Platinum you are most ashamed of?

Tusked-Lattice

My Nier: Automata Platinum trophy. The game actually gave you the option to buy the trophies and I regrettably chose to buy the remaining few I didn't get. I feel ashamed for caving in, but at the same time I had already put 60+ hours into the game. I felt like I had done everything there was to do besides grind for new weapons.

• Like 2

On 08/03/2018 at 2:39 PM, Super Sand Virginia said:

None, I play what I like.

I mean that's what people do around here, right? Play games they would enjoy. I mean who would play a bad game just for a plat? ?

Maybe someone who feels ashamed about it, actually? ;-)

• Like 1

On 10/02/2018 at 10:20 AM, Raido said:

Orc Slayer is top spot for me so far. 

The frames tho...

Orc Slayer for me too. I'm not judging other people's lists but I can judge mine. Pathetic game with a pathetic platinum. Plus the frame-rate gave me a banging headache for a few hours after. Avoid like a worm-ridden McDonalds burger.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ManifestDestinee said:

Orc Slayer for me too. I'm not judging other people's lists but I can judge mine. Pathetic game with a pathetic platinum. Plus the frame-rate gave me a banging headache for a few hours after. Avoid like a worm-ridden McDonalds burger.

... covered in arse muck.

Got it for a site event for the quick plat. Just awful. Those random exploding pigs, frame rate, broken controls, horrendous graphics. I think the credits lasted about 20 seconds and was the same 3 lads’ names for all of it. Played some ass in my time but this one tops the lot

• Like 1

The Lego Movie Game. I hadn't played a Lego game since Lego Batman (as a kid), and figured it'd probably be worth the few dollars I got it for.

It wasn't an awful game, but it definitely didn't convince me that Lego games are better with voice acting. I guess I'm not so much ashamed of myself for playing it so much as worried about people assuming I bought it for the sake of the platinum. 

The closest second would be Bioshock. I used the exploit to pop the trophy for hard on normal. That being said, the enemies were already absurdly tanky on normal, and I don't think I would have enjoyed the game any more for them being even harder to kill, so I don't regret the choice as much as I should.

• 5 months later...

The only thing I'm ashamed of is using a guide before I even have a chance to enjoy a game for what it is. I usually do this for the easy under-an-hour platinums, but since I'm paying money for them, I think I should actually put effort into at least enjoying them, not treating them like a job or chore to check off a list.

I used to say hannah montana but now shes hot AF and wouldnt mind drilling her out

so i would probably say barbie and her sisters puppy rescue or probably even monster high: new ghoul in school

just because im a 34 going on 35 year old man who has a few children platinums, its cringe worthy but whatever, a plat is still a plat at the end of the day lol

Edited by Property_Damage

On 3/10/2018 at 0:48 AM, EAGLEIYZ said:

My Nier: Automata Platinum trophy. The game actually gave you the option to buy the trophies and I regrettably chose to buy the remaining few I didn't get. I feel ashamed for caving in, but at the same time I had already put 60+ hours into the game. I felt like I had done everything there was to do besides grind for new weapons.

If the grinding in Automata was as annoying as it was in the original Nier, you made a great decision.

Anyway, my most shameful plat is probably Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, pt. 1. I thoroughly hated that game, and yet played through it TWO MORE TIMES, solely for a plat. It might the worst game I've ever played.

• 2 months later...

I Have to say that although I have a lot of "easy" plats I did enjoy all of them (I have a weird love-hate relationship with Artifex Mundi hidden object games and the Lego games) so I can't say I'm ashamed of them.

Even My name is mayo has managed to entertain me for the hour or so it took me to plat it.

But if there is a plat that I'm a bit ashamed of it will be Bioshock where I used the difficulty glitch in order to plat the game in one run, I had a lot of backlog and I really hate doing multiple runs if it is just for the sake of a difficulty trophy.

Edited by jon88_il

I don't have many platinums, only a mere 15 of them and out of those there is only one trophy that could be considered shameful, the one from Burly Men At Sea. Any monkey with half a brain can unlock that one, but I am still not really ashamed of it because I only got that game as it was free on psplus. Not getting a game for free because the platinum of it could be considered too easy would be pure stupidity, I could only see it making sense for people who have the ambition to only get ultra rare platinums. Still, as the easiest and fastest platinum I have, this is as close as I get to feeling shameful about a platinum so far.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't really have any platinums that I'm ashamed of, but if I have to pick one I'd have to say The Wardrobe. I loved it until the ending. The ending sucked so bad in that game, but it was a extremely easy platinum to get though. 

Edited by FireFoxie

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, pt. 1. Although I have a lot of easy, "shameful" plats, I mostly enjoyed them. Hannah Montana? Magus? Even Orc Slayer provided some enjoyment.

But Harry Potter was a different monster altogether. That game sucked from the getgo, and I am ashamed that I played it through 3 separate times, simply because I didn't want the stain of an incomplete Harry Potter on my trophy card.

I'm not ashamed about any trophy that I got and I never will I think...

But I kind of regret having obtained some of them, because it was a waste of time since I dont really liked the games and I did it only for my completion...

It happened for 3 games so far, because I usually chose carefully my games. That was for Resident Evil 6, Far Cry Primal, and Call of Duty WWII.