Cool Stuff You Probably Didn’t Know About The PS4

Arkthur

Isnt the light bar on the bottom of the controller? What good is it going to do for seeing my health? Why not, ya know, the age old system of a health bar?

Also, with the PSMove, the controllers changed colors depending on which colors would show up best in your room, I'd imagine they'd still be on that system, logically.

Isnt the light bar on the bottom of the controller? What good is it going to do for seeing my health? Why not, ya know, the age old system of a health bar?

Also, with the PSMove, the controllers changed colors depending on which colors would show up best in your room, I'd imagine they'd still be on that system, logically.

Light reflects and it's not a Move controller, it can interact with the camera but it isn't a Move.

• Like 1

I was originally bummed about the buttons when I first read about it, but then I realized the only game that I know of that even makes use of that feature is Gran Turismo and even then most people use the analog stick or a wheel, so it isn't much of a loss, especially if it saves Sony money.

I am very happy to hear the PS3 will charge our controllers when it sleeps. That is one thing I love about my 360 and I'm glad Sony is brining it to us.

Parker

• Like 1

The real name thing is going to be interesting. I was a little put off by it when it was first announced, but I quickly realized that most of my PSN friends are people I know in real life. The fact that sharing it is optional is a good thing too. What do the rest of you think of this feature?

The real name thing is going to be interesting. I was a little put off by it when it was first announced, but I quickly realized that most of my PSN friends are people I know in real life. The fact that sharing it is optional is a good thing too. What do the rest of you think of this feature?

Well, I'm a lil angry about that too.  Though what I really want to confirm, and I need an official confirm, is will the ps4 will feature a projectile changing the environment of the room you're playing so it's like you're in the game.  IDK, it's not too much is it?

Edited by YJSaints

Personally, I like the feature. Obviously it's optional so people can still be little cocks online while remaining anonymous but I enjoy getting to know the people I game with. That's the reason I use my real name on this website, I feel like I can get to know people better when they call me by Parker instead of James_Page.

Parker

Personally, I like the feature. Obviously it's optional so people can still be little cocks online while remaining anonymous but I enjoy getting to know the people I game with. That's the reason I use my real name on this website, I feel like I can get to know people better when they call me by Parker instead of James_Page.

Parker

What is James_Page a reference to?

What is James_Page a reference to?

Jimmy Page, the guitarist of Led Zeppelin. His name is James Patrick Page, goes by Jimmy, and the PSN JimmyPage was taken so I went with James_Page. Highly unoriginal I know, but without the man I never would have started playing guitar and I'd never have the appreciation of music that I have now.

Parker

If core gamers are your main audience why the PS Move?  Why jump on the motion controls badnwagon at all?  ~__~ a lot of this stuff in the OP seems pretty alright though.

Because you want to have the largest audience possible. Sony have made it known that their core audience is more than taken care of and now they're trying to get the casual crowd to jump on board with the PS4 as well. The Move can be great when used properly.

Parker

Edited by Parker

Because you want to have the largest audience possible. Sony have made it known that their core audience is more than taken care of and now their trying to get the casual crowd to jump on board with the PS4 as well. The Move can be great when used properly.

Parker

I agree. Just because something hasn't been used to its fullest potential this generation does not mean that the same will be true during the following generation. Thanks for sharing the tidbit about your name, by the way. :)

• Like 1

Guess that the online community in PS4 will be really noisy for they bundled mics with PS4, probably so much trashtalking on online multiplayer games. HAHA!

I've met a lot of great guys on the 360 simply because we had mics and could communicate with one another. Sure you have more trash talking, but I'll take the bad with the good and in team based online games it's always nice to have teammates that you can actually communicate with. Let's see if Sony provides an HDMI cable though...

Parker

If this info is real, then I like the fact that the controllers charge when the ps4 is in sleep mode. That's something I always wanted on the ps3 since my controllers always run out of battery. 

But what's the deal with digital buttons? I hope it turns out to be good. I don't really like major changes like that.

If this info is real, then I like the fact that the controllers charge when the ps4 is in sleep mode. That's something I always wanted on the ps3 since my controllers always run out of battery. 

But what's the deal with digital buttons? I hope it turns out to be good. I don't really like major changes like that.

It's not a big deal, really. They'll be the same buttons but they just won't be pressure sensitive. Gran Turismo is the only game I can think of that actually uses the analog buttons so losing them won't be any sort of loss at all.

Parker

I like the features in general, it's going to be a hell of a console.

About the social part, I also think it's a great improvement. Putting your name there (if you want), makes you know more about the people and also let them know more about yourself. Not only it's a tech change and a feature addition, it's also evolving in terms of "personality", and it can turn out well.

