Is this platinum still doable?

Yrva

It should be still obtainable, the online works for it. You might struggle with games like this if you have hardly played them because combo challenges aren't very welcoming to new players. I've not played it, but that's what I can imagine from it. Aside from that, I know that if you do the online for the game you will benefit more by being helped by someone who has already achieved level 30 if you want to become level 30 yourself, the higher the level of your opponent, the more you will rank up by beating them. 

• Like 1

Just now, Sergen said:

It should be still obtainable, the online works for it. You might struggle with games like this if you have hardly played them because combo challenges aren't very welcoming to new players. I've not played it, but that's what I can imagine from it. Aside from that, I know that if you do the online for the game you will benefit more by being helped by someone who has already achieved level 30 if you want to become level 30 yourself, the higher the level of your opponent, the more you will rank up by beating them. 

I see, okay, thanks! I'll still give it a go.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

It's very much doable. The servers are still on, just empty, but since you only need one person to help you boost, as long as you find a dedicated partner, it should come really easy. It will take a few hours, though (about 9).

I haven't done any challenges yet, but if they're anything like the ones in Dragon Ball FighterZ, they can take a while, but they're doable.

Oh, and try to get the Cleanup Grand Slam trophy whenever you're with your partner. It's nearly impossible to do in arcade mode, you might as well take advantage of the fact that your adversary isn't AI-controlled.

• 1 month later...

Challenges are rough, especially the final one for any character since they're basically free game with no set combo to follow. You have to figure out how to reach the damage/combo number they want yourself, and I don't think there's a demonstration for all of them unless they added it. It's been years since I touched this game. If anything, just save the challenge trophies for the DLC characters, since you need to complete all of their challenges for their trophies.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
On 3/22/2019 at 4:34 PM, Roronora_Zoro666 said:

I honestly don't like putting others down for doing a game, especially one like this. I say do the online and just tackle the challenges at your own pace. If you struggle, shoot me a message. 

Thanks a lot brother. Will finish Trails of Cold Steel then I'll go back at it!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
22 hours ago, Eraezr said:

I just had a look at the game on the PS Store and holy Batman, they went nuts with the DLC modelling. Hard copies on eBay seem kinda pricey for a PS3 title too.

Yeah theres a lot of unnecessary DLC but that's common for ArcSys. I really wish they made the characters cheaper though, I still gotta buy Guilty Gear and Blazblue DLC characters.