Why is this platinum so rare?

Yrva

This platinum would be quite easy if it wasn't for all the game breaking bugs. I had a lot of glitch playing this game and some glitch were so bad that I couldn't even access certain levels or things like that. I'm sure I'm not the only one that encountered this kind of bugs/glitchs; and even if I'm not counting these bugs, this game was a huge disappointment for me considering how much I love the LBP series, in my opinion this game doesn't even deserve to be named LittleBigPlanet and I really hope the developpers fixed their game. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, itachi-destroyer said:

This platinum would be quite easy if it wasn't for all the game breaking bugs. I had a lot of glitch playing this game and some glitch were so bad that I couldn't even access certain levels or things like that. I'm sure I'm not the only one that encountered this kind of bugs/glitchs; and even if I'm not counting these bugs, this game was a huge disappointment for me considering how much I love the LBP series, in my opinion this game doesn't even deserve to be named LittleBigPlanet and I really hope the developpers fixed their game. 

I think when I first played it I had one of those level access bugs, do you know how you fixed them? Just for future reference in case I get any of these bugs.

24 minutes ago, McJacs2 said:

The game was also free on PS+ which brings down the rarity given the larger player base not playing it to completion.

This is a big part of it. Also it is a "kids" game so a lot of parents would buy it for their children who would probably not plat it.

Finally the Co-Op is very glitchy if you don't do it right.

I haven't even been able to get into the 4 player level  since they don't let you matchmake until you unlock a level, and you need to have four players to do that. I do finally have four controllers, but one is for my second PS4, the other for my PC. So that's  a pain.

I can't be arsed to deal with it. Took me years to finally finish LBP1 and LBP2 as well. And still have LBP Vita to do.

3 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

I haven't even been able to get into the 4 player level  since they don't let you matchmake until you unlock a level, and you need to have four players to do that. I do finally have four controllers, but one is for my second PS4, the other for my PC. So that's  a pain.

I can't be arsed to deal with it. Took me years to finally finish LBP1 and LBP2 as well. And still have LBP Vita to do.

Which 4 controller level? Which trophy requires 4 players besides the Quest one?

8 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

This is a big part of it. Also it is a "kids" game so a lot of parents would buy it for their children who would probably not plat it.

That's true for normal PSN rarity but on PSNP rarity is only measured for members.. and most members on here go for trophies. The average casual gamer doesn't affect the rarity on here.

the game is buggy as hell, even after it was patched over and over, I don't know maybe the ps4 version is better now? cause I'm trying to Plat the game again for my brother on the ps3 and even after been patched it's still is buggy as ever, I mean the frame rate is still goes nosedive to 10FPS whin filling your moon with busy stuff like those sack bots ( funny how this also happen on the ps4 version too ), story mode overall still say I have done it to 97% or 98% even though I just 100% everything on it even the useless stuff toward trophies related.

so I assume the rarity on ps4 is based on two things.

1- due to the bad reception it gained from these bugs since launch which still hunt the game.

2- the game just like the previous one's require you to have four dualshock 4 controller for the platinum if you want to go solo and unlike the ps3, the ps4 don't accept ps1, 2 or 3 controllers, but there's this one stupid level " lights, camera, action " that might gonna give you a hard time, you can still do it solo with four controller but it's kinda very complicated if you wanna do it before the timer runs out. you can do it online that if the online works well ( the time I was trying it online the game is just went haywire )

29 minutes ago, Yoey_666 said:

I platinumed this game with my wife near the release and we got no problem at all. Sad to hear that such a cool franchise gets kinda fucked up afterwards.

it's not made by Mm, not to mention that Sony rushed it out to meat the holidays sales.

9 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

This platnium is kinda hard for a kids game , I mean acing all levels is hard not many kids can do that.

• Like 1

I have no idea - it was fun, easier than the first 2 games to ace, and I don’t recall and bugs or glitches, so they can’t have been any univeral issues...

But PS+ brings a lot of non-hunter people to a game though, especially a family-friendly game.

2 hours ago, ItsMeZack16 said:

This game is pure shit.  I tried to platinum it but I just couldn’t because of all the glitchiness that I had encountered. Shame that Sony will probably never patch this game. 

They patched it countless times. Had you played it in it's original state... boy-o-boy, you wouldn't have believed your eyes.

Edited by Swifty-Joker
  • Like 1

Bought it and played it at launch. First 2 were hard but great games. This was hard due to bugs and glitches.  Had a my data corrupted and wiped several times.

Still I think the fact that you need 4 controllers and more than 1 actual person due to the co-op levels is what makes this such a rare plat

Edited by diskdocx

LBP is known to be good, LBP3 is shit, and it has been PS+, and the trophies are very requiring, and the game can glitch. I had to play through all levels like 4 times to get the plat. Aced them all twice. Ended up with like way more than 100% complete.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
9 minutes ago, tjoe1bkhjtqxm said:

Is there any Co-Op or online trophies?

Yes, you need to complete all levels with at least 1 additional player and one particular level with 4 players, either offline or online. So having 4 controllers/3 boosting people is very helpful.

Edited by Spinosaurus Rex
  • Like 1