The Australian Trophy League 2018 - 2018 SEASON COMPELTE!

59 minutes ago, MattyH16 said:

HALF-TIME MONTHLY UPDATE:

PERSONAL CHALLENGES:

1: Have my total trophy count at or above 13000 (EASY) Currently 11936/13000

2: Increase my completion rate to 84% and maintain it (MEDIUM) Currently 82.09%

3: Increase my GOLD trophy count to 1600 (EASY) Currently 1468/1600

4: Decrease my unearned trophy count to 2600 and maintain it (HARD) Currently 2869

5: Earn 50 platinum trophies this year (MEDIUM) Currently 32/50

COMPETITION CHALLENGES:

1: Complete all 10 of my nominated backlog games (EXTREME) Currently 1/10

2: Finish in the Top 3 at the end of the event (EXTREME) Currently N/A

3: Place 1st in each category once (HARD) Currently 0/3

BACKLOG GAMES STATS:

(PS4) Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - 1/61 (1%) INCOMPLETE

(PS4) Broken Age - 0/45 (0%) INCOMPLETE

(PS4) Final Fantasy XIV - 39/39 (100%) COMPLETE

(PS4) Just Cause 3 - 5/67 (4%) INCOMPLETE

(PS3) Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons Of Liberty - 0/46 (0%) INCOMPLETE

(PS3) Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater - 0/46 (0%) INCOMPLETE

(PS3) Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns Of The Patriots - 0/34 (0%) INCOMPLETE

(PS3) Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker - 0/50 (0%) INCOMPLETE

(PS4) Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain - 0/43 (0%) INCOMPLETE

(PS3) Thief - 1/38 (1%) INCOMPLETE

Here we are with another update. Firstly, I hope everyone had a good Easter celebration and enjoyed the long weekend. We had an Easter egg hunt for my daughter. I think she enjoyed it, although she only picked up 2 eggs, squished them in her hand and wandered around with them for another hour or so which was quite amusing. I think next year she'll understand she needs to find them, not kill them. 1 year olds, amirite?

Anyways, on to trophy matters. I have had a very quiet month so far. I am yet to earn a single platinum for April. Have I got excuses? Yep! In all honesty though and some of you already know this, but I have struggled to find motivation to play anything for the last few weeks. It sort of feels like nothing can top Final Fantasy XIV. Not necessarily the quality of the game, which is very good, it's more that I spent weeks waking up early and no-lifing it until after midnight all day every day. I'm having a bit of a "well what should I play next?" kind of feeling, it's a bit hard to describe. I spent some of the Easter weekend taking advantage of the DOOM triple XP weekend, which saw me go from 0 to Prestige 2 and I was able to mop up most of the DLC online trophies there. Because I didn't buy the season pass, I have to hit Prestige 8 to unlock the final trophy which is going to be an insane grind.

I have been playing a fair bit of Burnout Paradise Remastered during the first week or so of April. It's my first time playing a burnout game and I enjoyed it for a while. Some of the grinding is a bit shit, especially for the bike and car licenses. I'd like to have it at 100% before the month ends. I've also been playing some Red Dead Redemption online, trying to mop up a bit of that. I played a bit of the single player at launch but just stopped and haven't touched it in the last 8 years. I can't justify not playing my PS3 anymore until I finish off my PS3 games but it's going to be a long haul. Also tried boosting the Naughty Bear DLC multiplayer trophies but the servers are slower than ozgameshop's pre-order delivery times.

Speaking of pre-orders, I finally got my copy of Far Cry 5 after waiting for two and a half weeks. Thankfully, Far Cry has given me a bit of the passion back. I'm not back in hardcore trophy hunting mode yet, I've been taking my time and enjoying the game and trying out a lot of what it has to offer, especially with the hunting, fishing and side missions aspects. It's something I haven't really done in a game for a long time and I'm actually glad that I doing it. I should have Far Cry platinumed by the end of the week. It's a very good game, I'd rate it almost if not maybe just as good as Far Cry 3.

There's only one game on my mind at the moment. I keep wanting to buy Elite Dangerous: Horizons. It'll easily take me 100s of hours and I'm not normally into space games, but the more I read about it and watch video clips of people playing, the more I think I want it. Has anyone here played it? If so, do you have any recommendations? As for backlog games this month, I don't think it's going to happen. I need that spark to come back, fully alight before I tackle a challenge. But for now, I'm going to kick back, relax and get lost in the Bliss of Far Cry 5.

Love your updates, as always mate. Thanks for sharing.

I too have been feeling a bit "meh" towards trophy hunting lately. I feel like just trying a couple of games and then moving on to something else and playing for either enjoyment or just to try something new out. Far Cry was great, but I can't bring myself to get into anything substantial at the moment really.

