The Australian Trophy League 2018 - 2018 SEASON COMPELTE!

I'm surprised I managed to get 15 points for my backlog game since I popped it an hour into June and then barely played anything in the last 2 weeks. I was hoping to have Dragon's Dogma done for June, but I've only played about an hour and a lot of that was messing around in the character creator. lol

Good luck to everyone this month.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Demon--Prototype said:

@adam1984123 Sorry to hear you haven't been much into gaming lately mate, damn life.. :shakefist: 

I hope all is well with the new business endeavour though, and i'm sure everyone here appreciates you still finding the time to run this thing.

I was wondering when you were gonna pop Mafia.. can't tell with you lol

Oh yes... I've heard... The July Apocalypse... 

I can see @MattyH16 and @fisty123 are going toe to toe and it's looking close, Ali/Frazier close..

I shall not dare intervene with this bloodbath.. 

(Me this month)

Image result for eating popcorn

Haha. I just waited until July to pop mafia just so I could score some points for the month. Thinking I might get into arkham knight this month to prep it for August. 

Business is going well man. Considering this time of year it should be quiet, I am pretty flat out and been investing my free time into other parts of it. Working hard now to build it for the future and enjoying doing that more than gaming at the moment to be honest. 

If you sit back and eat popcorn for the month you will probably still pop 25 plats for the month lol. 

1 hour ago, Crestfallen said:

I'm surprised I managed to get 15 points for my backlog game since I popped it an hour into June and then barely played anything in the last 2 weeks. I was hoping to have Dragon's Dogma done for June, but I've only played about an hour and a lot of that was messing around in the character creator. lol

Good luck to everyone this month.

Power of the backlog my friend. You are the king of backlog completion ?

• Like 2

21 hours ago, adam1984123 said:

Haha. I just waited until July to pop mafia just so I could score some points for the month. Thinking I might get into arkham knight this month to prep it for August. 

Business is going well man. Considering this time of year it should be quiet, I am pretty flat out and been investing my free time into other parts of it. Working hard now to build it for the future and enjoying doing that more than gaming at the moment to be honest. 

If you sit back and eat popcorn for the month you will probably still pop 25 plats for the month lol

Arkham Knight is one of those AAA games i wish had another stack, loved it. The community challenge dlc was pretty tough but still enjoyable. 

Glad to hear its all going well mate, i could only imagine whats involved to stay on top of everything.

Lol I'm concentrating on getting my completion back to 100% so it'll be a low trophy count for me this month.

5 hours ago, fisty123 said:

Your welcome to join, you would most likely beat us... Or you could give me some popcorn just to eat in the downtime.

To be honest, its been quite exhausting trying to stay ahead of @patrickogorman19 each month due to his beastly multiplier, so it'll be good to kick back for a month lol

It's gonna be an interesting battle, good luck to you all!

• Like 3

On 7/2/2018 at 5:38 PM, Demon--Prototype said:

I shall not dare intervene with this bloodbath.. 

This is a good start, what is it going to cost to get you to slow down till December. I am not sure I can hold you off much longer, I just need a few more months. It looks like you have more than enough points to hold off these monkeys. How about an Xbox, perhaps I was to subtle last conversation ..........I can sell it more next time if needed.............. Forza .......... just imagine.

Edited by cjshaitan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, cjshaitan said:

This is a good start, what is it going to cost to get you to slow down till December. I am not sure I can hold you off much longer, I just need a few more months. It looks like you have more than enough points to hold off these monkeys. How about an Xbox, perhaps I was to subtle last conversation ..........I can sell it more next time if needed.............. Forza .......... just imagine.

Oh you'll be going down boy.. Not just on me but the ps4 board.. You're not referring to this December are you? Cause that'll only be like what, 2nd place in AU for the both of us?

As Mike Tyson would say "No one remembers who came in second"

This ones even better "There is no such thing as second place. Either you're first or you're nothing..." 

Tyson didn't say either of those things but you get the drift, a focker needs to go down.. December 2022? lol

I'm not gonna lie, after you mentioned the differences you noticed between the Pro and X, I've been looking at getting one...

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Demon--Prototype said:

Oh you'll be going down boy.. Not just on me but the ps4 board.. You're not referring to this December are you? Cause that'll only be like what, 2nd place in AU for the both of us?

