The Australian Trophy League 2018 - 2018 SEASON COMPELTE!

20 hours ago, adam1984123 said:

Lol I did notice no one posted any pics of fuel pumps in October. Guessing that means they didn't take up your prize last month. I don't recall anyone playing spin tyres either. It's their loss I suppose. 

Man, you just bought back some good memories of my SNES days thrashing nba live 95 and nba live 96. I loved 96. What a great basketball game for its time. I'd probably cringe if I played it now though. As someone who has platted 2 nba games, good luck to anyone patting nba 2k19 in November... Seeing as not all cards have dropped yet in myteam so it's still technically unobtainable lol. 

That's all good, I really should have done this sooner, & worked up to more lucrative offerings. I probably did at least a hundred hours of NBA Jam back in the day, was going to offer that up too but I don't have doubles like with the other titles. Wasn't sure if 2k19 was obtainable but I saw a mate playing it & it got me thinking. I reckon basketball in the 90s was a pretty special moment in time, at least it felt like that. I went all in, played every morning & lunch in school, collected the cards, had jerseys of my favourite players & might have even watched a few games when they bothered airing them. Great times for sure. I think the Japanese prize is quite winnable but I've done that game once & would never even contemplate doing it again! Grinding the same stage for hours to gain experience that can't be applied to any character because they're all maxed out was one of the most absurd things I've ever done for a platinum to say the least.

• Like 1

I'd like to congratulate @Knightmare_1985 on hitting Level 100 for trophies. I've always enjoyed watching every one of you hitting a milestone, or getting the platinum on something you've worked hard on and this is no different. A monumental effort for sure, well done mate ?

Edited by ArcticFantasy
  • Like 4

On 11/3/2018 at 9:08 AM, readytofuky said:

That's all good, I really should have done this sooner, & worked up to more lucrative offerings. I probably did at least a hundred hours of NBA Jam back in the day, was going to offer that up too but I don't have doubles like with the other titles. Wasn't sure if 2k19 was obtainable but I saw a mate playing it & it got me thinking. I reckon basketball in the 90s was a pretty special moment in time, at least it felt like that. I went all in, played every morning & lunch in school, collected the cards, had jerseys of my favourite players & might have even watched a few games when they bothered airing them. Great times for sure. I think the Japanese prize is quite winnable but I've done that game once & would never even contemplate doing it again! Grinding the same stage for hours to gain experience that can't be applied to any character because they're all maxed out was one of the most absurd things I've ever done for a platinum to say the least.

Man, nba jam. So many hours wasted on that in my junior years as well. What a great game. When nba playgrounds launched on Ps4 I was so hyped. Great game! Just a let down that there is no plat. 

Now playgrounds 2 has come out, I'm keen to play that as well as there is so much more content. But again, no plat. It does bring nba jam into the 21st century though, thats for sure. 

23 minutes ago, MattyH16 said:

I'd like to congratulate @Knightmare_1985 on hitting Level 100 for trophies. I've always enjoyed watching every one of you hitting a milestone, or getting the platinum on something you've worked hard on and this is no different. A monumental effort for sure, well done mate 1f642.png

Yes, even though he wasn't part of the comp, @Knightmare_1985 was very generous with a donation a couple of months back so he is pretty much apart of it anyway.

Nice job mate. Good to see you are going to smash through fallout 76 now and play something with some substance. ? 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, MattyH16 said:

I'd like to congratulate @Knightmare_1985 on hitting Level 100 for trophies. I've always enjoyed watching every one of you hitting a milestone, or getting the platinum on something you've worked hard on and this is no different. A monumental effort for sure, well done mate 1f642.png

It is truly impressive indeed. I don't think anyone realised what he was capable of.

Edited by cjshaitan
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Demon--Prototype said:

Yeah buddy, going off your trophy haul this year, you should have a 476x multiplier as well, so you'll win the trophy category just by turning on your Playstation :D

Hahaha oh well trust me uni finishes in a few days so will hopefully be getting many more trophies this year anyway :P and next year should be a bit more chill for study so want to try get more of my backlog done and dusted and also want to be more involved in this community and just finding out about all these community games is amazing haha

• Like 2

21 hours ago, MattyH16 said:

HALF-TIME MONTHLY UPDATE:

PERSONAL CHALLENGES:

1: Have my total trophy count at or above 13000 (EASY) Currently 13707/13000 COMPLETE

2: Increase my completion rate to 84% and maintain it (MEDIUM) Currently 85.68% COMPLETE

