The Australian Trophy League 2018 - 2018 SEASON COMPELTE!

23 hours ago, Demon--Prototype said:

10/10 Backlogs complete

ConPLATulations are in order. Well done mate 

:platinum::platinum::platinum::platinum::platinum::platinum::platinum::platinum::platinum::platinum:

I didn't think anyone would actually claim the prize put up by @Gibbo_0113

22 hours ago, CrestfallenV said:

Congrats. I've still got a good 35-40 hours to go before I plat Final Fantasy XIII.

I must get around to finishing FF XIII myself. I have to start from scratch though ?

Congrats to you as well. It came down to the final game though, you should be proud of your efforts.

I look forward to watching you two backlog juggernauts facing off again next year!

Edited by MattyH16
  • Like 3

Well the last four weeks has been pretty good for me & the world in general as a wealth of new Librans were born. As of yesterday though the hellish, humid & hot days are coming back as a kind of omen for a new wave of anxiety & dread as we move into Scorpio production. 

I'm feeling despondent after completing my ultra rare for the month. It was one of the best games I've ever played. I've got some games to play for trophies but I'm having issues deciding on something more substantial to get into. That got me thinking about the irony of that Telltale debacle. I've never even been slightly interested in those VN type things they do but they were going to publish an Australian made game "Stranded Deep" that looked so fucken good I would have paid full digital price & played even if it was a non-platinum list. Anyway that was supposed to come out this month & now it's in limbo. In the ps2 days if I was ever interested in a game there was a 70% chance of delay, no joke it just always happened that way. I guess if I think about that it takes the edge off, but I hope someone picks up Stranded Deep sooner rather than later.

On 18/10/2018 at 11:49 PM, cjshaitan said:

To Ready you are perhaps the craziest motherfucker I have meet on here I don’t know if it is for real or not but I hope so. I have this image of us meeting one day pissed as monkeys in Shibuya. I will be the 40 something trying to pull off a Noctis ....I am scared to think what you will be cos playing.

Unfortunately it's pretty real, some of my family are so much worse. I got lucky and ended up with one of the 3 (from 7) semi-sane silblings as a parent & the other side of the family is pretty normal so I can control it to some extent. I've always had a strong affinity for when the mundane meets the surreal though & hopefully I can provide some of that vibe occasionally.

Anyway yeah man, Shinjuku Golden Gai sounds good & I'm sure you meant to say crossplay which is fine, I'm pretty open minded. You're right to be concerned though, even being a basic bitch anime fan these days who mostly just watches JoJo's and a few other things at most, I still have a thing for Momiji from Binbougami Ga!, The author from Dog & Scissors and various Yandere characters from different shows. I think Momiji is the go, I'm tall & thin so I just need a blonde wig & giant bandage/syringe. Shouldn't be too hard to put it all together :)

On 20/10/2018 at 8:44 PM, Demon--Prototype said:

10/10 Backlogs complete

Bloody well done mate!!! Looks like you're well on the way to being 'free' as well which has got to be a bit of a relief!

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, readytofuky said:

As of yesterday though the hellish, humid & hot days are coming back as a kind of omen for a new wave of anxiety & dread as we move into Scorpio production. 

The Scorpio production is the best thing about this time of year. 

• Like 2

On 10/29/2018 at 9:44 AM, CrestfallenV said:

Better late than never. Final Fantasy XIII's done. 10/10 backlog games completed. :D

Congrats man. Nice to see 2 people complete their backlogs this year - and with a month to go as well. 

Tomorrow is the last day of October so please have your profiles synced up. I will get the update posted on Thursday evening after work. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, adam1984123 said:

Congrats man. Nice to see 2 people complete their backlogs this year - and with a month to go as well. 

Tomorrow is the last day of October so please have your profiles synced up. I will get the update posted on Thursday evening after work. 

I agree, it's been fantastic to see. Congratulations to @Demon--Prototype and @CrestfallenV on completing your backlogs this year, it's been a pleasure to watch you both get there ?

• Like 4

Wow thank god for the fame points :D 

Will try to pop another ultra rare this month but first things first i gotta let Red Dead redemption 2 take me for a ride for a little while. Loving the game so far. You can set out on your way to a mission but along the way you'll end up stopping for some hunting, poker or some random event. So much to do in the game. Only annoying thing is it being so realistic as it can take the fun away from it at times.

Was hoping to get Metal Gear peace Walker done this year but still waiting on my partner (cough @MattyH16cough)

Also congrats to @Demon--Prototype for being the first to complete all backlogs. PS Seeing your name always makes me want Prototype 3 :P

• Like 4

Nice job to Adam once again, great work with all the stats.