As Mike Tyson would say "No one remembers who came in second"

This ones even better "There is no such thing as second place. Either you're first or you're nothing..." 

Motivational, could I self quote myself from an hour ago " Ni No Kuni 2 down bitch, Now you are fucked "

Focker is a state of mind, you are not ready yet ............

40 minutes ago, Demon--Prototype said:

Oh you'll be going down boy..

Lol, a proposition. Seems about time

• Like 1

4 hours ago, adam1984123 said:

Nice work!

You really are looking to have a big month. I wonder if you could clean sweep all 3 categories?

Me on the other hand... I have popped a whole 5 trophies. 

Have slowed down the trophy rate this week, Think I already burned out :D
Sometimes 5 trophies on a good game are worth 100 on a poor game.

15 hours ago, MattyH16 said:

A grand total of 29 platinums

Congrats Matt, that is a fantastic effort. 29 plats in 15 days is beyond impressive. And 69 for this year. Well done. Great to see you climbing the boards, I really am enjoying the new look top 30 (+Demon 31 Cmon). I sense a shakeup all the way to the top 5 is on the cards which is fantastic. 

I noticed you lost one of your members this week. To be honest I was perhaps more surprised than anyone. Perhaps I am jealous, definitely envious, it is funny seeing someone move on before you expect. More power to him. 

7 hours ago, Demon--Prototype said:

Heck, you saw my 300th 'Old mans journey' i'm an old man and this is my journey, seemed fitting to me lol

Now because you are too modest, and no one else here seems to notice I am going to throw out a massive congrats for moving up to #2 on the PS4 boards (and knocking me back you bastardo). The amount you have gained in the last 5 months is staggering. I look forward to watching on at what is still to come. And who knows maybe I couldn't persuade you to jump ship to Xbone yet but maybe..... just maybe I can corrupt you into Vita. 

Edit : And because I just can't resist it is great to see you abusing VN's again Fisty. It made me laugh, my only regret is I couldn't overcharge you on the hire ......this time.

Edited by cjshaitan
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, MattyH16 said:

HALF-TIME MONTHLY UPDATE:

PERSONAL CHALLENGES:

1: Have my total trophy count at or above 13000 (EASY) Currently 12712/13000

2: Increase my completion rate to 84% and maintain it (MEDIUM) Currently 83.91%

3: Increase my GOLD trophy count to 1600 (EASY) Currently 1787/1600 COMPLETE

4: Decrease my unearned trophy count to 2600 and maintain it (HARD) Currently 2821

5: Earn 50 platinum trophies this year (MEDIUM) Currently 69/50 COMPLETE

COMPETITION CHALLENGES:

1: Complete all 10 of my nominated backlog games (EXTREME) Currently 2/10

2: Finish in the Top 3 at the end of the event (EXTREME) Currently N/A

3: Place 1st in each category once (HARD) Currently 0/3

BACKLOG GAMES STATS:

(PS4) Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - 61/61 (100%) COMPLETE

(PS4) Broken Age - 0/45 (0%) INCOMPLETE

(PS4) Final Fantasy XIV - 39/39 (100%) COMPLETE

(PS4) Just Cause 3 - 5/67 (4%) INCOMPLETE

(PS3) Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons Of Liberty - 0/46 (0%) INCOMPLETE

(PS3) Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater - 0/46 (0%) INCOMPLETE

(PS3) Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns Of The Patriots - 0/34 (0%) INCOMPLETE

(PS3) Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker - 0/50 (0%) INCOMPLETE

(PS4) Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain - 0/43 (0%) INCOMPLETE

(PS3) Thief - 1/38 (1%) INCOMPLETE

Here we are with another half time update and what an update it is! A few of you may have heard me mention in party chat/group message that I was planning to go hard this month and I wasn't kidding. A grand total of 29 platinums have been ticked off so far with the 30th hopefully happening later in the day, smashing any previous personal best record into pieces. I have been holding back a few quick and easy platinums for a time like this and while some of it has been monotonous, the rest has been relatively enjoyable. I've even managed to post a few Top 50 fastest achievers into the mix which has been pleasing.