3: Increase my GOLD trophy count to 1600 (EASY) Currently 2017/1600 COMPLETE

4: Decrease my unearned trophy count to 2600 and maintain it (HARD) Currently 2664

5: Earn 50 platinum trophies this year (MEDIUM) Currently 101/50 COMPLETE

COMPETITION CHALLENGES:

1: Complete all 10 of my nominated backlog games (EXTREME) Currently 3/10 - UNOBTAINED

2: Finish in the Top 3 at the end of the event (EXTREME) Currently N/A - UNOBTAINED

3: Place 1st in each category once (HARD) Currently 0/3 - UNOBTAINED

BACKLOG GAMES STATS:

(PS4) Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - 61/61 (100%) COMPLETE

(PS4) Broken Age - 45/45 (100%) COMPLETE

(PS4) Final Fantasy XIV - 39/39 (100%) COMPLETE

(PS4) Just Cause 3 - 18/67 (18%) INCOMPLETE

(PS3) Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons Of Liberty - 0/46 (0%) INCOMPLETE

(PS3) Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater - 0/46 (0%) INCOMPLETE

(PS3) Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns Of The Patriots - 0/34 (0%) INCOMPLETE

(PS3) Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker - 0/50 (0%) INCOMPLETE

(PS4) Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain - 0/43 (0%) INCOMPLETE

(PS3) Thief - 32/38 (74%) INCOMPLETE

Here we are again with another update. I think it's pretty safe to say at this point that I may have overestimated my power when it came to the competition challenges I set myself. After 2 years of placing 3rd in these all Australian events, I fear my reign has come to end. But no matter, I'll be back next year and hopefully be better prepared for the excellent competition you have all provided. On a positive note, I'm very pleased with my results for my own personal challenges for the year, with 4/5 complete and the potential to make it a clean sweep. I'm already contemplating stats to work on and improve next year and I've always found that setting these goals for myself in gaming to be a great motivator to improve my trophy collection, my profile and my skill as a gamer.

This month, I've been a lot more quiet than October. I started out with Just Cause 3, hoping to get it done before the end of the month. Unfortunately, any plans I had to finish a backlog game or have another platinum blitz were canned when Square Enix decided to pull that stunt in regards to Final Fantasy XV. There's a few theories flying around, but the general idea seems to be that the Comrades multiplayer facet in-game is getting closed and a stand-alone is being released in December. Not being 100% sure if the trophies will still be obtainable or not in a month's time, I stopped everything and have worked on them since. Anyone else who has the game and wants to get the multiplayer out of the way might consider doing the same. Don't be put off by the 50-60 hour playtime recommendation, I've finished all but one trophy and came in at under 30 hours total. I'd like to thank @Demon--Prototype for playing alongside me and for doing the research required to halve the total playtime for us both. I managed to notch up the platinum for Livelock as well, a co-op intended game that sadly plays far better in single player. Nevertheless, a great couple of sessions with @Knightmare_1985 and @Demon--Prototype saw to us all getting the platinum. Always a pleasure to game with the lads.

As we near the final leg of the event, I'd like to thank @adam1984123 for hosting this, when our previous event closed down. I'm glad that most of the GATH veterans came across to the ATL, as well as a few new faces. A special thanks to those who donated prizes to the event, your generosity is very much appreciated. I may have one final wrap up at the end of this years event. I'm very hopeful that we continue on next year in some way. As always, good luck to all this month :platinum:

Nice update mate. Good to see you ticked off most of your gaming goals this year with regards to trophies. 

For me this month it's actually been quite productive with trophies. Gone back in time and finished sniper elite v2 on PS3 and then decided to do sniper elite 3 on PS3 as well even though I've done the Ps4 version. I love those games. I also completed all the Mafia 3 dlc. I actually thought the dlc was better than some parts of the main game, definately worth playing. 

And since I've been flat out at work and pretty tired most nights, I decided I've give my vita some love and clear up some easy games while I lay in bed. So I also did burly men at sea and day of the tentacle remastered. 

Still some time left this month so hopefully I can complete assissins Creed brotherhood and I'm sure with the black Friday sales I'll pick up a whole heap of other stuff as well. 

Been watching a heap of hitman 2 game play on YouTube. Even though this game doesn't have a plat it still has 118 trophies and looks bloody awesome. Think I'm going to pick it up. 

21 hours ago, SystmOveRide said:

Damn, is this every year? Would love to join in next year :D 

Thanks for showing interest mate. 

