The Australian Trophy League 2018 - 2018 SEASON COMPELTE!

5 hours ago, MattyH16 said:

For reasons unknown, I've always given a lot of hate towards AC Black Flag without even playing it. I guess I've always thought an Assassin's game should stay on land and after suffering through the drek that was AC III, I had hoped it would end there. But now after actually playing the game, I can honestly say it's fantastic! I can't believe it's taken me this long to get around to it. For a game that's nearly 5 years old, it holds up really well, even graphically. This is one backlog I will enjoy finishing. However, my plan was to tackle Metal Gear Solid as soon as possible because in September when Spyro launches, I won't even look at anything else until they're done. Thanks again to @Ethan and @Demon--Prototype, you made the Black Flag boost very enjoyable.

Playing the longer games and or games you enjoy does get rather enjoyable and then if you have a trophy drought there are always a few quick plats to get that rate back up given how many are released these days, also nice work on getting the completion trophy amount down.

29 minutes ago, Demon--Prototype said:

@MattyH16 Thanks mate, and nice work on playing games you actually enjoy. The leaderboard fiasco can get addictive but I'm really starting to get over all the trash myself. Once I get my completion back to 100% towards the end of the year, I won't play that rubbish again. So many great games I'm looking forward to, 'Detroit Become Human' being one of them.

I couldn't agree more regarding Black Flag. I started the campaign but immediately stopped cause I felt the need to complete all the online and dlc's first so I can fully immerse myself into the story. I really hate it when I complete a great game, only to ruin the experience by playing dlc's and/or online bullshit in order to get the 100%..

Online is now done, and ill be starting Freedom Cry this weekend.

Props on going back to those PS3 games too man, i can see your completion climbing and i believe you'll smash your goal of getting under 2600 unearned trophies.

I was about to say congrats on the top 50 then i click your profile and noticed your now 51..... :D either way nice job.
I am on the fence for Detroit Become Human got to play the game at a PlayStation event late last year and while it was fun I am just not sure if it will appeal to me for a whole game.
Oh also what was Kaiji VR like? I wanted to give it a go but I keep putting off my VR games at the moment.

21 minutes ago, spazza136 said:

Ah nuts, didn't realise you guys had gone and boosted that, was waiting a while for some of you to play it. Did you do all of it or just a single session so far?

I missed out on this one as well. I was in the same feeling as @MattyH16 and have been a tad over the Assassins series, now each time I look at doing Black Flag again I see multiplayer trophies and go yep never going to get them and then put the game off.

Edited by fisty123
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, fisty123 said:

I was about to say congrats on the top 50 then i click your profile and noticed your now 51..... :D either way nice job.
I am on the fence for Detroit Become Human got to play the game at a PlayStation event late last year and while it was fun I am just not sure if it will appeal to me for a whole game.
Oh also what was Kaiji VR like? I wanted to give it a go but I keep putting off my VR games at the moment.

I didn't even know i was in the top 50 on the overall Aus leaderboard until Ethan and Matty mentioned it lol so i wouldn't mind if my ranking said 0 :D

Getting my completion back to 100% is all i care about anyway, plus I only play PS4 so that's the only leaderboard i look at, currently 3rd in Aus and 99th in the World.

Kaiji VR was a joke... The entire game consisted of walking across 2 beams and 90% of the trophies were earned by looking at people during cutscenes. 

• Like 4

I'm looking forwards to Detroit: Become Human also. Got it on preorder and will be down first thing to pick it up the day it drops. :) Until then I've started up another of my backlog games- although it's a shorter one so I play to have it done before June and ideally before Detroit. Black Flag is another game I've got to get back to boost those online trophies, although I've got it on PS3... still gotta get around to Brotherhood's as well. Joy :P  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MattyH16 said:

Since the beginning of this event, I've noticed a stronger desire to play the longer/higher quality games over the trash plats (excuse the name). While I love a quick platinum as much as any leaderboard climber, I don't know why but I just can't seem to go near them at the moment. So while I may be sadly watching myself sink down the leaderboard toward the bottom end of the top 50, at least I'm enjoying what I'm playing