It hasn't just been platinum hunting though, I've been working on Black Ops 3 intermittently with @adam1984123 and @readytofuky so thanks for your help so far guys! We'll get there eventually. We started the campaign and have worked on a bit of the multiplayer, saving Zombies for last, including the expansions. Should be good once we get there. I've actually never played the zombie mode, in fact this is actually the first Black Ops game I've ever played. Other games worth mentioning are AC Origins and Candleman. AC Origins is a fantastic game with some excellent DLC. If you get a chance to pick up the Gold Edition, definitely do so, it's worth the extra money (a rare case). Candleman was the big surprise for me, I did not expect it to be so well made. The visuals were truly beautiful as was the journey and the sound. One of the few games I was happy to pay the full price for. I almost forgot about Super Destronauts. It took me back to the good old days of playing Space Invaders. Good times 1f642.png

With Platinum #299 a few hours away, it brings us to the question about #300. Do I pick a quick platinum with a clever and catchy platinum name and keep pushing hard or do I go for a milestone platinum which also has a catchy name that I will be proud of? Platinum #100 was a good game/boring name (Fallout 4) and Platinum #200 was a good game/good name (The Last Of Us). I guess we'll find out eventually...

Shout out to @Demon--Prototype and @fisty123 for making me work for victory so far. Good luck to all this month :platinum:

Great effort so far this month mate! 

I don't think I've ever got 29 plats in a year, let along 2 weeks; nice effort. But you better keep the pace up. From what I've seen @fisty123 is still going strong and @Demon--Prototype hasn't been eating too much popcorn from what I've seen lol.

Black ops 3 has been fun doing the campaign in co-op here and there when time permits. Be a pretty tough platinum if we can get it... Time will tell. 

All the best for the second half of this month. 

8 hours ago, Demon--Prototype said:

@MattyH16 Nice work mate, some impressive feats there!

Couldn't agree more about Candleman, i was stoked to see a new trophy list come through recently and i believe another is on its way. Ill definitely jump on Origins once it goes on a crazy sale down the line, as I've still got Black Flag, Unity and the Ezio collection to get through lol

Regarding the infamous "milestones" you know how i feel about them.. I can appreciate the idea behind them but at the same time, if you have a fancy/rare/funny plat name, put it in your trophy cabinet, that's what its there for  :jaymon:

I don't mean to be a buzz killer mate but i would hate to see your monthly progress hindered after your big efforts, over something as trivial and silly as a milestone.

Heck, you saw my 300th 'Old mans journey' i'm an old man and this is my journey, seemed fitting to me lol

Anyway, enough of my rambling:popcorn:

I also have the ezio collection sitting there gathering dust... I've never played an Assassin's Creed game so it will be nice to get into that collection one day. 

Just need some motivation which is clearly lacking on the gaming front right now. Still haven't got The Crew 2 which I was so desperately looking forward to... And the only reason is that I cbf... 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, cjshaitan said:

Edit : And because I just can't resist it is great to see you abusing VN's again Fisty. It made me laugh, my only regret is I couldn't overcharge you on the hire ......this time.

One month speical only after this month VN's will take a backseat again. Btu after this month I don't think I will play any quick games for a little while.

Edited by fisty123
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, fisty123 said:

One month speical only after this month VN's will take a backseat again. Btu after this month I don't think I will play any quick games for a little while.

It is addictive man, respect if you can stop after a month. I am intrigued about that Caligula effect. Props on the plat, you know I am starting to wonder if you can speak/read some of the mother tongue

34 minutes ago, adam1984123 said:

Just need some motivation which is clearly lacking on the gaming front right now. Still haven't got The Crew 2 which I was so desperately looking forward to... And the only reason is that I cbf...

We could keep ignoring each other, I think it is working well for us both but for whats it worth I hope your business endeavour is going well. I did warn you working for yourself was a whole other level. Still its the best and just think in a few years you can spend every day gaming and on the golf course ( or thats what they tell me). And don't waste your money on the Crew 2. All the best.

Edited by cjshaitan

7 hours ago, cjshaitan said:

Now because you are too modest, and no one else here seems to notice I am going to throw out a massive congrats for moving up to #2 on the PS4 boards (and knocking me back you bastardo). The amount you have gained in the last 5 months is staggering. I look forward to watching on at what is still to come. And who knows maybe I couldn't persuade you to jump ship to Xbone yet but maybe..... just maybe I can corrupt you into Vita. 