Aside from Far Cry, I have spent this month doing the online trophies for Little Big Planet Karting with @Crestfallen. The online was a pain to say the least with constant disconnection issues but I have all the trophies done now except 1 online trophy and a few story trophies which is great. So I could really platinum that one very soon and its one I never thought I would. 

Been playing a lot of F1 2017 online lately as well. Even though there are a lot of idiots who race it online, I actually enjoy the challenge of not losing my front wing and seeing how many grid places I can make up lol.

Yesterday I fired up my Vita for the first time in ages and gave Downwell a go. Not a bad little time waster - very tricky though.

• Like 4

This month must not be a good month for trophies, haha. I've also not gotten a lot so far- can blame that largely on work. I've also been enjoying Far Cry 5, and have been slowly chugging away at it. I'd ideally like to have it platinumed before God of War on friday. I was also looking at getting into a few of my shorter backlog games like Murdered: SS or Order 1886 before the month ends, hopefully I'll be able to put God of War down long enough to do so :P

• Like 1

Finished up my first region in Far Cry 5 last night, I'm really enjoying this game, knocked out all the arcade trophies first and they were a pain but now just playing how I like and getting a nice stream of trophies from it without really going out of my way for anything yet.

• Like 2

On 4/16/2018 at 4:19 PM, MattyH16 said:

It sort of feels like nothing can top Final Fantasy XIV.

Of course nothing can it is FF ..... cmon. I hope you get to go back one day for enjoyment and finish it off. The final expansion story is exceptional.

17 hours ago, igs63 said:

This month must not be a good month for trophies

Oh no this month is quite exceptional, it is just the company you keep ?

On 4/16/2018 at 5:25 PM, adam1984123 said:

I too have been feeling a bit "meh" towards trophy hunting lately. I feel like just trying a couple of games and then moving on to something else and playing for either enjoyment or just to try something new out. Far Cry was great, but I can't bring myself to get into anything substantial at the moment really.

You sound like a former completionist lost and directionless. Another fallen to my corruption, I hope you find your way back to normality it clearly doesn't sit with you. In the meantime you should play something of substance, Hellblade, What Remains of Edith Finch, The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, Contrast, The Park. It is these games in the margins where the true magic lies. 

Edited by cjshaitan
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, cjshaitan said:

In the meantime you should play something of substance, Hellblade, What Remains of Edith Finch, The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, Contrast, The Park. It is these games in the margins where the true magic lies. 

I agree here, any gamer worth their salt should play these titles. I'm going to make a special mention for Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice. In my opinion, it was the 2017 game of the year. It's one of the few games worth paying full price for. Play with decent headphones and you'll have a unique experience that stays with you for a long time.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, MattyH16 said:

I agree here, any gamer worth their salt should play these titles. I'm going to make a special mention for Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice. In my opinion, it was the 2017 game of the year. It's one of the few games worth paying full price for. Play with decent headphones and you'll have a unique experience that stays with you for a long time.

Hellblade is really awesome you must play it and definitely with headphones, its a great experience

• Like 1

My gf actually won Far Cry 5 in a facebook competition, came from some ch 10 tv show & there was a signed card with the gimp hosts of whatever show it was. It took forever to arrive though & turned up the same day I picked up Yakuza 6 so it's gotta sit around until that's done.

Anyway I got the most boring stuff done in Yakuza 6 yesterday so just a few chapters & sub stories as well as little bit of grinding left. I've been doing nothing else besides the game & going out for essential food & booze supplies. Still plenty of annual leave left so I'll get Far Cry 5 out of the way next then I've got something special planned that may or may not happen. 10000 trophy milestone is coming up & I don't really want to do anything for it but still thinking about it for some reason. It's pretty inconvenient but serves me right for spamming all that stuff to manipulate the 175 platinum milestone I guess.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dessane said:

Knocked out Far Cry 5 last night, bloody great game.

Reveal hidden contents

That Resist ending, bloody hell

Definitely get around it people

I finished Far Cry 5 I think 5 nights ago as well, wow hahah. I quite enjoyed both endings if you looked at both. only you....

I want to say that it was probably the easiest Far Cry plat I've done- and I've done 3, 4 and primal. No radio towers, didn't even have to do all outposts and only 6 collectibles minimum... only pain was arcade but even then it didn't take ages.

Time for God of War! (which I have already been playing and enjoying)

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, damage_6-9 said:

They say that young people these days have no community spirit, so it gladdened my heart last night at 2am in St Kilda when I saw a couple of teenagers walking down the street making sure that all the cars were locked.... for some strange reason they screamed and legged it when i asked how they were, lol

I want to question why you were there at 2am but I will let it go for now :D

• Like 3

On 23/04/2018 at 4:07 PM, damage_6-9 said:

They say that young people these days have no community spirit, so it gladdened my heart last night at 2am in St Kilda when I saw a couple of teenagers walking down the street making sure that all the cars were locked.... for some strange reason they screamed and legged it when i asked how they were, lol

I'm not that bad?

