Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
UTKA_BLACK

UTKA_BLACK's Dispute

73 posts in this topic

Two of the first five people to complete the game as indicated on this website have the same trophy pattern. A sinister smush, followed by the UV trophy 50-60 seconds later. If it did require two playthroughs, they had the means to cheat the game within two days of release. Not saying that’s impossible, but this pattern of trophy unlocking is seen throughout the history of the PS3 version of the game and I’ve found plenty of accounts from people that are not flagged for other titles, nor do they have hidden trophies. Hard to imagine 30% of players cheating only Deadpool.

1 hour ago, MMDE said:

Instead of making a new thread about it, let's just do it here, because I've been wondering about this one. How did you fully upgrade those weapons so fast in Bioshock?

32 minutes ago, B1rvine said:

BioShock:

HfZTuxs.png

Hey. you approach the machine where the improvement of weapons can be done and upgrade all weapons. in techenii games do it constantly. and it is possible to accumulate upgrades and do it immediately. if you played this game, you might have figured it out. there are many games where you can get the ropes throughout the game, and you can save up the experience and do everything at once in one moment.
1 hour ago, MMDE said:

Instead of making a new thread about it, let's just do it here, because I've been wondering about this one. How did you fully upgrade those weapons so fast in Bioshock?

32 minutes ago, B1rvine said:

BioShock:

HfZTuxs.png

Hey. you approach the machine where the improvement of weapons can be done and upgrade all weapons. in techenii games do it constantly. and it is possible to accumulate upgrades and do it immediately. if you played this game, you might have figured it out. there are many games where you can get the ropes throughout the game, and you can save up the experience and do everything at once in one moment.

3 minutes ago, UTKA_BLACK said:

Hey. you approach the machine where the improvement of weapons can be done and upgrade all weapons. in techenii games do it constantly. and it is possible to accumulate upgrades and do it immediately.

But why are they earned out of order? In order to upgrade weapons you have to visit Power to the People Stations. There are 12 spread throughout the game. Each station gives you 1 free upgrade and then closes. So how did you earn them so fast and why are they out of order? I did find this but that is for the Collection on PS4 and I don't remember if the PS3 had Challenge maps like this does. But even if you used an exploit like this one would still think the trophies would unlock in order. Or am I wrong on this?

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, UTKA_BLACK said:

Not true, as previously stated you are only able to apply 1 upgrade per station at a time and it is impossible to save them up and upgrade multiple weapons at the same time. 

BioShock is my favourite game, I know how the upgrade system works in this game and it does not work like you describe. 

Edited by Martain2

18 minutes ago, Martain2 said:

Not true, as previously stated you are only able to apply 1 upgrade per station at a time and it is impossible to save them up and upgrade multiple weapons at the same time. 

BioShock is my favourite game, I know how the upgrade system works in this game and it does not work like you describe. 

I did not expect another from you

1 hour ago, UTKA_BLACK said:

if you played this game, you might have figured it out. 

I have played the game, and no the weapon upgrade stations do not work like that.

1 hour ago, Afro_Gear said:

...I did find this...

Interesting find, but you should really let the disputer answer the questions, because he should be able to tell us this first. Otherwise if someone finds something remotely possible looking, the disputer will just latch on and say "Yeah I did it that way!!!"  Anyway, its irrelevant, this individual doesn't have the challenge map DLC played.  

Though, I am curious how this would behave in the PS3 version with DLC installed.  Care to test this out?

Posted (edited)

22 minutes ago, B1rvine said:

I have played the game, and no the weapon upgrade stations do not work like that.

Interesting find, but you should really let the disputer answer the questions, because he should be able to tell us this first. Otherwise if someone finds something remotely possible looking, the disputer will just latch on and say "Yeah I did it that way!!!"  Anyway, its irrelevant, this individual doesn't have the challenge map DLC played.  

Though, I am curious how this would behave in the PS3 version with DLC installed.  Care to test this out?

It isnt just those 3 trophies that are out of order, They also unlocked 3 and then 2 weapons fully upgraded out of order about an hour and a half before the 4, 5 and all weapons ones. 

Basically their weapon upgrade trophies go 1, 3, 2, all/6, 5 then 4 which is a complete mess. 