I hope to see more changes like those, it sounds great so far (and I also hope we can see how it looks like.. I know, they'll show it when it's time, but.. I'm curious :( )

Headset in Every Box

The PlayStation Network is a quiet place right now. Why? Well, the PS3 didn’t bundle a mic with the console, so lots of players never grabbed one. The PS4 will put a headset in every box so that communication is easy.

Craptastic.

Now we'll hear more little sisters/brothers screaming in the background, dogs barking and scooter passing nearby.

People coughing, sneezing and talking with random family members without a care in the world.

Gonna reduce the number of games with online trophies I'll buy.

• Like 1

Going to weigh in my thoughts on this stuff I didn't know but had time to research. 

A larger HD in every console- The biggest right now on the PS3 is 500 gigs. Now my PC has 2 1Tig HD. So if I get an PS4 in the future 1Tig would make me happy while 2Tig will drop my jaw even at start so good thing Sony listening to the fans and devs on this end. Right now PS3 I have 80gigs well you have to start deleting game files to shuffle around the game you wanna play. So to me this is a huge deal maker for gamers. More space means more games to install.

Buttons: They are a changin'- Long as I can play like I am doing with my PS 1 to PS 3 than it's all cool. I kinda don't really care about the touchpad long as it's like an mini map or something so I can use it to follow an path than cool.

PS4 charges controllers while it sleeps- Pretty good to me. So this makes multi-controller using for trophies much more easier.

Headset in every box- Only problem with that is the mouthy 12-18 year olds who loves to year at the mic. Believe me it's annoying as hell. Just hopefully they have an PVP game like Diablo 1 NOT 3 where I can turn the switch on and kill em than laugh in their faces while I drink their tears. Still the only thing I do want is if it works with my Turtle Beach headset. Those things are da bomb and using it on the PS4 would be even more better. I'll still buy MP games but I'll use my cautionary system I always used ever since Ghostbusters the video game.

The PS4 Eye Will Enhance the PS4 User experience- I don't care about the eye never did. I just don't want it to record me on the internet and yes I will be shutting off that useless social feature.  Now if it works with LBP 2 with the Move pack on the cloud gaming system and the servers are still up I'll be inclined to buy the DLC just for the trophies. Other than that don't really care.

Real Name PSN Battle.net 2.0 debacle take 2- I guess people never learned. It's optional now but what if the next system is mandatory.  Real names online provides problems with unhinged people out there who love to harass people with their real name shown male or worse female. I play games to be anon not  to have everyone know my name or who the hell I am.  I am saying it's bad news and people will abuse this even for crimial needs. Watch the rise of PSN accounts being hijacked by crimials even for games that offer MMOs which are the kingpins of gaming crimial activies like gold farming and leveling services. Real Names is also an security breach. That means you put your real name out that means there will be some stupid people put out their email which in case is thier b.net, PSN, Xbox live and other gaming services that uses an email. Once someone has an hold of your email than all it takes is them finding your pw and your account is now in their hands. Here's the reminder why Real ID was bad and so is this. It's optional on the PS 4 but the day it's not I'm using an fake name.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_ID_(Battle.net)#Privacy_and_Real_ID

I'm not using this real name crap and yes I'm repeating what I said before. 

Recording is mandatory- Recording feature is cool but I rather have an video editor and the ability to record to store on that editor so I can edit, merge clips and do other stuff like on Youtube. Yeah I might record an match and such but I like to control the content so I beat someone down I want people to know it :). Still cool feature thus the bigger HD. 

Remote Play Upgrades- Awesome. I have my PS3 hooked to my PC which has my cap card in it. Imagine the damage you can do with Remote Play and PS Vita on the PS4. That means if your playing Soul Sacrifice you can now record it without problems with the cap card and put PS Vita games on Youtube. Thanks Sony.

Colors/Numbers- Pretty awesome couch gaming feature. So now people can play it pre-PS3/Xbox 360 gaming. This is awesome for gamers who rather get their close buddies together and have some fun.

Over all it's cool with some stuff not needed or one feature I don't want. The HD size and Remote Play stuff is killer to me. 

Craptastic.

Now we'll hear more little sisters/brothers screaming in the background, dogs barking and scooter passing nearby.

People coughing, sneezing and talking with random family members without a care in the world.

Gonna reduce the number of games with online trophies I'll buy.

You do know there is a mute feature right?

• Like 1

Some people moan too much about the name thing, its not a big deal at all, most people have facebook or twitter or both these days and have their names all over that, you don't have to have your name there if you dont want, or if its that big of  a deal use a fake name. 

I honestly do not see the Issue, social features are there if you want to use them, but if you want to be a hermit then thats fine too.

Perhaps theres even a option that only lets accepted friends see your proper name? Either way it isnt going to bother me who see's my full name. 

Oh and hackers can get your name off current PSN accounts anyway, or at most a surname which is all they need to go with whatever details they need to do...hacker stuff....