Cool Stuff You Probably Didn’t Know About The PS4

Arkthur

Hackers can get your information yet social sites people tend to be REALLY stupid and post their emails. Look what happened before Diablo 3 PC version was released, someone made an Facebook page with a fake name and convinced many people to give em their name, email account, character name and anything else that is not an password into fooling thinking they were going to be in Diablo 3 beta. The person did used this as an test to see how bad social networking is and well it is bad. Again watch the account hijacks being much more high with the real name thing. Find your real name and believe me email and such will follow.

As for the mic thing it's amusing really. Kids screaming on it than seconds later some lady with an fan cuts them down to size and their mouthiness turns into tears  you can drink. Just remember if some mouthy fool is using the mic and annoying you and you got an chance to keel em do it. Believe me it's loads of fun. I had an blast doing that to kids on the PS3 and PC :).

I'm actually looking forward to using my real name and connecting my social stuff ,

I used to like just gaming with myself but playing with friends is so much better my facebook friends most of them dont even know im a hardcore gamer lol 

But i do worry about hacker's etc even though most websites are secured alot aren't so i guess we will see :P 

i'll be using most if not all ps4's features as that's how things go . 

I've never given too much thought to the real name stuff, I don't like to use it, and with all these social media stuff I'll probably just make a new profile just for the PS4, since none of my FB friends are gamers no need to link them both.

Real names? Sounds horrid to me. Why not just stick to PSN names?

You can. I'm not sure if you read the article, but by default the system will display your PSN name and you'll have to enable a setting to allow people to see your real name.

Parker

This may be a stupid question, but will my trophies and my account transfer over to PS4? Or will I have to make a new one? Neat information you showed thanks! 

It is curious that they haven't said a word about that when it is one of the main concerns of gamers. I am inclined to say yes, since the trophies are stored online and you can transfer them from the PS3 to the Vita, I don't see why we can't carry them to the next gen.

• Like 1

This may be a stupid question, but will my trophies and my account transfer over to PS4? Or will I have to make a new one? Neat information you showed thanks!

It is curious that they haven't said a word about that when it is one of the main concerns of gamers. I am inclined to say yes, since the trophies are stored online and you can transfer them from the PS3 to the Vita, I don't see why we can't carry them to the next gen. 

I don't see why not. Trophies are indeed confirmed, I think it would be silly of them not to make it possible. And like Arkthur says, you can do it with the Vita.. my bet is that it will be possible.

• Like 1

I don't see why not. Trophies are indeed confirmed, I think it would be silly of them not to make it possible. And like Arkthur says, you can do it with the Vita.. my bet is that it will be possible.

Okay thats good news at least. I can't believe they're saying PS3 games won't work on the PS4. Thats ridiculous if you ask me. 

Exactly my thoughts as well. If I'm ever bothered by someone mouthing off online I simply mute them. It takes all of one second and keeps me happy the rest of the match.

Parker

You two know that mute options vary from game to game and in some game you can mute only peeps in your team and not in the waiting lobbies, right?

You two know that mute options vary from game to game and in some game you can mute only peeps in your team and not in the waiting lobbies, right?

Okay, while you're waiting in the lobby simply take the headset off if other people are bothering you that much. I would much, much rather Sony include headsets and have the opportunity to genuinely work as a team in multiplayer games than have them do what they did with the PS3 and make us buy our own. If that means I'll occasionally have to take 2 seconds of my time to remove my headset in the lobby, I'll take that.

Personally, I think you guys are blowing things way out of proportion. You're all entitled to your own opinions though. B)

Parker

• Like 1

Why would I play with a headset if I have a 5.1 system?

And I don't see why I should turn the audio off if other people are not aware of using their mic in a moronic way?

What about that little slice of people who don't own a "5.1 system"? Just because you don't have the need of one, doesn't mean nobody does either.

But anyway, thats the beauty of the free world, you don't want the headset, don't use it.

• 3 weeks later...

"Headset in Every Box"

That is nice, but I still want my turtle beach headset to work on Playstation 4

Sony is very good about supporting older peripherals on their new systems (I have a few racing wheels for PS2 that work fine with the PS3) and I'm sure the PS4 will have USB ports so I can't imagine why our headsets wouldn't work.

Parker

Going to weigh in my thoughts on this stuff I didn't know but had time to research. 