My plans this month is to at least get another 3 games ticked off the backlog list.
I hope for 4 but it might be a hard ask as the games I have left are a heavy time investment..... Well my whole backlog list did but you get the idea.

Edited by fisty123
  • Like 3

Alright take two, I went to post last night but couldn't get there before the beers hit. I can only laugh at the 20 points thing, I did know going in that I'd only get that amount for doing the UR but this is the 3rd time I've set a personal best with UR's & each time there's been one person who did something a bit rarer. It's cool though, I had so few UR's going into the comp & I think I've done a pretty decent job of maintaining the irony of appearing in that section of the scoring every month bar one. Bugger trying to get 60 platinum's to a month, I'm not in a rush to get in the top 50 & still CBF doing that Vita region swap thing.

I've had this feeling for a while now that I really don't want to play anything that requires heavy or even moderate use of a guide. In particular video guides, the few times I've followed a video it never even felt like I had played the game at the end. I've left a lot of platinums on the table thanks to this, some of it has been sitting around for a long time at this point. That feeling persists so it was just VR & some 2D this month.

Started off the month by popping the least demanding speedrun trophy since Xeodrifter & got my The Cat & the Coup 100%. This is so laughably easy I can't believe the 100% is as low as it is, people have the most bizarre attitudes about speedrunning.

Goki's Room aka Fear of Bugs came next. I wasn't worried about it, there was one time mangos were really expensive & I was going at one when a cockroach flew on me & I just casually brushed it off. Protecting the fruit was top priority. This was a lot more amusing than it was unsettling.

Accounting Plus is brilliant, one of the very few games where I appreciated the humour rather than cringed until my head receded into my body. I was surprised to find free dlc & new trophies. The new trick-shot challenges do a great job of highlighting the limitations & general suckiness of the move controller. I had a pretty sore right shoulder that night so I walked the left hand path as I often do & used my 'wrong' hand to do most of them. This is how DLC should be though, free & not terribly demanding with the extra trophies.

Job Simulator is also quite amusing & worth the time. The mechanic job in particular was just great, my gf walked in & found a lot of what I was doing to be familiar thanks to her mechanic uncles which is... a bit of a worry! Definitely through the years every time I've lost a good mechanic I can trust it's a really sad thing! 

Eagle Flight is something I've gone on and on about it seems like, but too bad here's more. I felt a deep connection to the game & the single player was effortless. I got 'fuckoff' good at it thanks infinite enthusiasm & getting 3 stars was no issue, nor was finding all the collectables with no map only using audio cues (I loved this in a way).

The online took a lot longer than expected though. I was boosting with a European & got a lot of it done but the matchmaking seems to prioritise geographical proximity & later on down the track I'd always get matched up with this one Japanese player. Luckily that player wanted the platinum too but as a result I probably did at least 50 hours of online. This was mostly at times when I wanted to sleep & I'm only just getting back into a desirable sleeping pattern. Oh also the 1000 kills & 200 wins trophies never popped even when I'd fulfilled the requirements so I had to do a fair bit more than that. I'd host the game for hours when the boosters weren't around, got 'come at me bro' good at the online & destroyed most of the randoms I came across. A couple of times I played against really good players and that was a highlight.

One night a Japanese player with a hardcore otaku list of games interrupted the boost with inhuman abilities (that or a swivel chair & amphetamine) and we could barely win 2 vs 1, got a number of draws & had an amazing night all round. I'd seriously play this post platinum for recreation. I kept checking the randoms I'd encounter & it seems people are either super casual or really hardcore about this game. Got first Australian as well which is something I always like doing when possible. Finally, getting this platinum enabled me to come up with a revised trophy cabinet based on rare, high level wildlife themed games that I call 'master of land, sea & sky'.

CoolPaintrVR is one of those free VR plats I had my eye on, but I actually enjoyed messing around with this & would go back to it. The 3D brushes with the movable limbs deal was bloody awesome to mess around with.

Drunkn Bar Fight was always going to make an appearance on my list, it's dodgy as hell but I had fun with it, hopefully they patch the two bugged trophies because I earned everything else in it.

Mortal Blitz initially amused me a bit with the 3D Pang style training mode, but the actual game was fucken amazing! The groggy finish system made me feel like a total badarse & it was crazy fun trying to chain them together & juggle multiple enemies at the same time. I've put off the higher difficulty playthroughs until I can sort out the ideal camera position to be able to take full advantage of the cover system. What's most interesting is that this is a Skonec game, & I've been wondering what they've been up to since I played a shit ton of Psyvariar II & Homura on the ps2. After those titles Skonec kind of disappeared, I'd heard they had gotten into VR but didn't realise it was this game until I booted it up. What a pleasant surprise!

