Platinum you are most ashamed of?

Tusked-Lattice

I realized my pathetic list of only 10 platinum's is pretty shameful in itself since only 3 of them actually took any kind of effort on my part since I usually quit anything that actually takes any time or effort.

But my most shameful out of these would probably be Undertale due to the humiliating way you earn it walking back and forth into that bloody Dog Shrine over and over again one coin at a time just to get lame common platinum everyone already has just felt like I was being given a middle finger by the creator.

I kind of wish I could undo it.

Edited by Tusked-Lattice
  • Like 1

None that I could think of although if I had done it I probably would say My Name is Mayo, but that game will never be on my PSN account.
Kind of wish I could change orders to a few of my platinum trophies though like not having puss in boots as my 20th platinum and put Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD there instead or something or have Okami be my first platinum instead of Jurassic the Hunted, but Okami wasn't out at the time.
 And as for visual novels I might have a few on my platinum trophy list at some point in time, but only getting ones that I would probably be interested in.

My Name is Mayo is probably the one I'm most 'ashamed of', I got it suggested to me by my brother, it was cheap so I downloaded it... he watched my face in horror when after 30 mins or so I got my 50th Platinum... all the other Platinums I have I must say I am pretty proud of... though I've noticed that as I play more 'easy games' to Platinum, the more unsolicited requests for 'share play' I get... which to be honest I did not think was possible!  One person even asked me if I could play and beet Squareboy vs Bullies for them... no harm in asking I suppose...just odd

I can think of two...

• The first is that Lego Movie game I got for free with my Vita. I can't pass up a free plat, & I didn't really mind having it on my account, however I didn't want one of it's trophies as a milestone (1500th trophy). ?
  • The second is Final Fantasy XV, this mainly stems from my hatred of it (crappy battle system/story, insult to the series, etc...). It's also the game with the worst completion rate on my account, & knowing how much I... "enjoyed" the game, I'm not about to waste my money on it's DLC. :shakefist: 

To me it's all about the game itself, if the game is horrible then it would be a shame to have it on the list. For me that's Energy Cycle...a crappy game with an obvious exploit integrated for trophy hunters.

4 hours ago, Tusked-Lattice said:

But my most shameful out of these would probably be Undertale

Games like Undertale might not have a great trophy list but the game itself is outstanding :)

That being said, I absolutely loved My Name is Mayo - it's the first game that I've seen to be so bold and...well...actually made me smile with its silly art and general idea.

Edited by Skadoki

Energy Invasion, because it's fucking dreadful. I have some other bad games on my list [Last Rebellion], but I actually had interest in them.

I didn't think a brick attack game would be a horrible waste of my time, but it was. And I regret the 2 hours and change I lost on it.

Edited by Elvick_

• 4 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, iamjax said:

None, really and I have My Name is Mayo. I don't really aim to boost my platinum count for the sake of leaderboards or approval from others at how many URs I can rack up, and it's really my own journey I'm on.

(though, I would hardly call Undertale a shameful platinum, since the trophy list might be piss easy but at least the game was fairly good... maybe you don't feel the same).

You didn't feel ashamed walking back forth looking at this fuck face dog slowly paying for your trophy one coin at a time? 

DHm9cuTXgAEHP9v-555x312.jpg

Saying that I would personally feel ashamed playing Mayo.

Edited by Tusked-Lattice
  • Like 3

Just now, Tusked-Lattice said:

You didn't feel ashamed walking back forth looking at this fuck face dog slowly paying for your trophy one coin at a time? 

Saying that I would personally feel ashamed playing Mayo.

DHm9cuTXgAEHP9v-555x312.jpg

A means to an end, I suppose. Not a great trophy list, and i'm not defending it, but I don't think that was the point of the game overall considering it pops well before you even finish the game (though, thanks Toby for the free trophies, I guess).

But no, I don't put any weight into what random people think of my trophy collection, so indeed i can full heartedly say "I don't feel ashamed of My Name is Mayo" (I actually thought the game was kind of funny, to be honest). It's actually comes up as a conversation piece towards the few gamers I do know in real life, and we laugh about it. It's really just collecting clipart in the end.

None, really. I don't actively make an effort to get easy platinums, I usually just play and try to 100% games I enjoy/think are worth the time. However, I do have the Mayo platinum, but I genuinely thought the game was pretty entertaining. And I'm not sure I'm going to even bother with the Vita version of it either.

Edited by ManaFear