War of the Chosen worth the price?

Mori

Short and simple.

Since it is on sale for 25€.

Is it like Xcom Enemy within and a Full Game (as an add-on)? I Plan on doing all trophies, so do i get sth. Worth the price or only a few additions that are quickly Completed?

Edited by Mori-101
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mori-101 said:

Short and simple.

Is it like Xcom Enemy within and a Full Game (as an add-on)? I Plan on doing all trophies, so do i get sth. Worth the price or only a few additions that are quickly Completed?

There is a ton of content. Way more than Enemy Within compared to Enemy Unknown, from what I recall. The core game remains the same, of course, but if Enemy Within satisfied you, I would think War of the Chosen will also.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 7. mars 2018 at 10:54 PM, Mori-101 said:

Short and simple.

Worth the price or only a few additions that are quickly Completed?

"War of the Chosen" is a very good and very big expansion of the game, and after my opinion, well worth the money spent. 

In comparison XCOM 2 is 20 GB, and "War of the Chosen" is 32 GB. This speaks for itself, you get a lot of new content. 

What is new? 

- Many new missions and places to battle the aliens.

- You have three resistance factions to interact with.

- Three new soldier classes, and there is a lot to like about them.

- Many new alien troops to fight. It makes the game more entertaining when you have played through XCOM 2 a couple of times.

- The introduction of "the Chosen" in the game. Three different bosses sent to track you down. A bit like the alien rulers, but much more fun.

- You meet "the Lost", humans transformed into zombies, due to the aliens chemical warfare 20 years ago. There is a lot of Lost. Bring enough ammo. 

- A new system where you earn "Ability Points", which you can spend upgrading your soldiers.

- You send your soldiers out on covert operations. 

- Your soldiers become tired after combat, and can develop negative traits if you push them to much. You need a larger group of troops to rotate the battlefield. 

- Soldiers develop positive bonds when deployed together several times. This gives you benefits in the field, when they are on the same mission. 

After installing "War of the Chosen" you get two choices when starting XCOM. You can either click "XCOM 2" and play the old version, or click "War of the Chosen". 

This is smart, because otherwise it will become very difficult to get all the trophies. To beat the game by July seems harder in "War of the Chosen". 

I estimate that I have played "War of the Chosen" for about 25 hours, on commander difficulty, and I have received five out of ten trophies. It is a balanced, yet challenging game. 

I am going to play this over again. It is well worth the price. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Teo_Bergen_Norge said:

"War of the Chosen" is a very good and very big expansion of the game, and after my opinion, well worth the money spent. 

In comparison XCOM 2 is 20 GB, and "War of the Chosen" is 32 GB. This speaks for itself, you get a lot of new content. 

What is new? 

- Many new missions and places to battle the aliens.

- You have three resistance factions to interact with.

- Three new soldier classes, and there is a lot to like about them.

- Many new alien troops to fight. It makes the game more entertaining when you have played through XCOM 2 a couple of times.

- The introduction of "the Chosen" in the game. Three different bosses sent to track you down. A bit like the alien rulers, but much more fun.

- You meet "the Lost", humans transformed into zombies, due to the aliens chemical warfare 20 years ago. There is a lot of Lost. Bring enough ammo. 

- A new system where you earn "Ability Points", which you can spend upgrading your soldiers.

- You send your soldiers out on covert operations. 

- Your soldiers become tired after combat, and can develop negative traits if you push them to much. You need a larger group of troops to rotate the battlefield. 

- Soldiers develop positive bonds when deployed together several times. This gives you benefits in the field, when they are on the same mission. 

After installing "War of the Chosen" you get two choices when starting XCOM. You can either click "XCOM 2" and play the old version, or click "War of the Chosen". 

This is smart, because otherwise it will become very difficult to get all the trophies. To beat the game by July seems harder in "War of the Chosen". 

I estimate that I have played "War of the Chosen" for about 25 hours, on commander difficulty, and I have received five out of ten trophies. It is a balanced, yet challenging game. 

I am going to play this over again. It is well worth the price. 

Thank you very much. I am glad that I bought the Add-On.

• Like 1

Nice to hear that you liked my answer!

I was wondering myself if "War of the Chosen" was worth the price before I bought it, but nobody answered the question. Therefore I decided to give my opinion regarding the game after I had thoroughly testet it out. I was positively surprised. The game exceeded my expectations.

"War of the Chosen" is the best gaming experience in the XCOM universe to date.