Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
UTKA_BLACK

UTKA_BLACK's Dispute

73 posts in this topic

Sounds fishy. I only have PS4 experience, but I played it identically to the PS3 version (easy playthrough first, UV playthrough after upgrading). Sinister Smush opens up exactly when expected (at the end of the easy playthrough), and then three days later, the UV (and Veteran) trophies unlock. I've never heard anyone talk about a glitch (either on PS4 or PS3) where Sinister Smush didn't unlock as required.

You would think that with this many people having this problem, at least one of them would have listed somewhere, "Hey, why didn't this trophy unlock when it was supposed to?"

I just checked my trophies for the game back in 2013 and I got the Sinister Smush trophy 8 days before the other 2. I remember doing 2 complete play throughs.

Posted (edited)

Not sure now too: https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/deadpool/202542-ultra-violence-4.html

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/2008-deadpool/Ace_Dub23?order=date   

(This wasn't the guy that created the thread my bad). I was checking on page 4.

OP might be innocent on this one. But looks like this person that created the thread got the trophy exactly like @UTKA_BLACK as well. I'm pretty sure it is legit than. But again why does the guide for the PS3 version say that it most be completed with 2 playtroughs?  We will probably find that out in a bit.

Edited by TazDevilz1986

Just now, UTKA_BLACK said:

A lot of people go like this!!

ask other players 

You keep posting garble. What do you mean that a lot of players "go like this"?

From your own description, you played easy mode first. This isn't a question about whether or not you can start in Ultra-Violent mode. You already said, in this thread, that you didn't. The question then becomes: why didn't you unlock A Sinister Smush when you finished your easy mode game?

You're saying it's impossible because you played the game differently. You need to find someone who was also someone you can trust.

14 minutes ago, UTKA_BLACK said:

You're saying it's impossible because you played the game differently. You need to find someone who was also someone you can trust.

We are just looking for an explanation from you, the person disputing it.  So far you haven't said anything that makes sense (whether it's from misspelling or poor sentence structure) so we have to piece things together ourselves.  Please answer @starcrunch061 s question

21 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

From your own description, you played easy mode first. This isn't a question about whether or not you can start in Ultra-Violent mode. You already said, in this thread, that you didn't. The question then becomes: why didn't you unlock A Sinister Smush when you finished your easy mode game?

Say it again, that was on easy. Then pumped. And then I went for the max. I ask others how they passed, but many do not remember. And other players have the same story, I looked at the last received. And again if you were first on veteran and then on top speed.. I was different. Can be hammer out on the other ACC , on this same path. But I have no game. The game was on the disk. That was two years ago. Started on easy, then pumped.. and two days later, the current at maximum speed closed. Sorry, if that the it is unclear, 'm using google translator.

43 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

You are being overly harsh on someone when English is obviously not their first language.

2 minutes ago, Martain2 said:

You are being overly harsh on someone when English is obviously not their first language.

🙏

26 minutes ago, Martain2 said:

The lack of English hurts, but it's not the real problem. 

36 minutes ago, UTKA_BLACK said:

Say it again, that was on easy. Then pumped. And then I went for the max. I ask others how they passed, but many do not remember. And other players have the same story, I looked at the last received. And again if you were first on veteran and then on top speed.. I was different. Can be hammer out on the other ACC , on this same path. But I have no game. The game was on the disk. That was two years ago. Started on easy, then pumped.. and two days later, the current at maximum speed closed. Sorry, if that the it is unclear, 'm using google translator.

That's garble. It's not garble only because the English is poor. but also because it has nothing to do with the question at hand. 

Back to @UTKA_BLACK, did you complete the game on Easy? That's what you say in your first post. If so, then that's why A Sinister Smush got flagged. If not, then the thread doesn't make a whole lot of sense. As far as "many other players" having the same story, they don't. No one has said that they completed Easy mode without unlocking A Sinister Smush. Did you not complete easy mode?

Instead of making a new thread about it, let's just do it here, because I've been wondering about this one. How did you fully upgrade those weapons so fast in Bioshock?

If he is claiming that he played on easy and then UV there is no way his timestamps are possible. That said, UV is selectable from the beginning on the PS3 version, I only did one playthrough and got the UV difficulty trophy 1 minute after the Sinister Smush trophy. I think the trophy guide on playstationtrophies.org is incorrect, even within the thread someone raises the question about when UV is available. The guide here on psnprofiles says “if you want to reduce the number of playthroughs, start on hard difficulty (ultra violence).” Also the guide on ps3trophies.com says only 1 playthrough is needed. Also, while not entirely applicable, the Xbox360 guides I saw also show a need for only one playthrough. I don’t have a copy of the game, but could acquire one and boot it up without a save if needed.

