy account and see if the 10 wins trophy unlocks after we grind it through challenge mode. 

Update: As of the day im typing this (march 7th,2018) ,the trophies can be unlocked via *challenge* mode which is basically private matches.

On 3/7/2018 at 6:31 PM, WaddysWDS said:

Many people know that, but you have been the only "unintelligent" that has made it public, congratulations champion.

On 3/8/2018 at 5:29 PM, Arislamicus said:

Well if they fix it with a patch... (and it's really possible like they did with Paladins f.e.) and you need to play aaaaaaaaaaaaaall these victories...  i'll remember you about this. Greetings

i know this is old stuff but it was ridiculous to be aggressive to this friendly gamer when this was public:

http://hotgtopdecks.com/hand-gods-release-patch-notes/

and i quote:

"HAND OF THE GODS RELEASE PATCH NOTES
Posted By: Admin - February 13, 2018
"

"

Challenge Mode

The ability to challenge your friends has now been streamlined in the form of a new queue.
Quests, Leader Level advancement, and Achievement progress can now be obtained from Challenge Matches.

"

So if the developers quoted this it was most probably public and they probably knew about it. Probably...

Sometimes people should just shut up.

And on Paladins to this day, you can achieve the majority (I think even all although some would be a PITA to get) of the trophies in training matches.

Thanks for the info Aikn-Yor good work.

Edited by cris3f
  • Like 1