I'm not sure at this stage whether or not I'm going to run this thing next year (or maybe someone else will take it over). 

But keep your eyes peeled on these forums and see what comes up. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, adam1984123 said:

So I decided to pick up a bunch of games during these Black Friday sales. There certainly are some deals to be had...

- Nioh $22 (amazon)

- COD: WW2 $15 (amazon)

- Wolfenstein 2 $19 (amazon)

- Shadow of the Tomb Raider $39 (mighty ape)

- Life is Strange 2 $12 (mighty ape)

- The Crew 2 $29 (target)

- God of War $29 (bigW)

- Detroit Become Human $29 (bigW)

- Mass Effect Andronema $10 (bigW)

All up, 9 titles for just over $200 and they are all physical so will have some re-sale value so not bad at all.

Still want to get my hands on RDR2, Fallout 76, AC Odyssey, Battlefield V and Just Cause 4 when it comes out. And I have so many other things to play as well...

If anyone is looking to get on the VR bandwagon, Amazon have VR v2 with a game for $229 which is the cheapest I've seen it yet.

Nice. I only grabbed God of War. I was considering Detroit: Become Human, Far Cry 5 ($25 from Amazon and Big W), Horizon: Zero Dawn Complete Edition ($33 from Amazon) and Spider-Man ($39 from Amazon and Big W), but I ended up deciding against all of them for various reasons. I have a huge backlog so I figure they'll all be at the same price or cheaper (or, in the case of Spider-Man, maybe have a re-release with all the DLC included on disc) when I do want to play them.

• Like 4

May as well post my Black Friday purchases as well. Both from Amazon:

Horizon Zero Dawn: Complete Edition - $33

Monster Hunter World - $24.95

As Adam mentioned, there'll be a decent resale value down the track. I'd be interested to know who else bought what.

• Like 3

Well, just under a week to go until everything here wraps up for another year. Since the 1st is on a Saturday, I might stay up late on Friday night and try get all results posted by 1am Saturday morning so everyone has their prizes, etc. first thing in the morning. 

Good luck for the last week. 

• Like 4

On 11/24/2018 at 8:59 PM, readytofuky said:

As an underground musician I find the words 'top & 50' when put together to be bilious & horrifying

Lol, you know all successful musicians (well if we define success by western means) were underground at one point. Besides eventually you will sell out, it is never about the money but it does buy some wonderful things. Besides you are almost cynical enough and your humour is almost black enough. And you already have that drinking problem essential with musicians. Look forward to watching on, there is nothing quite like wanking on about the existential crisis, after all that is really all that matters right. 

As for the rest of this, well it will be amusing to see if it gets up again. 

• Like 1

On 26/11/2018 at 6:41 PM, Cjshai said:

Lol, you know all successful musicians (well if we define success by western means) were underground at one point. Besides eventually you will sell out, it is never about the money but it does buy some wonderful things. Besides you are almost cynical enough and your humour is almost black enough. And you already have that drinking problem essential with musicians. Look forward to watching on, there is nothing quite like wanking on about the existential crisis, after all that is really all that matters right. 

As for the rest of this, well it will be amusing to see if it gets up again. 

In todays climate I feel like I could spend a week making some synth/drum loops & make full songs out of stupid jingles I come up with most nights and half of them would be 'hits'. Currently I just sing them at my gf until I get yelled at. Like most years I got a couple of offers for my stuff on vinyl this year which was annoying. I really don't want to do the mixing & mastering for songs I've played & listened to so many times. Recently I've joined one of my favourite cult bands from way down south & if I just keep some spare copies of the many LPs that'll be coming out I can probably get rich selling those. I dunno if I can find a rockabilly band to ghost write for keep an eye out for the songs 'barberin' cash' & 'no time for beards' I'm sure they'll do well.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, readytofuky said:

In todays climate I feel like I could spend a week making some synth/drum loops & make full songs out of stupid jingles I come up with most nights and half of them would be 'hits'. 

Stop giving away trade secrets, any monkey with a copy of garage band and the ability to open protools could destroy us all. 

18 hours ago, readytofuky said:

. I dunno if I can find a rockabilly band to ghost write for keep an eye out for the songs 'barberin' cash' & 'no time for beards' I'm sure they'll do well.

Put me down for a copy, if you can get out the EP mix for your beards song (lol) by March 2nd I reckon you could get a gig in Sydney. Just throw in some synth and smash the quantise button. You will be knocken them back with your stick.

• Like 1