A larger HD in every console- The biggest right now on the PS3 is 500 gigs. Now my PC has 2 1Tig HD. So if I get an PS4 in the future 1Tig would make me happy while 2Tig will drop my jaw even at start so good thing Sony listening to the fans and devs on this end. Right now PS3 I have 80gigs well you have to start deleting game files to shuffle around the game you wanna play. So to me this is a huge deal maker for gamers. More space means more games to install.

Buttons: They are a changin'- Long as I can play like I am doing with my PS 1 to PS 3 than it's all cool. I kinda don't really care about the touchpad long as it's like an mini map or something so I can use it to follow an path than cool.

PS4 charges controllers while it sleeps- Pretty good to me. So this makes multi-controller using for trophies much more easier.

Headset in every box- Only problem with that is the mouthy 12-18 year olds who loves to year at the mic. Believe me it's annoying as hell. Just hopefully they have an PVP game like Diablo 1 NOT 3 where I can turn the switch on and kill em than laugh in their faces while I drink their tears. Still the only thing I do want is if it works with my Turtle Beach headset. Those things are da bomb and using it on the PS4 would be even more better. I'll still buy MP games but I'll use my cautionary system I always used ever since Ghostbusters the video game.

The PS4 Eye Will Enhance the PS4 User experience- I don't care about the eye never did. I just don't want it to record me on the internet and yes I will be shutting off that useless social feature.  Now if it works with LBP 2 with the Move pack on the cloud gaming system and the servers are still up I'll be inclined to buy the DLC just for the trophies. Other than that don't really care.

Real Name PSN Battle.net 2.0 debacle take 2- I guess people never learned. It's optional now but what if the next system is mandatory.  Real names online provides problems with unhinged people out there who love to harass people with their real name shown male or worse female. I play games to be anon not  to have everyone know my name or who the hell I am.  I am saying it's bad news and people will abuse this even for crimial needs. Watch the rise of PSN accounts being hijacked by crimials even for games that offer MMOs which are the kingpins of gaming crimial activies like gold farming and leveling services. Real Names is also an security breach. That means you put your real name out that means there will be some stupid people put out their email which in case is thier b.net, PSN, Xbox live and other gaming services that uses an email. Once someone has an hold of your email than all it takes is them finding your pw and your account is now in their hands. Here's the reminder why Real ID was bad and so is this. It's optional on the PS 4 but the day it's not I'm using an fake name.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_ID_(Battle.net)#Privacy_and_Real_ID

I'm not using this real name crap and yes I'm repeating what I said before. 

Recording is mandatory- Recording feature is cool but I rather have an video editor and the ability to record to store on that editor so I can edit, merge clips and do other stuff like on Youtube. Yeah I might record an match and such but I like to control the content so I beat someone down I want people to know it :). Still cool feature thus the bigger HD. 

Remote Play Upgrades- Awesome. I have my PS3 hooked to my PC which has my cap card in it. Imagine the damage you can do with Remote Play and PS Vita on the PS4. That means if your playing Soul Sacrifice you can now record it without problems with the cap card and put PS Vita games on Youtube. Thanks Sony.

Colors/Numbers- Pretty awesome couch gaming feature. So now people can play it pre-PS3/Xbox 360 gaming. This is awesome for gamers who rather get their close buddies together and have some fun.

Over all it's cool with some stuff not needed or one feature I don't want. The HD size and Remote Play stuff is killer to me. 

it can already be recorded with modded vita (video card set in) check YouTube and seeing vita screen on tv is also possible search forthat on YouTube but  u need mac mini and some cables  see des. on youtube video i hope remote play will add option set ps vita screen to your tv 2 screens doewnt mean it does bc u view ps4 screen on tv and psvita not psvita screen on psvita and tv

it can already be recorded with modded vita (video card set in) check YouTube and seeing vita screen on tv is also possible search forthat on YouTube but  u need mac mini and some cables  see des. on youtube video i hope remote play will add option set ps vita screen to your tv 2 screens doewnt mean it does bc u view ps4 screen on tv and psvita not psvita screen on psvita and tv

Nice but I won't mod my Vita. Still if I can do something legit with the PS4 and Vita for instance hooking the Vita to the PS4 than playing it on the big screen so I can record. One can only dream :).

Nice but I won't mod my Vita. Still if I can do something legit with the PS4 and Vita for instance hooking the Vita to the PS4 than playing it on the big screen so I can record. One can only dream :).

Well.....maybe I'm wrong but if the Vita can play any PS4 title, there has to be some possibility of what you are saying right now, maybe not hooking the Vita but using the stream service. Like you said, we can only dream.

• 3 weeks later...