Thanks mate, yeah i've popped over 130 plats since the comp started back in march, so if i can maintain that progress till the end of the year i should be able to catch the maniac out in front..

• Like 3

6 hours ago, cjshaitan said:

It is addictive man, respect if you can stop after a month. I am intrigued about that Caligula effect. Props on the plat, you know I am starting to wonder if you can speak/read some of the mother tongue

It is one addictive drug that is fore sure,

The Caligula Effect is an amazing story but feels like the gameplay was rushed or unfinished. The PS4 versions looks amazing in every aspect and all reviews say its better across the board. But if you wish to do the Vita version there are no missable trophies, the game is broken down to 18 - 25 hours on story mode, 4-10 hours on side quests and 40+ hours grinding the same three battles and watching the same story with text skip. Without some NPC location guide the side quest part is much longer.

I only know the basic of the mother tongue which is enough to let me find details and work out how a game works but its no where near enough to enjoy a game's story

• Like 1

I've done very little on the trophy front this month, thanks to being at work more than usual which is annoying but I want the money so why not. I'm almost up to 200 hours of annual leave again as well as almost 300 hours of sick leave & with Yakuza Kiwami 2 coming out late next month, might just have to take some of it.

Been caught up playing Gravity Rush 2, thought I'd do as much of the online rewards stuff as possible before the servers close but I ended up getting sucked into the game & finished the story last night. Pretty wild stuff, really damn good!!

On 16/07/2018 at 3:08 AM, MattyH16 said:

It hasn't just been platinum hunting though, I've been working on Black Ops 3 intermittently with @adam1984123 and @readytofuky so thanks for your help so far guys! We'll get there eventually. We started the campaign and have worked on a bit of the multiplayer, saving Zombies for last, including the expansions. Should be good once we get there. I've actually never played the zombie mode, in fact this is actually the first Black Ops game I've ever played.

Nice going on the platinum haul this month! Sorry I couldn't be there for more black ops sessions, I actually had really good intentions on Saturday, ordered takeaway on the way back from work hoping to save time. Ended up waiting over half an hour for that food, could have made something better or gone somewhere much nicer in that time. Then I got home & had a mico-domestic since I got home a bit later than usual & it was one of the 5-10 nights to a year my woman was actually gonna make dinner (I usually prefer to take care of it tbh). That bummed me out & by the time I stopped being toxic & jumped on it was a bit late anyway. Looking forward to future sessions for sure.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Demon--Prototype said:

Thanks mate, yeah i've popped over 130 plats since the comp started back in march, so if i can maintain that progress till the end of the year i should be able to catch the maniac out in front..

There is no catching that maniac but if you do pull it off make sure you send him a message saying Cj says Hi ?

17 hours ago, fisty123 said:

It is one addictive drug that is fore sure,

The Caligula Effect is an amazing story but feels like the gameplay was rushed or unfinished. The PS4 versions looks amazing in every aspect and all reviews say its better across the board. But if you wish to do the Vita version there are no missable trophies, the game is broken down to 18 - 25 hours on story mode, 4-10 hours on side quests and 40+ hours grinding the same three battles and watching the same story with text skip. Without some NPC location guide the side quest part is much longer.

I only know the basic of the mother tongue which is enough to let me find details and work out how a game works but its no where near enough to enjoy a game's story

Ahh another on the long line of localisation hopes I fear. I see you are doing the Fruits racing. Goodluck with that. I don't think I have enough controllers left for the BS that is the time trial mode.

17 hours ago, cjshaitan said:

Ahh another on the long line of localisation hopes I fear. I see you are doing the Fruits racing. Goodluck with that. I don't think I have enough controllers left for the BS that is the time trial mode.

The PS4 version has been announced for the West....But its buy NIS instead this time. But the PS4 version has a better and less grinding trophy list as well.
As for fruits racing those 1 piston time trail modes are a massive pain even after watching the video posted by Synophis I still fall short by 04  to 2 seconds.

Edited by fisty123

I just completed the second DLC for Far Cry 5... Lost in space or whatever it's called. It was shit. The base game was awesome, probably the best far cry there is, the Vietnam dlc was also good. This was just stuffed, did not really enjoy it at all. 

Word of warning, if you do play it, get all trophies done before completing the final quest as there is no free roam after finishing it and your save gets wiped! 

And now back to not knowing what to play. ?

• Like 3