Good for you Matt, I think this is a very good move. Don't worry about sinking down the leaderboard, when you are in a position to rise again I am sure you will and you will do it off your own means. That is far more rewarding. I think there is such a misconception with these so called "trash plats". I really hope you all are gaining some enjoyment from playing whatever it is, because at the moment it doesn't sound very good for many of you. Who knows what the answer is but I hope you all find it, gaming is suppose to be fun. Perhaps moving on from the "trophy hunter" phase is a good thing. I have meet alot of "trophy hunters" they are pretty boring, perhaps letting go of that will make you happier. Whatever happens goodluck, I look forward to watching on.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, cjshaitan said:

Good for you Matt, I think this is a very good move. Don't worry about sinking down the leaderboard, when you are in a position to rise again I am sure you will and you will do it off your own means. That is far more rewarding. I think there is such a misconception with these so called "trash plats". I really hope you all are gaining some enjoyment from playing whatever it is, because at the moment it doesn't sound very good for many of you. Who knows what the answer is but I hope you all find it, gaming is suppose to be fun. Perhaps moving on from the "trophy hunter" phase is a good thing. I have meet alot of "trophy hunters" they are pretty boring, perhaps letting go of that will make you happier. Whatever happens goodluck, I look forward to watching on.

This reminds of what a guy at work was telling me today. 

He recently started and he was asking me what kind of games I play and then started telling me how he was a tournament Dota player for a while and all the computer merch and stuff he and his team would get from Asus (Is that how it’s spelt?) and prize money and stuff, pretty much told me it was fairly boring and shit for him because he’d spend all day every day playing Dota and nothing else except eat, toilet, sleep. 

I enjoy gaming but screw living like that, been playing less and less recently and can’t imagine doing that. I definitely understand Matt and have been stepping away from “trash” games currently to just sit back and enjoy longer and better produced games when I have time.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, spazza136 said:

I enjoy gaming but screw living like that, been playing less and less recently and can’t imagine doing that. I definitely understand Matt and have been stepping away from “trash” games currently to just sit back and enjoy longer and better produced games when I have time.

Good for you, perhaps in time you will see my position, perhaps not. But I really hope you follow this line through. Many gamers seem to be not able to help themselves but there are a great many that can. Don't be to quick to judge those that play these suppose " trash "games, after all most of the people that label them such are on the handout, trying to keep up or simply trying to compensate. The people playing these games day in day out might actually enjoy them. And anyway lucky we have them right they seem happy to keep extending the branch, well for a time anyway.

Ok that is more than enough from me here, I really need to learn to stop trying for a different outcome, in 3 years it hasn't happened. 

Edited by cjshaitan

2 hours ago, cjshaitan said:

Cheers. It's just disheartening watching myself drop down after how hard I worked to get there. I also feel like my use of the term "trash plats" may have been misconstrued. As you know and probably everyone here, I have pretty much no shame when it comes to the quick and easy platinums. The shorter the better in my opinion. My thing is that when I overdo it with the less satisfying platinums, I get a sort of burnt out feeling. That takes nothing away from anyone who enjoys them long term and full time, I've never been one to judge. Anyways, it's unlikely I'll ever give them up, I thoroughly enjoy the Artifex Mundi games too much to quit those. I'm still eyeing off that 30th spot (baby steps).

1 hour ago, spazza136 said:

This reminds of what a guy at work was telling me today. 

He recently started and he was asking me what kind of games I play and then started telling me how he was a tournament Dota player for a while and all the computer merch and stuff he and his team would get from Asus (Is that how it’s spelt?) and prize money and stuff, pretty much told me it was fairly boring and shit for him because he’d spend all day every day playing Dota and nothing else except eat, toilet, sleep. 