League of Evil was a great recommendation from comrade Demon--Fully-Realised. I was procrastinating starting it for no real reason & damn, it's such a good trophy list, just do some platforming & get a platinum. Controls really well, enough of a challenge to keep things interesting & the length is just right. The Vita version actually ran smoothly which goes a long way with me. I almost blew my load and did the other two stacks but I'm gonna try saving them for the next time I'm not too fussed on playing anything because this is the sort of game that's capable of pulling me out of a rut like that.

Castlevania Requiem was a great way to end the month. The psblog lied though, they said it would be a hard platinum but I couldn't help but think 'hard for whom'. All you have to do is beat both games comprehensively. I think even a newcomer could do this with ease. I'm not complaining though, the whole thing was a total pleasure except for the couple of hours I had to use Richter (being 200% less agile than most of the enemies is not fun IMO). SOTN is probably my most replayed game ever, & this most recent run did nothing to diminish the warm feelings I have towards it. 

Enough about my shit, I've got a new round of opportunities for the month, here are the prizes & conditions:

ww7jTp9.jpg

1 - If you Platinum NBA2k19 in November I'll send you these classic mega drive basketball games.

2 - If you do both stacks of Valkyrie drive I'll send you this VD themed micro cushion.

3 - Platinum all 3 Dragoon entertainment games, & four stacks of Perils of Baking including the refrosted vita version, using the region trick even I don't want to mess with, & I'll send you this classic Ice Hockey game as well as 'something special' to a near-by abandoned house of your choice.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, readytofuky said:

Alright take two, I went to post last night but couldn't get there before the beers hit. I can only laugh at the 20 points thing, I did know going in that I'd only get that amount for doing the UR but this is the 3rd time I've set a personal best with UR's & each time there's been one person who did something a bit rarer. It's cool though, I had so few UR's going into the comp & I think I've done a pretty decent job of maintaining the irony of appearing in that section of the scoring every month bar one. Bugger trying to get 60 platinum's to a month, I'm not in a rush to get in the top 50 & still CBF doing that Vita region swap thing.

I've had this feeling for a while now that I really don't want to play anything that requires heavy or even moderate use of a guide. In particular video guides, the few times I've followed a video it never even felt like I had played the game at the end. I've left a lot of platinums on the table thanks to this, some of it has been sitting around for a long time at this point. That feeling persists so it was just VR & some 2D this month.

Started off the month by popping the least demanding speedrun trophy since Xeodrifter & got my The Cat & the Coup 100%. This is so laughably easy I can't believe the 100% is as low as it is, people have the most bizarre attitudes about speedrunning.

Goki's Room aka Fear of Bugs came next. I wasn't worried about it, there was one time mangos were really expensive & I was going at one when a cockroach flew on me & I just casually brushed it off. Protecting the fruit was top priority. This was a lot more amusing than it was unsettling.

Accounting Plus is brilliant, one of the very few games where I appreciated the humour rather than cringed until my head receded into my body. I was surprised to find free dlc & new trophies. The new trick-shot challenges do a great job of highlighting the limitations & general suckiness of the move controller. I had a pretty sore right shoulder that night so I walked the left hand path as I often do & used my 'wrong' hand to do most of them. This is how DLC should be though, free & not terribly demanding with the extra trophies.

Job Simulator is also quite amusing & worth the time. The mechanic job in particular was just great, my gf walked in & found a lot of what I was doing to be familiar thanks to her mechanic uncles which is... a bit of a worry! Definitely through the years every time I've lost a good mechanic I can trust it's a really sad thing! 

Eagle Flight is something I've gone on and on about it seems like, but too bad here's more. I felt a deep connection to the game & the single player was effortless. I got 'fuckoff' good at it thanks infinite enthusiasm & getting 3 stars was no issue, nor was finding all the collectables with no map only using audio cues (I loved this in a way).

The online took a lot longer than expected though. I was boosting with a European & got a lot of it done but the matchmaking seems to prioritise geographical proximity & later on down the track I'd always get matched up with this one Japanese player. Luckily that player wanted the platinum too but as a result I probably did at least 50 hours of online. This was mostly at times when I wanted to sleep & I'm only just getting back into a desirable sleeping pattern. Oh also the 1000 kills & 200 wins trophies never popped even when I'd fulfilled the requirements so I had to do a fair bit more than that. I'd host the game for hours when the boosters weren't around, got 'come at me bro' good at the online & destroyed most of the randoms I came across. A couple of times I played against really good players and that was a highlight.

