The Australian Trophy League 2018 - 2018 SEASON COMPELTE!

29 minutes ago, MattyH16 said:

Platinum #250 - Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

I've finally done it. It's been a hell of ride too. I started the free trial about 6 months ago and slowly chipped away at it over the months. I certainly wish I'd spent a few more hours last year doing FATE's, they have been the bane of me this month. It turns out I'm also holding the 39th fastest platinum time in the world!

I've spent most nights this month staying up until the early morning hours, waking up early and doing it all over again. I'd like to thank everyone who has joined me in the chat this month, which has made the grind more bearable. I'd like to especially thank @cjshaitan for his constant help and support throughout my playthrough, whether it be helping me grind, or buying me better gear or organising people to help run me through group activities. I really appreciate all that you've done for me mate.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to come out swinging this month as well as I might have liked, but now I'm one backlog down. Now I need to make the difficult choice about what to play next. Anyways, I'm really proud of this platinum and the milestone so I thought I'd share it :)

Congrats mate! Smashed it! 

Yesterday you still had a few hundred fates and fish to go. 

Spoiler

Dont pick MGSV

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, MattyH16 said:

Congrats mate. Nice Milestone plat :)

I hear a lot of praise for Final Fantasy. As someone who has never touched FF (or many Japanese games at all) would this be a good spot to jump in?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Gibbo_0113 said:

Congrats mate. Nice Milestone plat :)

I hear a lot of praise for Final Fantasy. As someone who has never touched FF (or many Japanese games at all) would this be a good spot to jump in?

I'd never played FF before I ended up getting XV and while I still haven't finished it yet I really enjoyed it. I'm sure others will have better info for you, but thought I'd throw my lot in, since I was pretty much in the same boat.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MattyH16 said:

*Jaw hits the ground*

It literally took me months to get that damn plat. You sir, are a gentlemen and a scholar!

P.S. I'm playing bloodborne atm and I am hating/loving it )

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Dessane said:

Currently grinding out the last couple of runs for Stories: Path of Destinies. Cute game and very easy but you have to do 25 runs to finish it up, each run takes about 20 minutes so not too bad but I haven't had the time or patience to finish it off yet.

I liked it, but it wore out its welcome very quickly once I began grinding out the remaining endings. At least it's easy, I suppose, though that feeds into the monotonousness.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Crestfallen said:

I liked it, but it wore out its welcome very quickly once I began grinding out the remaining endings. At least it's easy, I suppose, though that feeds into the monotonousness.

Yeah pretty much, plus since there is only like 5/6 different levels it becomes a real drag. Overall I like it but will be in no hurry to return to it after the plat. Nice to knock out some older ps+ games off my list at least

15 hours ago, fantrig99 said:

Been going through Witcher 3 and enjoy exploring the large open world. Gwent card game is fun and been trying to customize a good deck. Added World of FF on the vita and going back to more portable rpg. Will be continuing a little KH 2.8 after Witcher 3 and getting ready for KHIII if it comes out this year.

Witcher 3 is amazing. Game of the year 2015 in my opinion. A lot of people hated gwent but i loved it so its good to see another who enjoys it. That reminds me i need to get back to do that DLC soon. Hope we get another Witcher game at some point down the line or a port of the first 2.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Gibbo_0113 said:

Witcher 3 is amazing. Game of the year 2015 in my opinion. A lot of people hated gwent but i loved it so its good to see another who enjoys it. That reminds me i need to get back to do that DLC soon. Hope we get another Witcher game at some point down the line or a port of the first 2.

Gosh, 2015? I bought witcher 3 at launch and *still* haven't started it yet. Would love a port of the first 2 though. I have the first 2 on steam and I've been trying to finish those first lol, still only half way through 1.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, igs63 said:

Gosh, 2015? I bought witcher 3 at launch and *still* haven't started it yet. Would love a port of the first 2 though. I have the first 2 on steam and I've been trying to finish those first lol, still only half way through 1.

Haha, Damn backlog :shakefist: You need to get onto that soon ;)

Cant wait for God of War next month. Im curious how it will feel in third person. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gibbo_0113 said:

Haha, Damn backlog :shakefist: You need to get onto that soon ;)

Cant wait for God of War next month. Im curious how it will feel in third person. 

I sure do xD. Sadly I have even older games than that I haven't touched.

Me too! I saw earlier today that it apparently doesn't have any loading screens either. Looking forwards to actually seeing it in action.

• Like 2

One month almost done aye? Pretty happy with how I've done. Not gonna scratch the big boys but I'll be a happy middle tier player.

On my last trophy for Stories and it really really has overstayed it's welcome, the XP grind is kind of stupid in that you can finish every story and still have to grind a decent numebr of levels. Should be done before the end of the month though hopefully

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Dessane said:

One month almost done aye? Pretty happy with how I've done. Not gonna scratch the big boys but I'll be a happy middle tier player.

I'm pretty happy with how I've done as well. I'll also be middle-tier, but I'll have improved on number of plats and trophies from the same month last year.

2 minutes ago, patrickogorman19 said:

I was wondering If I can change my backlog games.

Rules state that you won't be able to. Maybe you could sweet talk Adam and see if he's as corruptible as a politician? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, patrickogorman19 said:

I was wondering If I can change my backlog games.

Hi mate. 

Sorry, you won't be able to change them now as I gave everyone up until the 16th to change them. 

Also gibbo has donated $50 to the person that completes their entire backlog first so it wouldn't be fair on others with a prize up for grabs. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, adam1984123 said:

Hi mate. 

Sorry, you won't be able to change them now as I gave everyone up until the 16th to change them. 

Also gibbo has donated $50 to the person that completes their entire backlog first so it wouldn't be fair on others with a prize up for grabs. 

Can you just imagine?

Nubla x 4

Jazzpunk x 2

My Name Is Mayo x 2

1000 Top Rated

Jak 2

You'd be done in a day!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, adam1984123 said:

Hi mate. 

I was looking to get rid of modnation racers as I already platnuim that.But I guess i'm an idiot for putting as my backlog game. I was wondering if you get points of completing the DLC if I decide to complete it.

9 hours ago, Dessane said:

Same here. I'm very close to beating my monthly best for trophy count, and with a few days to go I hope to beat it (it's not very high for everyone else but it's still a new monthly best for me haha). Not sure how I'll rank but I'm impressed with how I have done so far ha

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, igs63 said:

Same here. I'm very close to beating my monthly best for trophy count, and with a few days to go I hope to beat it (it's not very high for everyone else but it's still a new monthly best for me haha). Not sure how I'll rank but I'm impressed with how I have done so far ha

How are you finding A Way Out mate? I have been waiting for it to come out

• Like 1

Just now, Dessane said:

How are you finding A Way Out mate? I have been waiting for it to come out

It's a masterpiece. I loved it haha. I highly recommend you get it if you haven't. Dare I say best coop I have ever experienced..

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Hampy64 said:

Is everyone ready for the first months results? I know I am super excited to see how everyone did ^^

Almost! Trying to hit 200 trophies for the month before the end of the day. Just need 4 more trophies atm haha. I'm also filled with a sense of dread to see the results... have a feeling I've landed myself with the shame gahaa

• Like 1