The Australian Trophy League 2018 - 2018 SEASON COMPELTE!

32 minutes ago, fisty123 said:

All the leaderboard THL details can be found here - https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/trophy-hunters-league/327499-thl-9-0-leaderboards-about-nothing.html

I thought you were leaving hell you left this comp yet you keep posting here like you fit right in. Yet you call them all Muppets if they are Muppets then why do you keep posting here? Are you lonely? Do you need a hug? You always seem to post when Demon--Prototype makes a comment I get you two want to hold hands and skip around together but you were the one that walked out on this comp... Twice even if you want to call us all Muppets or say I'm full of shit do it elsewhere because comments like that are not needed here.

Thanks for posting, I just glanced through I only recognise a handful of the names are they all on here or are most of them banned. I will have a look at it tomorrow properly. I do appreciate it though thanks,

As for posting here well why not, I paid my $80 I might as well get some value. Of course you could get the host to post it to charity, it would be the first time anyone in this league has done something for someone other than themselves. 

Edit : Infact Fisty I can imagine what that run of trophies cost you last month. Why don't you match me $ for $ in my giveaway to PSNprofilers till December, it will be a drop in the ocean compared to what you paid and it will clearly put me in my place. And who knows you might get off half price cause you try to finish your games.

Edited by cjshaitan

29 minutes ago, cjshaitan said:

Edit : Infact Fisty I can imagine what that run of trophies cost you last month. Why don't you match me $ for $ in my giveaway to PSNprofilers till December, it will be a drop in the ocean compared to what you paid and it will clearly put me in my place. And who knows you might get off half price cause you try to finish your games.

Besides the new release games most of the others I already owned from pervious events - see THL 8 over there or the olympic event here just to name a couple so I only spent around $200 - $250
. I dontated to this event and all the Vita VN's I did over the past month are all going to @Nitro for free (I no longer need them), I have a couple more I never did so he can take them as well when I see him next or I can post them to him which again I already owned them from my eariler VN days or trophy comps.

As for donate to gaming sites or members I dontate to both PST and Imports - PST every month and Imports every couple of months, This site does not have a donate section, I have thought about giving away credit and codes here but I am not active enough to know the core fanbase on this site.

EDIT: Sorry add a bit more money spent on games like fruit racing and Mega Man as these were games I wanted to play not for the comp so I took these off the total.

Edited by fisty123
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, fisty123 said:

Besides the new release games most of the others I already owned from pervious events - see THL 8 over there or the olympic event here just to name a couple so I only spent around $200 - $250
. I dontated to this event and all the Vita VN's I did over the past month are all going to @Nitro for free (I no longer need them), I have a couple more I never did so he can take them as well when I see him next or I can post them to him which again I already owned them from my eariler VN days or trophy comps.

As for donate to gaming sites or members I dontate to both PST and Imports - PST every month and Imports every couple of months, This site does not have a donate section, I have thought about giving away credit and codes here but I am not active enough to know the core fanbase on this site.

Your right, I am not going to apologise for pushing I just wanted to make sure. I might go down as a prick, but at least I was a prick that did something. Funny how quickly the exit approaches though, I didn't even see it. Goodluck.

8 minutes ago, cjshaitan said:

Your right, I am not going to apologise for pushing I just wanted to make sure. I might go down as a prick, but at least I was a prick that did something. Funny how quickly the exit approaches though, I didn't even see it. Goodluck.

Perhaps I can start giving away some of these games I brought but know I will never get around to playing them hmmm might give it a thought.
Never looked into it but are you quiting the game life or just a move to Steam / Xbox? or Sony but not on forums.

Edited by fisty123

2 minutes ago, fisty123 said:

Perhaps I can start giving away some of these games I brought but know I will never get around to playing them hmmm might give it a thought.
Never looked into it but are you quiting the game life or just a move to Steam / Xbox? or Sony but not on forums.