Edited by Martain2

2 minutes ago, B1rvine said:

nteresting find, but you should really let the disputer answer the questions,

@B1rvine I suppose. I've been lurking these threads for a bit and it often turns into a pile on fest for the OP. Whether they cheated or not I don't know but they are saying they didn't. My goal is to get to the bottom of it. I found something that might help them so I shared it. Would't it be better to prove a fellow gamer's innocence instead of just assuming guilt? IDK, just my thoughts. 

5 minutes ago, B1rvine said:

I don't think I have the DLC but I can check. If anyone wants to beat me to it feel free...

1 minute ago, Afro_Gear said:

@B1rvine I suppose. I've been lurking these threads for a bit and it often turns into a pile on fest for the OP. Whether they cheated or not I don't know but they are saying they didn't. My goal is to get to the bottom of it. I found something that might help them so I shared it. Would't it be better to prove a fellow gamer's innocence instead of just assuming guilt? IDK, just my thoughts. 

I don't think I have the DLC but I can check. If anyone wants to beat me to it feel free...

I agree with you. The point of these threads is to get community input on whether or not a certain pattern of trophies is possible. If we just wanted to interrogate OP, that could be done in a more private system.

26 minutes ago, UTKA_BLACK said:
I did not expect another from you

I was offering a bit of defense for your lack of understanding English not your trophies disputing, even excluding the messed up order of your BioShock weapon upgrade trophies the close times on some of the other ones are very suspect 

Posted (edited)

39 minutes ago, B1rvine said:

couldn't remove this on cell...

Interesting find, but you should really let the disputer answer the questions, because he should be able to tell us this first. Otherwise if someone finds something remotely possible looking, the disputer will just latch on and say "Yeah I did it that way!!!"

i don't quite get the mentality of "if it proves the OP is guilty then bring it on" but "if it might prove their innocence don't post it"...isn't the point here to see what is possible and what is not and remove impossible time stamps from the leaderboards?...is only info that leads to the flag staying worth submitting?...seems odd...shouldn't all info be looked at, analyzed for relevance with regards to affected time stamps, then conclusions be drawn?...and who cares if everyone uses the same excuse?...if the time stamps are possible there should be no flag in the first place, no?...

i'm not implying this person hasn't cheated just trying to understand the logic here...

p.s. is there a way to not have disputes show up on the activity feed?...this $hit comes up so much I eventually click on it and seems like I always regret it...ugh...

Edited by ProfBambam55

7 minutes ago, B1rvine said:

I'm in agreement with you, that these are cheated. He doesn't have the DLC, so this possible workaround is not relevant in his case for Bioshock.

Community input is fine, but should be limited to confirm or deny a response by the disputer. This is why the disputer is supposed to share the reason that they are flagged, followed by a response of how what they did is possible or not.  Then, other people familiar with the game can confirm/deny what's being said.  Because someone else answered MMDE's and my question that was intended directly to the disputer, now we have an unchecked answer that "might" be possible, and not even relevant since he doesn't have the DLC, which is only going to add more confusion. 

There have been several cases where guilty disputers had absolutely NO idea, made up a complete lie, followed by more lies, followed by more lies, to have someone then post a reason that basically is so specific where someone would have to "try to plan the trophies" in that way, and then the disputer finally says "Oh yeah thats right I did it that way!! He's right!!!" 

The FEW disputers that do something legit and just don't know why trophies unlock in a way usually give some account of their story that can be verified by others after in more detail.

I'm not going to derail the thread further, but we shouldn't be unflagging people because of how good they present their case. That's called bias. This is an investigation where we are trying to figure out if the trophies are possible. OP's input is here to help us investigate, but this should no way be a 'prove yourself innocent' type of deal. Even if someone said "I cheated these games", unless the timestamps show that, the flag should be lifted. We aren't judging the character of OP here, just the validity of their trophies. 

Not trying to take any sides here, but because it was mentioned earlier, I went ahead and booted up my copy of Deadpool on a fresh user to verify if Ultra-Violence! is available from the start. I can confirm that on a NA retail PS3 copy of Deadpool, Ultra-Violence! is indeed playable as soon as you start the game. I don't know if there's some differences between different versions and regions, though.

There was mention of a patch, but my game would not update. I tried starting the game on my personal user connected to my PSN to see if that'd get it going, but nothing happened and I wasn't signed out like I would usually be playing an unpatched game.