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, Senor_T_Dub said:

If he is claiming that he played on easy and then UV there is no way his timestamps are possible. That said, UV is selectable from the beginning on the PS3 version, I only did one playthrough and got the UV difficulty trophy 1 minute after the Sinister Smush trophy. I think the trophy guide on playstationtrophies.org is incorrect, even within the thread someone raises the question about when UV is available. The guide here on psnprofiles says “if you want to reduce the number of playthroughs, start on hard difficulty (ultra violence).” Also the guide on ps3trophies.com says only 1 playthrough is needed. Also, while not entirely applicable, the Xbox360 guides I saw also show a need for only one playthrough. I don’t have a copy of the game, but could acquire one and boot it up without a save if needed.

You may be looking at the wrong thing, both linked guides in the posts here say PS3 required two playthroughs while PS4 only needs one.  Also, hard and ultra violent are two different difficulty modes and I'm pretty sure that Hard is available from the start but not UV

Edited by Muskratateer

7 minutes ago, Senor_T_Dub said:

I don't remember exactly.

19 minutes ago, Senor_T_Dub said:

The ps3trophies guide says you need to replay ALL chapters again on UV. They apparently don't consider it a playthrough because it has chapter select.

Relevant quote:

Story Playthrough #2 - Ultra Violence
After you have all the skills you need, play through on Ultra-Violence Difficulty on each Chapter and you will end up getting a shiney gold trophy.

Also, I see you have the same trophies popped as the OP in question. Do you happen to know what patch you were on? Everywhere I read says the PS3 version needs two play throughs...

40 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

The lack of English hurts, but it's not the real problem. 

That's garble. It's not garble only because the English is poor. but also because it has nothing to do with the question at hand. 

Back to @UTKA_BLACK, did you complete the game on Easy? That's what you say in your first post. If so, then that's why A Sinister Smush got flagged. If not, then the thread doesn't make a whole lot of sense. As far as "many other players" having the same story, they don't. No one has said that they completed Easy mode without unlocking A Sinister Smush. Did you not complete easy mode?

Sorry to have led you into error. I immediately started on the hardest difficulty. The second Chapter has circulated all skills. Who has a game check, the maximum complexity is available initially.

38 minutes ago, MMDE said:

Instead of making a new thread about it, let's just do it here, because I've been wondering about this one. How did you fully upgrade those weapons so fast in Bioshock?

Then what's wrong?

Posted (edited)

I’m not sure what the patch was, it’s been a number of years. I do know that I have the trophies in the same order, that’s why I posted about it, thought I could help clear up some misinformation.

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/4127-deadpool-trophy-guide

This is a from the PS3 guide here, notice it says 2 playthroughs at the top, but in the text below it says “to reduce the number of playthroughs, select the hard difficulty (Ultra-Violence).” This to me indicates that the trophy guide is saying do it in two for ease but it can be done in one.

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/deadpool/300742-deadpool-trophy-guide-roadmap-3.html

This is from the thread the playstationtrophies.org guide is embedded in. It appears there is at least some question as to when the UV difficulty is available for selection. 

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/677163-deadpool/68151486#4

Here is a post from someone on Gamefaqs saying they started UV as their first playthrough four years ago. This is from the PS3 board, at least two years prior to the release of the PS4 version.

At the very least, there appears to be enough confusion to warrant further discussion or investigation of the issue before we decide to mass flag people for this one trophy. For my playthrough I followed a guide online and started on UV. I completed the campaign and then went back via chapter select for the other trophies. 

Edited by Senor_T_Dub
Including links

22 minutes ago, UTKA_BLACK said:

Then what's wrong?

BioShock:

HfZTuxs.png

1 minute ago, Senor_T_Dub said:

I’m not sure what the patch was, it’s been a number of years. I do know that I have the trophies in the same order, that’s why I posted about it, thought I could help clear up some misinformation.

This is a screen grab from the PS3 guide here, notice it says 2 playthroughs at the top, but in the text below it says “to reduce the number of playthroughs, select the hard difficulty (Ultra-Violence).” This to me indicates that the trophy guide is saying do it in two for ease but it can be done in one.

This is a screen from the thread the playstationtrophies.org guide is embedded in. It appears there is at least some question as to when the UV difficulty is available for selection. 

Here is a post from someone on Gamefaqs saying they started UV as their first playthrough four years ago. This is from the PS3 board, at least two years prior to the release of the PS4 version.

At the very least, there appears to be enough confusion to warrant further discussion or investigation of the issue before we decide to mass flag people for this one trophy. For my playthrough I followed a guide online and started on UV. I completed the campaign and then went back via chapter select for the other trophies. 

Messed up the images, give me a second to put in links.

I checked. Found companion with the disc. He came in and checked.

1 minute ago, Arin1979 said:

2d2dunk.jpg

The game come and see.

please!

This sounds like another of those disputes that's going nowhere...

1 minute ago, Arin1979 said:

2d2dunk.jpg

Yeah we know that. The game has both trophy guides on here, all for both versions. However PS3 needs 2 playtroughs.