Edited by Ethan

2 hours ago, damage_6-9 said:

for some strange reason they screamed and legged it when i asked how they were, lol

Good for you man, never to old to try and bag a couple of young ones. Next time try Sircuit Bar your style will have some play there .......... or so I have heard.

5 hours ago, readytofuky said:

Anyway I got the most boring stuff done in Yakuza 6 yesterday

How is the game, I hear this one is very low volume grind compared to all the others. Worth playing ?

1 hour ago, Ethan said:

Am I not that bad?

Mmmmmmmm how bad do you want to be ............

• Like 3

19 hours ago, cjshaitan said:

How is the game, I hear this one is very low volume grind compared to all the others. Worth playing ?

Really good, it's a shorter & more focused experience, a lot of things have been toned down & simplified. Gameplay & story are great as usual. There's still plenty of crazy & amusing stuff in there. I got the platinum in about 38 hours & that's messing around a bit. Feels a bit strange to be done in that amount of time, usually the completion rate chugs along at about 1% per hour & I wouldn't even be halfway done with most of the other games in the series after 40 hours. I'm sure Kiwami 2 will have more bloat so I'll look forward to that later on in the year!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, readytofuky said:

Really good, it's a shorter & more focused experience, a lot of things have been toned down & simplified. Gameplay & story are great as usual. There's still plenty of crazy & amusing stuff in there. I got the platinum in about 38 hours & that's messing around a bit. Feels a bit strange to be done in that amount of time, usually the completion rate chugs along at about 1% per hour & I wouldn't even be halfway done with most of the other games in the series after 40 hours. I'm sure Kiwami 2 will have more bloat so I'll look forward to that later on in the year!

Thanks, I think I will give it a go. Just saw you playing some Noby Noby, not something you see everyday. Made me turn on my PS3 for some Fighting Vipers and Alex Kidd great fun so Thankyou. Goodluck with Kiwami 2 I am sure the grind is real there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cjshaitan said:

Thanks, I think I will give it a go. Just saw you playing some Noby Noby, not something you see everyday. Made me turn on my PS3 for some Fighting Vipers and Alex Kidd great fun so Thankyou. Goodluck with Kiwami 2 I am sure the grind is real there.

Hah, I got those last 2 trophies & the 100% with a 9 year time stamp. I still need the coveted 10 year timestamp, one day I'll figure out what to do for that. I'm really sweet on Katamari so it seemed a bit sad not to have that Noby Noby Boy 100%.

Also that's funny 'cause I saw you playing that stuff & thought that was a trip & great to see. A day after I got that Alex Kidd 100% I tried to show a mate the last bit but died repeatedly & couldn't pull it off. It's always been a bastard to me. When I was a kid & we were having a house party some kid beat the whole game on my Master System with the controller held sideways. The best I could do was the castle once & upon getting there the game glitched. It was nice to get revenge years later on ps3 with the help on save states ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, readytofuky said:

Hah, I got those last 2 trophies & the 100% with a 9 year time stamp. I still need the coveted 10 year timestamp, one day I'll figure out what to do for that. I'm really sweet on Katamari so it seemed a bit sad not to have that Noby Noby Boy 100%.

Also that's funny 'cause I saw you playing that stuff & thought that was a trip & great to see. A day after I got that Alex Kidd 100% I tried to show a mate the last bit but died repeatedly & couldn't pull it off. It's always been a bastard to me. When I was a kid & we were having a house party some kid beat the whole game on my Master System with the controller held sideways. The best I could do was the castle once & upon getting there the game glitched. It was nice to get revenge years later on ps3 with the help on save states 1f607.png

Lol, 10 yrs, who is living that long. Congrats on the ? %. Indeed it was a trip I remember Alex Kid from childhood. Fast forward 25yrs add a good semillion not much has changed. Look forward to going back to it tomorrow for some more fun. As for your controller sideways, well I feel everything about you is on the tilt so it doesn't surprise me. I look forward to our next chat, perhaps we can trade war stories on Girls und Panzer Dream Tanks, I am pretty close to pulling the trigger there. I feel it is a little criminal not to invest some more time in Dead or Alive 3 extreme first, I mean well it would be wrong to play Summer lessons first right. 

Oh and the racking the powder up in the start of Yakuza 6 was fantastic, (even if the baby was the only one getting off on that shit)

Catch ya round man. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Nitro said:

Not much to most of you guys, but I finally reached 275 plats with my rarest plat this year "Drawn To Death" at 1.08% :D

I think you'll find it means something to most (if not all) of us. We might be in a competition but I personally like to watch you all succeed. Whether it's an Ultra Rare platinum you've conquered, a 1000 hour game completed or even a random bronze trophy you've spent time on earning, I'm always happy for you. I know how good it feels to hit a milestone or nail a certain trophy.

Please keep up the news everyone ?

• Like 4