Posted (edited)

24 minutes ago, Snokes said:

Not trying to take any sides here, but because it was mentioned earlier, I went ahead and booted up my copy of Deadpool on a fresh user to verify if Ultra-Violence! is available from the start. I can confirm that on a NA retail PS3 copy of Deadpool, Ultra-Violence! is indeed playable as soon as you start the game. I don't know if there's some differences between different versions and regions, though.

There was mention of a patch, but my game would not update. I tried starting the game on my personal user connected to my PSN to see if that'd get it going, but nothing happened and I wasn't signed out like I would usually be playing an unpatched game.

The only thing I have slight issue with is the multiple posts where OP claims to have played through on easy first with such tenacity. The first page is littered with this if you quickly skim through. I can understand that after x amount of years you might have forgotten or whatever but then the honest thing would be to just say so rather than gamble on an answer. It makes the whole dispute more confusing, but I am inclined to lean on the side of reasonable doubt for Deadpool considering a lot of other people's similar timestamps and the fact that you can apparently play on Ultra-Violence from the get-go.

Bioshock however is also one of my favourite franchises and those are not legitimate timestamps for the weapon upgrades. And if they are, I'd like to know step-by-step how to go about achieving it in that specific order which is all over the place.

Edited by Zolkovo

31 minutes ago, Zolkovo said:

The only thing I have slight issue with is the multiple posts where OP claims to have played through on easy first with such tenacity. The first page is littered with this if you quickly skim through. I can understand that after x amount of years you might have forgotten or whatever but then the honest thing would be to just say so rather than gamble on an answer. It makes the whole dispute more confusing, but I am inclined to lean on the side of reasonable doubt for Deadpool considering a lot of other people's similar timestamps and the fact that you can apparently play on Ultra-Violence from the get-go.

Bioshock however is also one of my favourite franchises and those are not legitimate timestamps for the weapon upgrades. And if they are, I'd like to know step-by-step how to go about achieving it in that specific order which is all over the place.

I wasn't trying to defend the OP in any way, and I'm well aware of the inconsistencies and question dodging throughout the whole thread. It's just that people were saying that completing Ultra-Violence! on your first run was downright impossible on PS3. If this case were to be used as any sort of precedent, then a lot of innocent people could potentially be flagged in the future. It seemed that nobody making any claims on this still had a copy of the game, so I just took it upon myself to verify since I still had mine sitting on my shelf.

If you ask me, this dispute is all bunco, especially with those BioShock timestamps brought into light (I too am a BioShock fan). I just personally wasn't comfortable with falsities being used as facts.

Just had Bioshock Challenge Room DLC installed, will check out if it's possible to unlock upgrade trophy in the DLC's Challenge Room. 

Upgraded Grenade Launcher, Pistol, Machine Gun, & Shotgun, not a single upgrade trophy pop.

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, ProfBambam55 said:

p.s. is there a way to not have disputes show up on the activity feed?...this $hit comes up so much I eventually click on it and seems like I always regret it...ugh...

Be grateful they don't appear in the homepage under "Recent forum posts"... :(

Edited by Lance_87

1 hour ago, Lance_87 said:

Be grateful they don't appear in the homepage under "Recent forum posts"... :(

I pretty much never see the home page...is it useful?...i just hit the webpage looking thing beside search and the menu icon to display all activity or hit up the gaming sessions page...not much else I browse really...an option to remove disputes would be nice...or does it exist and I just don't see it?...

2 hours ago, Snokes said:

I wasn't trying to defend the OP in any way, and I'm well aware of the inconsistencies and question dodging throughout the whole thread. It's just that people were saying that completing Ultra-Violence! on your first run was downright impossible on PS3. If this case were to be used as any sort of precedent, then a lot of innocent people could potentially be flagged in the future. It seemed that nobody making any claims on this still had a copy of the game, so I just took it upon myself to verify since I still had mine sitting on my shelf.

If you ask me, this dispute is all bunco, especially with those BioShock timestamps brought into light (I too am a BioShock fan). I just personally wasn't comfortable with falsities being used as facts.

Thanks for correcting me, I could have sworn it was locked which is why I stuck to the guides for confirmation. 

Because there's way too many people who does UV on first playthrough for it to just be people who cheat, I'll lift the flag. I mean, 24 of the first 50 achievers did the same thing...

@UTKA_BLACK make a new thread for Bioshock if you wanna dispute that then, I think it will just get too messy to do that here.