Leveling chocobos suuuuuuucks...

RNumbers

If you manage to find a level 50 chocobo (the only way to eventually reach L99, it seems), back up that save. Maybe there's some technique I'm not fully grasping, but sometimes you have to level up all three stats to a certain threshold to advance, and a single injury can screw you out of it.

I found a level 50 black chocobo after several missions, and it took me quite a few attempts to get to 99 (downloading my save each time I failed). And even then the stats weren't enough for the final mission (jump was too low, the other stats were way higher than needed). There seems to be a big RNG element here, but thankfully backing up your save mitigates some of the frustration (unlike the Kenny trophy... seriously, WTF, Square?)

Edit: Apparently you can just exit to XMB if something goes wrong, but given the load times, I'm going to stick with my initial assessment of "sucks." I did eventually get lucky and make a 99 chocobo that could handle any route, but I still think it was unnecessarily painful.

Edited by RNumbers
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, RNumbers said:

Yeah, as far as I can tell there's a massive difficulty spike keeping me from the last 3 tombs. Pretty lame.

You play online, you get glitches everywhere.

You play the same mission over and over for like 10h to get 999999kw which is really fun.

and now you have this cool thing called Chocobo.

its funny cuz there're still bugs from day 1 till today