I already started giving them away, It feels good man. Best of luck in your hunting.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So as good as Batman: Arkham Knight is... I can't bring myself to collect all 243 of the riddler collectibles or however many there are - there is a lot! I am pretty close to the plat and it is a backlog game; maybe I'll come back to it next month and see if I can bring myself to get them all.

I have changed it up a bit and started another backlog game, Battlefield Bad Company 2. Man, I wish I never waited so long to play this. The campaign is great and the online is heaps of fun too - and its still got people playing it even though the game is 8 years old. I suppose that shows how good the game is.

Apart from that, I have been trying out some of PS+ vita games for something different to do. King Oddball is interesting. I've been told Tennis in the face by the same developer is also quite good.

Whats everyone else been playing?

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, adam1984123 said:

Struggling to keep a long gaming session this month been reading a few visual novels instead but playing a mix of Shining Resonance Refrain and Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars.
I am however looking forward to the release of Dog Gone Golfing because it looks like a bit of fun and could be played in shorter sessions.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, adam1984123 said:

I played through Telltale's Batman last week and really enjoyed it. I encountered a few technical faults (it wouldn't be a Telltale game without them), but I liked it. I think it might be my fourth favourite Telltale game behind The Walking Dead S1, The Wolf Among Us and The Walking Dead S2.

I also finished up the remaining single-player trophies in Rayman Legends, now I've just got ~2 months of daily challenges to do to get the plat.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Crestfallen said:

I played through Telltale's Batman last week and really enjoyed it. I encountered a few technical faults (it wouldn't be a Telltale game without them), but I liked it. I think it might be my fourth favourite Telltale game behind The Walking Dead S1, The Wolf Among Us and The Walking Dead S2.

I also finished up the remaining single-player trophies in Rayman Legends, now I've just got ~2 months of daily challenges to do to get the plat.

I could never get into the telltale games. I always found them boring as there isn't much to do in them at all. Good for trophies though I suppose. 

I think I only ever played the walking dead. 

4 hours ago, adam1984123 said:

So as good as Batman: Arkham Knight is... I can't bring myself to collect all 243 of the riddler collectibles or however many there are - there is a lot! I am pretty close to the plat and it is a backlog game; maybe I'll come back to it next month and see if I can bring myself to get them all.

I have changed it up a bit and started another backlog game, Battlefield Bad Company 2. Man, I wish I never waited so long to play this. The campaign is great and the online is heaps of fun too - and its still got people playing it even though the game is 8 years old. I suppose that shows how good the game is.

Apart from that, I have been trying out some of PS+ vita games for something different to do. King Oddball is interesting. I've been told Tennis in the face by the same developer is also quite good.

Mate one of the best things to do is chuck some music or a podcast on and go through ridiculous amounts of collectibles.

My gaming is fairly average currently, getting closer and closer to the Fallout Shelter Plat. Been playing Fallout 3 on the XB1 for a bit now and almost completely done everything in the main game and completed 1/5 of the dlc's, hit the level cap the other night and it's  already getting a bit boring finishing it off with no rewards now so might shelf it soon and start one of the other 100+ games I can play on it. Also bought God of War the other day on sale so might rope myself into that, have heard good things.

Also purchased a PC build last week so should be picking up the finished product sometime this week, then comes a few days or so of installing the 900 games I have on Steam :0

Not sure what I'm going to do with myself once that happens, considering I've been spending most of my free time after work fiddling with my guitar haha.

Hope everyone else is doing well!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, adam1984123 said:

I could never get into the telltale games. I always found them boring as there isn't much to do in them at all. Good for trophies though I suppose. 

I think I only ever played the walking dead. 

I can understand that. I bought The Walking Dead S1 and The Wolf Among Us, but these days I just wait for them to be given out through PS+. ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spazza136 said:

Mate one of the best things to do is chuck some music or a podcast on and go through ridiculous amounts of collectibles.

