Easy plat, shit game.

zachmaynee

Game is definitely not shit. Easy? Sure. Do I think the game is amazing? Nope. I just didn't like the gameplay choices. You can die, but what happens? Oh yeah, it's a relaxing trip looking for collectibles and solving how to progress, and the game does this pretty well. But that's all it does.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 3

I just hate collectibles that are extremely hidden. Only complaint about this game because it's hard to enjoy the game and go for collectibles at the same time when I have a YouTube video set up next to me to find them all and keep pausing and playing the game and video.

If I didn't do that and just played the game normally, it would be a great game.

I made it two minutes in before abandoning it. The second the intro music started playing I wanted to skip it. I couldn't. I wanted to skip the dumb waves, couldn't. By the time I got to waking up on the beach, I was already aggravated. 

I walked around to the first seashell collectible and the floaty-ass camera was just too much for me. The character was kinda floaty, too, but the camera pissed me right off. 

I quit and deleted it right then. Thank goodness it was free on Plus. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, yowzagabowza said:

I made it two minutes in before abandoning it. The second the intro music started playing I wanted to skip it. I couldn't. I wanted to skip the dumb waves, couldn't. By the time I got to waking up on the beach, I was already aggravated. 

I walked around to the first seashell collectible and the floaty-ass camera was just too much for me. The character was kinda floaty, too, but the camera pissed me right off. 

I quit and deleted it right then. Thank goodness it was free on Plus. 

I can definitely see what you mean. The camera especially is really bad. I just overlook the flaws and try to see the positives in most games.  

• Like 2

I pre-ordered this game because I mistook it for Oceanhorn. I expected it to be a lot more like Wind Waker. However, I enjoyed this game just fine. Overall I think this game deserves like C+ or B-. It's not fantastic or revolutionary. But it's decent enough. It's worth playing, especially free. The story isn't great and all the symbology crap went over my head. I mostly enjoyed it as a pretty puzzle game. I did a blind playthrough initially and went back through with a guide for collectibles. There was some annoying ones for sure. As a side note, I still haven't played Oceanhorn. Haha. 

17 minutes ago, Jaco said:

I don't know how not getting the Plat invalidates an opinion.. That just means he stopped playing because he didn't care for it. I thought it was decent, though. 

I think it invalidates his opinion that it's an easy platinum. You can't exactly call getting all the trophies easy if you've never done it first hand or even beat the game. It'd be like me calling Rainbow Moon easy but grindy even though I never beat the game and quit because I found it boring hallway through.

It'd be different if he said it was hard or harder than it should be from the controls, camera, etc. and he couldn't bring himself to finish it, but he hardly elaborates on anything at all. Most people just find it ironic.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Toogie53 said:

I pre-ordered this game because I mistook it for Oceanhorn. I expected it to be a lot more like Wind Waker. However, I enjoyed this game just fine. Overall I think this game deserves like C+ or B-. It's not fantastic or revolutionary. But it's decent enough. It's worth playing, especially free. The story isn't great and all the symbology crap went over my head. I mostly enjoyed it as a pretty puzzle game. I did a blind playthrough initially and went back through with a guide for collectibles. There was some annoying ones for sure. As a side note, I still haven't played Oceanhorn. Haha. 

I will be jumping into RIME soon. From what Ive seen it looks great. We shall see though.

If we can make Oceanhorn fit your next event @Toogie53 I'll run through it same time as you. ?

• Like 1

Just now, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I think it invalidates his opinion that it's an easy platinum. You can't exactly call getting all the trophies easy if you've never done it first hand or even beat the game. It'd be like me calling Rainbow Moon easy but grindy even though I never beat the game and quit because I found it boring hallway through.

It'd be different if he said it was hard or harder than it should be from the controls, camera, etc. and he couldn't bring himself to finish it, but he hardly elaborates on anything at all. Most people just find it ironic.

You could easily make an assumption of how hard or easy a game's Platinum is based on rarity, trophy guides, or asking others that have done it. I'm sure most would consider this an easy Plat. 

His review is (quite frankly) shit, though. As you say, he barely gives any context. 

• Like 2

GotY right here. Better than that pos Bloodborne and The last of us. The story and gameplay of this game is a perfect melody of the way a game should be made going forward.

/sarcasm

I haven't played much of this game yet due to my busy life, but I have watched a walkthrough and heard about it from a friend who played it last month. It's not bad for what it is, could it have been better? Of course, but that isn't the case.