The Australian Trophy League 2018 - 2018 SEASON COMPELTE!

16 hours ago, Demon--Prototype said:

It's a damn shame what happened with you @Cjshai

Congrats on your win. Don't worry about me, I am fine. 

As for the implication by the OP that I took back the $80 well that is a beyond disgusting. I guess if you didn't have the foresight to write down the codes in the months you had them then Sony deserves the free win. As for the charity you are welcome, you would be surprised how many people in this were on the take, although perhaps not. 

The survey was posted while I was posting yesterday but I'm back with answers:

SECTION 1:

1: What is your favourite game that you played and was released in 2018? I only played a few games that were actually released this year, the 3 I really enjoyed a lot that were also very substantial games were Yakuza 6, FarCry 5 & Yakuza Kiwami 2. They were all same shit different smell spec but that doesn't have to be a bad thing. At the start of the year 'Aquatic Adventure of the Last Human' made a strong impression as well but I never went through the tedium of going for the last few trophies.

2: What is your favourite game that you played and was released before 2018? Eagle Flight for sure! I would almost say Castlevania Requiem but I'd played those games so many times already.

3: What is your favourite PlayStation Plus game of 2018? Probably 99 Vidas. There is a fundamental flaw in the boss design that makes it incredibly drawn out & boring on that highest difficulty & it's got one of my most despised 'features' with co-op where the game gets harder & may as well just play solo. I'm pretty sick of games that punish me for playing with my gf or mates who don't necessarily go mental at games like I do. Solo though, I really did enjoy it.

4: What is your proudest Platinum that you earned in 2018? Eagle Flight, thousands of owners, less than 50 platinum earners & no prior Aussies that did it.

5: Which game do you consider to be the most over rated game that released in 2018? I'm not sure I payed enough attention to speak without ignorance on this. Any game with stiff and non fluid character movement with a large budget that also gets good review scores is 90% of the time overrated though IMO. 

6: Which platinum trophy pushed you the hardest this year? Early on in the year I found the Gun Gun Pixies trophy set absolutely agonising to slog though. So many unnecessary full playthroughs with cutscenes that can't be skipped because those fuckwits didn't program system data saving. I can't believe once upon a time a company named Quintet released the best ARPG ever made (Terranigma) only to eventually squander their talent & morph into Shade to make Mech & Perv games. What a fall from grace. Hopefully in future I can get the other 3 Shade titles on Vita done for the set. People are always welcome to hit me up for the Gun Gun Pixies guide I made btw. 

7: Which trophy (excluding platinums) was your most frustrating trophy this year? There's this one trophy in Sengoku Otome Legend Battle on Vita that makes you do one of the most unfair boss fights I've ever seen. I had to replay that so many times to be able to come up with a sound strategy & actually execute it. I did it though & still need to do a bit of grinding for the platinum, but the hardest trophy in the set is done at least.

8: What is your most anticipated PlayStation game for 2019? M2 Shot Triggers: Esprade. First time this has ever been ported to a home system & TBH I have no idea what else is coming out next year.

9: What is the last game you bought for:

• PS4: M2 shot triggers: Ketsui Deathtiny & Zettai Zetsumei Toshi 4 (aka Disaster Report). I paid those off the other day they'll be here on Monday :)
  • PS3: Hard to remember, I think it might have been Man vs Wild for retail & I grabbed a bunch of 2D fighters I already own in digital sales to self-boost.
  • PSV: Sayonara Umiharakawase++ physical version which is kind of a waste because I have the Japanese version boxed but this series is special to me.
  • PSVR: Rick & Morty in the sale for $16 or something. Before that I got Kowloons Gate VR on sale from the HK store, it's in English & it's pretty damn cool!

10: What would be your Top 10 recommended games that you've played this year (they must be PlayStation games and they can have been released at any time, as long as you played it in 2018)

Blah blah Japanese & Indies etc. Do something that goes outside your comfort zone or something you haven't much experience with and you might find a new thing you like (or remain a recalcitrant fucker that's gonna get left in a nursing home later on in life because your family can't stand your shit attitude).