My gaming is fairly average currently, getting closer and closer to the Fallout Shelter Plat. Been playing Fallout 3 on the XB1 for a bit now and almost completely done everything in the main game and completed 1/5 of the dlc's, hit the level cap the other night and it's  already getting a bit boring finishing it off with no rewards now so might shelf it soon and start one of the other 100+ games I can play on it. Also bought God of War the other day on sale so might rope myself into that, have heard good things.

Also purchased a PC build last week so should be picking up the finished product sometime this week, then comes a few days or so of installing the 900 games I have on Steam :0

Not sure what I'm going to do with myself once that happens, considering I've been spending most of my free time after work fiddling with my guitar haha.

Hope everyone else is doing well!

Sounds like you are making the jump away from Sony as well? That's a butt load of games.

I've always meant to go back to fallout 3 one day. I say that... But there are heaps of games I still have but will probably never get to. 

1 hour ago, Crestfallen said:

I can understand that. I bought The Walking Dead S1 and The Wolf Among Us, but these days I just wait for them to be given out through PS+. 1f604.png

I bought them on sale too and I think game of thrones was a part of that bundle or deal at the time. I got them for the easy plats I think and then after playing the walking dead I never bothered with the others lol. 

4 hours ago, Dessane said:

I've been dragged back into WoW by a few mates and my brother, so no trophies for a while from me probably

I think there is a new warcraft coming out soon isn't there? I saw an ad or something recently for it from memory. 

WoW certainly has stood the test of time as MMORPG... It must be 15 years old now. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, adam1984123 said:

I think there is a new warcraft coming out soon isn't there? I saw an ad or something recently for it from memory. 

WoW certainly has stood the test of time as MMORPG... It must be 15 years old now. 

Yeah the new expansion came out last night, it's been fun, just haven't had a lot of time to play it yet with work

• Like 1

21 hours ago, adam1984123 said:

Sounds like you are making the jump away from Sony as well? That's a butt load of games.

I've always meant to go back to fallout 3 one day. I say that... But there are heaps of games I still have but will probably never get to. 

Definitely not turning my back on Playstation, just trying out a bit of everything. 

Fallout is a great franchise to get lost in, I'm looking forward to restarting New Vegas again soon because I've never played the dlc's for it so that should be new and fun for me. Tell me about it with the not getting around to games, I'm a lot better at buying them than I am at playing them that's for sure.

• Like 2

@MattyH16 Happy Birthday Big M!

Sorry for overtaking you on the real leaderboard mate, the fake leaderboard is where its at anyway lol

@adam1984123 Glad you enjoyed Batman and hopefully it will suck you back in to get the plat (The collectibles aren't too bad) I've never played a battlefield but iv heard good things about them. 

I have no idea what i play anymore these days man, some weird Japanese BS with no guides but thankfully @readytofuky provided some info on the trophies, thanks dude! Oh and props on starting your first street fighter adventure, 'SF x Tekken' is the most forgiving out of the bunch so hopefully you wont smash too many controllers... You using a stick? 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, MattyH16 said:

HALF-TIME MONTHLY UPDATE:

PERSONAL CHALLENGES:

1: Have my total trophy count at or above 13000 (EASY) Currently 12801/13000

2: Increase my completion rate to 84% and maintain it (MEDIUM) Currently 84.20% COMPLETE

3: Increase my GOLD trophy count to 1600 (EASY) Currently 1797/1600 COMPLETE

4: Decrease my unearned trophy count to 2600 and maintain it (HARD) Currently 2760

5: Earn 50 platinum trophies this year (MEDIUM) Currently 70/50 COMPLETE

COMPETITION CHALLENGES:

1: Complete all 10 of my nominated backlog games (EXTREME) Currently 2/10

2: Finish in the Top 3 at the end of the event (EXTREME) Currently N/A

3: Place 1st in each category once (HARD) Currently 0/3

BACKLOG GAMES STATS:

(PS4) Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - 61/61 (100%) COMPLETE

(PS4) Broken Age - 0/45 (0%) INCOMPLETE

(PS4) Final Fantasy XIV - 39/39 (100%) COMPLETE

(PS4) Just Cause 3 - 5/67 (4%) INCOMPLETE

(PS3) Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons Of Liberty - 0/46 (0%) INCOMPLETE

(PS3) Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater - 0/46 (0%) INCOMPLETE

(PS3) Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns Of The Patriots - 0/34 (0%) INCOMPLETE

(PS3) Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker - 0/50 (0%) INCOMPLETE

(PS4) Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain - 0/43 (0%) INCOMPLETE

(PS3) Thief - 1/38 (1%) INCOMPLETE

Here we are with another half time update and how different it is compared to July, where I was pleased to record a personal best of 30 platinums in a month! Unfortunately, that hasn't been the case so far for August, with my platinum count still on 0 (Thanks a lot Witcher 3...), however I'm pleased to say that so far, The Witcher 3 has been everything I'd hoped it would be and then some. I don't want to ruin anything for those who haven't played it yet so just briefly, I've completed the main story in the main game and I'm working on the main story in the Blood & Wine expansion. Other devs/publishers should take note, THIS is how you do DLC. The Witcher 3 deserves all the praise that comes its way.

I've been slowly chipping away at Black Ops 3 still with @adam1984123 and @readytofuky, we'd probably be finished the main story by now if I hadn't been so firmly hooked on Witcher 3. I'm getting there guys, I should almost definitely be done before the end of the month. The fixation is real. All else I've really made any progress in is No Man's Sky. I've finally finished the Path Finder expansion trophies all thanks to a couple of very kind and generous PSNP members. All I have left is to complete the discover animals trophies for the platinum and 100% so I'm looking forward to that. It's always a good feeling to finally knock off a game that's been sitting in the backlog for a while. The rise in my completion rate is also very pleasing.

It has been interesting to see a few people kick it up into a higher gear lately, especially @damage_6-9, making the rest of us look slack! I have mixed feelings when I say congrats to @Demon--Prototypefor overtaking me on the overall AU leaderboard (The REAL Leaderboard 1f606.png), I'm not sure whether to curse you out or cheer you on. Keep it up mate, it's incredible to see someone rise so high by playing on only one format.

On a final note, Happy Birthday to me 1f382.png1f382.png. No birthday platinum this year sadly, but should still be a good day. Might even end up with a game or 3 by days end.

Keep up the trophies guys, good luck to you all :platinum:

Happy birthday mate. 

Did you end up scoring any games for your birthday? 

I finally took the plunge and upgraded my internet to nbn. Ps4 speed test was 46.7 down and 6.7 up which is a significant improvement over the adsl 2+ speed. I'm waiting to see if telstra can give me the premium speed of 100/80... Apparently it takes a month of being connected to see if your connection can get those speeds. 

Edited by adam1984123
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, MattyH16 said:

HALF-TIME MONTHLY UPDATE:

PERSONAL CHALLENGES:

1: Have my total trophy count at or above 13000 (EASY) Currently 12801/13000

2: Increase my completion rate to 84% and maintain it (MEDIUM) Currently 84.20% COMPLETE

3: Increase my GOLD trophy count to 1600 (EASY) Currently 1797/1600 COMPLETE

4: Decrease my unearned trophy count to 2600 and maintain it (HARD) Currently 2760

5: Earn 50 platinum trophies this year (MEDIUM) Currently 70/50 COMPLETE

COMPETITION CHALLENGES:

1: Complete all 10 of my nominated backlog games (EXTREME) Currently 2/10

2: Finish in the Top 3 at the end of the event (EXTREME) Currently N/A

3: Place 1st in each category once (HARD) Currently 0/3

BACKLOG GAMES STATS:

(PS4) Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - 61/61 (100%) COMPLETE