I can sort of relate to that. I spent 6 months of preparation for Final Fantasy XIV before actually playing it full time and I literally mean from morning until midnight. Perhaps not the same intensity levels as a DOTA player though. I wouldn't say it was ever boring but some of the grind can be extremely tedious. I will thank @cjshaitan for making the experience a positive one. That being said, I did step away from gaming for quite a while after finishing it. I am going to try and bring a bit more of a mix to my play style, hopefully squeeze a few more satisfying games in from now on.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MattyH16 said:

Cheers. It's just disheartening watching myself drop down after how hard I worked to get there. I also feel like my use of the term "trash plats" may have been misconstrued. As you know and probably everyone here, I have pretty much no shame when it comes to the quick and easy platinums. The shorter the better in my opinion. My thing is that when I overdo it with the less satisfying platinums, I get a sort of burnt out feeling. That takes nothing away from anyone who enjoys them long term and full time, I've never been one to judge. Anyways, it's unlikely I'll ever give them up, I thoroughly enjoy the Artifex Mundi games too much to quit those. I'm still eyeing off that 30th spot (baby steps).

I can sort of relate to that. I spent 6 months of preparation for Final Fantasy XIV before actually playing it full time and I literally mean from morning until midnight. Perhaps not the same intensity levels as a DOTA player though. I wouldn't say it was ever boring but some of the grind can be extremely tedious. I will thank @cjshaitan for making the experience a positive one. That being said, I did step away from gaming for quite a while after finishing it. I am going to try and bring a bit more of a mix to my play style, hopefully squeeze a few more satisfying games in from now on.

Its a good start Matt, I think finding your own way now will make you enjoy games more. I often joke about being an enabler but perhaps like most jokes there is a large element of truth. If you want my honest opinion I think you should take a break, what your looking for probably isn't in games. Besides you have spent enough time around me and the rest to know how jaded we are with the average person. I would like nothing more than to comeback in a few years and catch-up I have a feeling we will have a lot more common ground. As I said before take care and all the best to your family 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Gibbo_0113 said:

Basically dont let trophies be the sole purpose of playing a game. They can be a bonus but if you let it control what you do and dont play you're not gonna have a good time. I see that happen quite a bit.

While i haven't been in a situation where i have hated hunting trophies i do feel they can take away from the game a bit. For example using a collectible guide and pausing every 5 minutes or doing a no death or stealth run first up. That is why i have started (and really recommend it to you guys) playing the game first, then worry about trophies later if you want.

Also recommend turning the trophy notifications off ;)

What you said are important play games you enjoy. If you don't enjoy earning trophies for a particular game then don't play that game or earn trophies. I have learned this through doing very long grinds. I've somewhat regretted doing them, why because it was boring. What was my award an ultra platinum trophy that has no real-world value. I could of spend more time working and with family. I can never get back those hundreds of hours grinding.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, spazza136 said:

Ah nuts, didn't realise you guys had gone and boosted that, was waiting a while for some of you to play it. Did you do all of it or just a single session so far?

I didn't realise they were going to do it either. I'm still interested in boosting it. Seems like there's possibly 5 here between you, me, @Ethan and his brother and @fisty123 if he wants to do it. Can we do it as a group of 5 or does it need to be 4?

9 hours ago, igs63 said:

I'm looking forwards to Detroit: Become Human also. Got it on preorder and will be down first thing to pick it up the day it drops. :) Until then I've started up another of my backlog games- although it's a shorter one so I play to have it done before June and ideally before Detroit. Black Flag is another game I've got to get back to boost those online trophies, although I've got it on PS3... still gotta get around to Brotherhood's as well. Joy :P  

I've got Black Flag on PS3 as well as PS4 since it came bundled with the only way to get Liberation HD physically. I've still got Brotherhood, Revelations and III to do on PS3 as well, but I'm not sure if I want to suffer through those or not. Let me know if you're going to do Brotherhood (and the others if you've got them) and maybe we can get a group together.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Crestfallen said:

I've got Black Flag on PS3 as well as PS4 since it came bundled with the only way to get Liberation HD physically. I've still got Brotherhood, Revelations and III to do on PS3 as well, but I'm not sure if I want to suffer through those or not. Let me know if you're going to do Brotherhood (and the others if you've got them) and maybe we can get a group together.

I've got all those games to get done as well so I'm definitely interested in boosting. I kinda didn't have an plans to do it soon but I'm fairly free in July so that might be a possibility?

1 hour ago, igs63 said:

I've got all those games to get done as well so I'm definitely interested in boosting. I kinda didn't have an plans to do it soon but I'm fairly free in July so that might be a possibility?