One night a Japanese player with a hardcore otaku list of games interrupted the boost with inhuman abilities (that or a swivel chair & amphetamine) and we could barely win 2 vs 1, got a number of draws & had an amazing night all round. I'd seriously play this post platinum for recreation. I kept checking the randoms I'd encounter & it seems people are either super casual or really hardcore about this game. Got first Australian as well which is something I always like doing when possible. Finally, getting this platinum enabled me to come up with a revised trophy cabinet based on rare, high level wildlife themed games that I call 'master of land, sea & sky'.

CoolPaintrVR is one of those free VR plats I had my eye on, but I actually enjoyed messing around with this & would go back to it. The 3D brushes with the movable limbs deal was bloody awesome to mess around with.

Drunkn Bar Fight was always going to make an appearance on my list, it's dodgy as hell but I had fun with it, hopefully they patch the two bugged trophies because I earned everything else in it.

Mortal Blitz initially amused me a bit with the 3D Pang style training mode, but the actual game was fucken amazing! The groggy finish system made me feel like a total badarse & it was crazy fun trying to chain them together & juggle multiple enemies at the same time. I've put off the higher difficulty playthroughs until I can sort out the ideal camera position to be able to take full advantage of the cover system. What's most interesting is that this is a Skonec game, & I've been wondering what they've been up to since I played a shit ton of Psyvariar II & Homura on the ps2. After those titles Skonec kind of disappeared, I'd heard they had gotten into VR but didn't realise it was this game until I booted it up. What a pleasant surprise!

League of Evil was a great recommendation from comrade Demon--Fully-Realised. I was procrastinating starting it for no real reason & damn, it's such a good trophy list, just do some platforming & get a platinum. Controls really well, enough of a challenge to keep things interesting & the length is just right. The Vita version actually ran smoothly which goes a long way with me. I almost blew my load and did the other two stacks but I'm gonna try saving them for the next time I'm not too fussed on playing anything because this is the sort of game that's capable of pulling me out of a rut like that.

Castlevania Requiem was a great way to end the month. The psblog lied though, they said it would be a hard platinum but I couldn't help but think 'hard for whom'. All you have to do is beat both games comprehensively. I think even a newcomer could do this with ease. I'm not complaining though, the whole thing was a total pleasure except for the couple of hours I had to use Richter (being 200% less agile than most of the enemies is not fun IMO). SOTN is probably my most replayed game ever, & this most recent run did nothing to diminish the warm feelings I have towards it. 

Enough about my shit, I've got a new round of opportunities for the month, here are the prizes & conditions:

ww7jTp9.jpg

1 - If you Platinum NBA2k19 in November I'll send you these classic mega drive basketball games.

2 - If you do both stacks of Valkyrie drive I'll send you this VD themed micro cushion.

3 - Platinum all 3 Dragoon entertainment games, & four stacks of Perils of Baking including the refrosted vita version, using the region trick even I don't want to mess with, & I'll send you this classic Ice Hockey game as well as 'something special' to a near-by abandoned house of your choice.

Lol I did notice no one posted any pics of fuel pumps in October. Guessing that means they didn't take up your prize last month. I don't recall anyone playing spin tyres either. It's their loss I suppose. 

Man, you just bought back some good memories of my SNES days thrashing nba live 95 and nba live 96. I loved 96. What a great basketball game for its time. I'd probably cringe if I played it now though. As someone who has platted 2 nba games, good luck to anyone patting nba 2k19 in November... Seeing as not all cards have dropped yet in myteam so it's still technically unobtainable lol. 

• Like 2

On 01/11/2018 at 6:16 PM, adam1984123 said:

And so we are now on the final leg of this 9 leg race. Really, it has gone pretty quick - well it feels that way anyway; maybe I'm just getting old.

This month was actually one of the better months in terms of everyone bagging at least 1 plat (out of the active players anyway) except for @spazza136. Sorry mate, maybe next month.

Hahaha, I take a little pride in that. It's funny because I think I've been slightly more active the last month or so compared to most of the year.

Thanks again for hosting the comp this year mate, appreciate the effort that you and some of the other guys have put in the last few years I've been "competing". It has been fun and interesting and I've wholeheartedly enjoyed the chats and gaming sessions I've had with those here and in previous comps; It was silly of me to sink back into more of a relaxed view on gaming (Not spending time on cheap plats) and taking the time to fully experience a select view games at a slower pace, examples being God Of War and currently Red Dead 2 which are both fantastic. I most likely won't be participating in any comps in the near future but don't be afraid to message me if there's ever an opportunity you may need me for a coop/multi session; I may not have a lot of free time but will try and make the effort.

Great job to everyone this year, good to see a few people complete their backlogs. Looking forward to seeing the crowning ceremony and the wrap up.

• Like 2