Easy plat, shit game.

zachmaynee

1 hour ago, yowzagabowza said:

I made it two minutes in before abandoning it. The second the intro music started playing I wanted to skip it. I couldn't. I wanted to skip the dumb waves, couldn't. By the time I got to waking up on the beach, I was already aggravated. 

I walked around to the first seashell collectible and the floaty-ass camera was just too much for me. The character was kinda floaty, too, but the camera pissed me right off. 

I quit and deleted it right then. Thank goodness it was free on Plus. 

Man, dude you must be really hard to please. Just give it 30mins-1 hour before you abandon it. People did work hard on this game n we could at least give it more time then that. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jaco said:

You could easily make an assumption of how hard or easy a game's Platinum is based on rarity, trophy guides, or asking others that have done it. I'm sure most would consider this an easy Plat. 

His review is (quite frankly) shit, though. As you say, he barely gives any context. 

You are right. I've never played My name is Mayo, but I do know that it is easy by the 99% platinum rate. Though, like I said, I think most just find it ironic to call something easy even though you never finished it which doesn't make his brief argument completely invalid, but it does make you take it with a grain of salt...which is what all people should do because one opinion shouldn't deter you or encourage you to play a game. Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. :P

• Like 1

On 3/8/2018 at 3:41 PM, redcar200 said:

Man, dude you must be really hard to please. Just give it 30mins-1 hour before you abandon it. People did work hard on this game n we could at least give it more time then that. 

Not THAT hard to please, but easy to aggravate ?

Nah, with all the other games I have sitting on the shelf or in my HDD, I'm not wasting time on RiME. I was only playing it for the easy plat and cuz it was free anyway. 

Edited by yowzagabowza

Just finished it.  Obviously an easy game, I was in it for the trophies and I started off not really liking it.  Then it got kinda interesting, then a bit dark (literally), then the ending...

Spoiler

...was sad as fuck.  As a parent, I couldn't imagine losing my child.

So in the end I found it enjoyable enough for what it was, plus the ending music (post-credits, I think) was nice.

Now, for what it was... basically if you sat down to play Ico, and the main character was Ico, but also the kid from Unfinished Swam, but in Ico's body and the Ico game world, and the shadow/tar creatures were a bit less aggressive, then that'd be this game (up until the final chapter, that is).  So in other words, if Ico (the game) and Unfinished Swam had a baby, it would be RiME.  Which isn't a bad thing; I thought Ico was good and I enjoyed Unfinished Swam just enough to play it 3 times for 3 100%s.  I just couldn't help drawing parallels to those 2 games the entire time I was playing RiME.  Definitely worth the playthrough and the free platinum if you're a PS+ subscriber.

Quick Edit: Did anyone else feel the music throughout the game felt like Braveheart?  I found myself humming the main theme from Braveheart, at least early in my playthrough and my wife kept asking me why the hell I was doing it. 

Edited by Matto_lsi
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Matto_lsi said:

then a bit dark (literally)

The game definitely has lighting issues. It has some permanent gray "filter", like some darkness added. It might look good/playable on shitty LCD screens, but it doesn't look good on screens that shows dark colors properly.

15 hours ago, MMDE said:

The game definitely has lighting issues. It has some permanent gray "filter", like some darkness added. It might look good/playable on shitty LCD screens, but it doesn't look good on screens that shows dark colors properly.

This, I agree with. I actually set the in-game brightness to maximum. Had to so I could see where I was supposed to go in caves when playing during daylight. Didn't realize until now that I had never set it back after that section. Huh. 

Aside from that, though, I liked it. Definitely took some inspiration from Journey I think, too, in addition to Ico and Unfinished SwaN. 

• Like 1

I started out not thinking too much of the game in the first chapter, but it kept getting better and better.  This is one of the rare games where I truly did not mind jumping right back in for a second playthrough to get trophies (did a blind run first time through based on recommendations, and I really think this is what made it so enjoyable).  Usually not into this type of game, but really enjoyed this one. 

• Like 2