SECTION 2:

1: What was your favourite part of the ATL? Some great banter going on from time to time, thinking of different approaches to getting points, winging it almost every month and still scoring something. 

2: What was your least favourite part of the ATL? My score multiplier... nah j/k, probably the arguments I'd have with my gf 'cause I'm thinking about or playing games too much. She often had a point but damn.

3: What is your opinion on the scoring systems for your End Of Month Result? No complaints with that but maybe some kind of cap on handicaps would be alright. I dunno if it would really make that much difference though.

4: What is your opinion on the scoring systems for your Bonus Categories? I really liked fame & shame, that's the one I paid the most attention to. Some absolutely mental games were done by members here & it was really cool to see that. Not sure that's actually an answer the the actual question though. It's definitely a good idea to have a few ways to score.

5: What is your opinion on the scoring systems for Backlog Games?

6: How do you feel about the Backlog Game setup (10 games across any PlayStation format)?

7: How would you want to see the Backlog Game setup run differently (if at all)? 

I opted out of backlog this year, I just wanted to follow with what I thought was the tradition. I've mentioned this before but I'd like an alternate opt-in system where, rather than pick the games beforehand I could just exhume something already on my list & get bonus points based on the amount of years in the timestamp (so a 10 year one that would top the leaderboard for the month would be worth 35 points for example, or 60 if it was an UR). Can I just get confirmation we'll be doing that & I'll start prepping Street Fighter IV now my Sanwa stick is back in action. 

I'm sure we'll get a future event going, I'd say 'don't make me do it' but yeah if anyone has plans in the future I'm happy to help however I can, banners, rhetoric/writeups, could dig through my collection for an actual good unique prize, do some of the scoring etc. Don't get me wrong I'm looking forward to playing free and easy for a bit but I sincerely hope we can come together again. It's been great fun!

Edited by readytofuky
  • Like 4

SECTION 1:

1: What is your favourite game that you played and was released in 2018? I haven't played any games released this year.

2: What is your favourite game that you played and was released before 2018? The Witcher 3. Very enjoyable RPG with really good story and gameplay. 

3: What is your favourite PlayStation Plus game of 2018? Yakuza Kiwami. I have heard about the Yakuza series previously and been quite interested ever since. Decide to start with this one and it is a good game.  

4: What is your proudest Platinum that you earned in 2018? Star Ocean 4. I got addicted to this game and played for quite a while. 

5: Which game do you consider to be the most over rated game that released in 2018? Probably Battlefield V.

6: Which platinum trophy pushed you the hardest this year? Star Ocean 4 on all the battle trophies.

7: Which trophy (excluding platinums) was your most frustrating trophy this year? The recent Yakuza Kiwami post game content minigames. Games like Mahjong have quite a learning curve. Some others like pool requires skill and some luck to get shots in and bowling is quite hard as I struggle at aiming.  

8: What is your most anticipated PlayStation game for 2019? Kingdom Hearts 3 and Tales of Vesperia remaster.

9: What is the last game you bought for:

• PS4: Final Fantasy IX.
  • PS3: Record of the Agarest War
  • PSV: World of Final Fantasy
  • PSVR: None

10: What would be your Top 10 recommended games that you've played this year (they must be PlayStation games and they can have been released at any time, as long as you played it in 2018)

• The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  • Tales of Hearts R
  • Yakuza Kiwami
  • Grand Kingdom
  • Star Ocean 4
  • Star Ocean 3
  • Star Ocean 5
  • A King's Tale FFXV
  • Sorcery Saga 

SECTION 2:

I don't have an opinion in this section. Apologies as I have been an inactive participant in this comp.

Thank you @adam1984123 for running the comp and @damage_6-9 for the prize in one of the monthly give away. Congrats to all the winners! 

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Hey everyone,

New Year is fast approaching here in the west of Oz, however I know those of you living in the future have already had a taste of 2019. I'm probably going to finish out 2018 watching some Netflix or something. Wishing you all a safe and happy 2019. Hopefully we'll see each other soon for a new event.

Edited by ArcticFantasy
  • Like 4