(PS4) Broken Age - 0/45 (0%) INCOMPLETE

(PS4) Final Fantasy XIV - 39/39 (100%) COMPLETE

(PS4) Just Cause 3 - 5/67 (4%) INCOMPLETE

(PS3) Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons Of Liberty - 0/46 (0%) INCOMPLETE

(PS3) Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater - 0/46 (0%) INCOMPLETE

(PS3) Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns Of The Patriots - 0/34 (0%) INCOMPLETE

(PS3) Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker - 0/50 (0%) INCOMPLETE

(PS4) Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain - 0/43 (0%) INCOMPLETE

(PS3) Thief - 1/38 (1%) INCOMPLETE

Here we are with another half time update and how different it is compared to July, where I was pleased to record a personal best of 30 platinums in a month! Unfortunately, that hasn't been the case so far for August, with my platinum count still on 0 (Thanks a lot Witcher 3...), however I'm pleased to say that so far, The Witcher 3 has been everything I'd hoped it would be and then some. I don't want to ruin anything for those who haven't played it yet so just briefly, I've completed the main story in the main game and I'm working on the main story in the Blood & Wine expansion. Other devs/publishers should take note, THIS is how you do DLC. The Witcher 3 deserves all the praise that comes its way.

I've been slowly chipping away at Black Ops 3 still with @adam1984123 and @readytofuky, we'd probably be finished the main story by now if I hadn't been so firmly hooked on Witcher 3. I'm getting there guys, I should almost definitely be done before the end of the month. The fixation is real. All else I've really made any progress in is No Man's Sky. I've finally finished the Path Finder expansion trophies all thanks to a couple of very kind and generous PSNP members. All I have left is to complete the discover animals trophies for the platinum and 100% so I'm looking forward to that. It's always a good feeling to finally knock off a game that's been sitting in the backlog for a while. The rise in my completion rate is also very pleasing.

It has been interesting to see a few people kick it up into a higher gear lately, especially @damage_6-9, making the rest of us look slack! I have mixed feelings when I say congrats to @Demon--Prototypefor overtaking me on the overall AU leaderboard (The REAL Leaderboard 1f606.png), I'm not sure whether to curse you out or cheer you on. Keep it up mate, it's incredible to see someone rise so high by playing on only one format.

On a final note, Happy Birthday to me 1f382.png1f382.png. No birthday platinum this year sadly, but should still be a good day. Might even end up with a game or 3 by days end.

Keep up the trophies guys, good luck to you all :platinum:

Happy Birthday mate ??, hope it's  been a good one.

Have hit a wall now, trying to decide which plat to use for my 10,000 milestone...

• Like 1

Thank you to all for the birthday wishes. Did all right today, the wife got me L.A. Noire on PS4, my folks got me a decent gaming headset and I got a bit of cash to spend on a game. I'm considering getting We Happy Few. Hoping for a sale soon, then I can get 2 games for the price of 1!

• Like 3

Damn I dunno about this month, motivation has been coming & going. Spent the first week playing a guideless import Vita title (Sengoku Otome Legend Battle) which is all easy street except for one single boss fight that took a lot of goes to beat. I ended up getting some great helpful advice from the person who beat me to first Australian on the leaderboard which was awesome. Just a grind left to get that platinum.

I've purchased about 17 games in the last couple of weeks (too many things of interest went on sale) and so far have played a whopping 3 of them (albeit twice each). Riddled Corpses EX is a fantastic twin stick shooter. It's a bit grindy but it looks, sounds & plays really well. Nice rapid fire weapons, no bullshit reloading or stupid crap like that just nonstop shooting & dodging action. Vita version plays extremely well & even looks a bit nicer thanks to the lower resolution. Some great trophy names too. The platinum is called 'hardcore gamer' but I'm gonna take the trophy 'Nothing Special' for my 11,000 Milestone.