July sounds good. I'm not in a huge rush to do them either, but I'd like to get them done before the servers are eventually shutdown.

1 hour ago, Crestfallen said:

July sounds good. I'm not in a huge rush to do them either, but I'd like to get them done before the servers are eventually shutdown.

Me too for sure. I need to stop putting it off :P

Hey everyone. 

Sorry for the lack of posting, been very busy with real life stuff unfortunately ? I've hardly turned the console on in 2 weeks. 

I just wanted to let everyone know that @fang7744 has withdrawn from the compition.

This doesn't change anything, it only increases your chance of winning really. 

Happy gaming! 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Ethan said:

@spazza136 and @fisty123, I'll help with Black Flag. With me and my brother, we make 4. We just need a date

I can usually do weekends if I’ve got nothing planned, I’ll start a chat and see if we can all agree on something.

12 hours ago, Crestfallen said:

I didn't realise they were going to do it either. I'm still interested in boosting it. Seems like there's possibly 5 here between you, me, @Ethan and his brother and @fisty123 if he wants to do it. Can we do it as a group of 5 or does it need to be 4?

Been a while since I played it but I remember there being possibly up to 8 player.

30 minutes ago, adam1984123 said:

Hey everyone. 

Sorry for the lack of posting, been very busy with real life stuff unfortunately 1f60b.png I've hardly turned the console on in 2 weeks. 

I just wanted to let everyone know that @fang7744 has withdrawn from the compition.

This doesn't change anything, it only increases your chance of winning really. 

Happy gaming! 

Sorry to hear that, best of luck @fang7744

Hope your venture is going well Adam, look forward to an update.

• Like 2

Hello friends, I forgot this was a thing and that I was part of it.

Again. That's like 30ish times over 3 seasons.

I must say, Guitar Hero Live is probably the best gaming experience I've had in a long time. I didn't play any other entry in the series, and I just haven't encountered anything that I can visually see my progress so easily (moving up gradually from amateur to expert difficulty) since like... Monster Hunter Tri on the Wii. If I can land 100% on Expert Demons in Quickplay four times, I might actually be able to nab myself a fancy plat (ooooooooh).

Hey, what's my poo log again? I've done two of the bitch ones, I know that much.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AuzzieWingman said:

Hello friends, I forgot this was a thing and that I was part of it.

Again. That's like 30ish times over 3 seasons.

I must say, Guitar Hero Live is probably the best gaming experience I've had in a long time. I didn't play any other entry in the series, and I just haven't encountered anything that I can visually see my progress so easily (moving up gradually from amateur to expert difficulty) since like... Monster Hunter Tri on the Wii. If I can land 100% on Expert Demons in Quickplay four times, I might actually be able to nab myself a fancy plat (ooooooooh).

Hey, what's my poo log again? I've done two of the bitch ones, I know that much.

Good luck on Guitar Hero mate, pretty sure there’s still under 500 of us (on psnp) that have the Plat so it’s a pretty cool one to have.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, spazza136 said:

Good luck on Guitar Hero mate, pretty sure there’s still under 500 of us (on psnp) that have the Plat so it’s a pretty cool one to have.

I really need to get back into that, it was great fun when I played it

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, AuzzieWingman said:

I am alternating between the 1000 note streak on Cry of Achilles and Expert 100% on Demons and I am seriously missing like one note everytime and I'm gonna start crying like a bitch very soon but now I want to turn this into a drinking batsu game Y/N?

Are you playing Achilles on Regular? Got to love when you miss certain notes on songs over and over, I got to a point where I had 100% FC'd the Fall Out Boy song three times and then couldn't do it a fourth time for whatever reason and went and randomly got it on a different song. Sometimes you have to take a break and return to it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AuzzieWingman said:

Yeah, on regular. If the highway moved any faster than that I'd struggle unless the chords were basic enough.

Yeah it can be tough man, check out my guide to see if it can help at all, haven’t updated it recently though so it may not provide much useful information especially if it’s just a case of practicing and nailing the part but doesn’t hurt to take a geeze.

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/3819-guitar-hero-live-trophy-guide

• Like 2