Stacked Tetra's Escape but yeah I dunno, it's definitely not the best thing I've seen done with Tetronimos. 

Also been playing that word search game with my gf. The coop is really nice just makes things get done so much faster but we're a bit bummed out by how many repeating words there are.

Oh I waited & waited for a discount on the Persona Dancing Vita Twin Pack & that discount finally happened at amiami for 8800Y so I grabbed that without hesitation & now my Vita imports collection is pretty much complete again, as far as my want list with that goes.

Looking towards the end of the month I just happen to have most of the week off when Yakuza Kiwami 2 releases so I'm looking foward to having no life whatsoever when that comes out.

On 16/08/2018 at 3:31 AM, MattyH16 said:

No worries I will be up for it when it happens. Can't give you shit about being sucked into an RPG I'm gonna be in that position for a lot of next month no doubt. In the meantime nice going on the NMS progress & happy birthday!

23 hours ago, Demon--Prototype said:

I have no idea what i play anymore these days man, some weird Japanese BS with no guides but thankfully @readytofuky provided some info on the trophies, thanks dude! Oh and props on starting your first street fighter adventure, 'SF x Tekken' is the most forgiving out of the bunch so hopefully you wont smash too many controllers... You using a stick? 

Guideless Japanese titles are one of my favourite things to go for by far, I'm always happy to at least try to help with anything I have done. Sometimes the old memory is a bit spotty. I've done most of those Senran games as Japanese versions & the only thing I ever remember is to use the nudie mode at the start of the stage to get things done faster. ReNewal is a good one to do though, the third person shooter one is cool as well but the others are a horrible grind. Vita version of Shinovi Versus had some stages that were just a boss & it would take 10 times longer to skip cutscenes & load the stage then it would to beat it. The mental distress was immeasurable.

Nice going on Mahou & Cruisinmix, those are some pretty cool old shooters for certain!

I only have a few missions left in SFxT & they seem doable but I have a process of stopping before getting angry & I keep nearly beating the missions then get distracted for a sec & all that good work goes down the drain. Even if I beat those missions tomorrow I probably don't have the time to do the grind part so I'm probably gonna have to take the L for points this month :(

If I didn't spend most of 1996-2006 playing fighters I'd have a lot more motivation but because of the burnout factor the impulse to play them comes & goes very quickly & it's quite hard for me to grind out trophies in these games because I've always primarily had them for local multiplayer & the trophies are always a ton of single player. Excuses excuses ay.

I did have a HRAP3 which was very nice but I knocked a beer over one day, onto the stick & ruined the buttons. I do have a shitty smaller stick & USB Saturn & Neo Geo pads but I've just been using a red dualshock 3 which works but after an hour my thumb is the same colour as the controller.

• Like 3

Thanks to @damage_6-9 who helped me boost some demolition man kills on battlefield bad company 2 over the weekend. It had allowed me to complete another backlog game! I think I might have 1 more in me before the comp ends. Unfortunately the last 3 games I've picked are far too long to complete during the comp. And the fact that I want to play GTA IV at the moment. ?

• Like 2

I've done it. I've finally done it! After 5 weeks of chipping away, I've at last notched up my #300th platinum with The Witcher 3. A great deal of fun with an excellent story and characters you actually care about (except Yennefer). An incredible game, a must play and a worthy milestone. I'm really proud of it and wanted to share it here ?

@adam1984123 Might try to finish off No Man's Sky next, only 2 trophies remaining there.

@Knightmare_1985 very generous of you, always love seeing people get behind and support the event!

Edited by MattyH16
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, MattyH16 said:

I've done it. I've finally done it! After 5 weeks of chipping away, I've at last notched up my #300th platinum with The Witcher 3. A great deal of fun with an excellent story and characters you actually care about (except Yennefer). An incredible game, a must play and a worthy milestone. I'm really proud of it and wanted to share it here 1f60a.png

Nice job mate. What's on the cards next? 

• Like 1