FF VII Remake vs Original Game

linkdevivo

If in a hypothetical scenario where you had never played this, and have the chance for the upcoming FFVII remake to be your first experience with the game, would you do it? I have a huge Final Fantasy gap in my gaming history and am getting into the games as I think they'll be a great fit for me (love jrpgs and music). I don't know if i should play the original FFVII and if it holds up to this day. Regardless, if you had never played the game, would you wait for the remake for it to be your first experience with the game?

7, 8, 9 and 10 will always be my favourites in no particular order. I doubt this re-make will justify the greatness of the original, especially with the direction SE have been heading in. Good old SquareSoft days, it was never really the same for me ever since the merger.

Edited by Zolkovo

I would probably play it. I played Crisis Core which was kind of like an action RPG and I really enjoyed that one (and I would love to play a remake of that in 200 years). I haven't really been keeping up with the news of the VII Remake but it's my understanding they have been making the combat more like Kingdom Hearts which honestly I don't have an issue with since KH1 and 2 have pretty solid gameplay. I think the other thing would be what all they would decide to add if anything. I assume they are going to add extra content which may or may not go well, so I think as long as the gameplay is engaging and added stuff (assuming they will) isn't bad I would be on board with it.

And what I mean by it being bad is I don't want it to be like FFXV's extra stuff. I mean I don't mind the story things but they seem to keep adding in things and they don't stick with me to the point where I don't feel interested in playing them. If FFVII Remake is adding in new stuff I want it to be something I can look forward to playing.

Go play 7, I wasn't old enough to be a gamer when 7 came out and it still held up when i went back and played it on PS1 a few years ago.

Plus as mentioned before the combat systems are totally different so it's worth playing both 

I would say play both. I heard rumours, and I repeat rumours, that the FFVII remake is going to have some changes to the game. And by this I mean changes to some of the Story, not just gameplay. This could be because the FFVII universe has greatly expanded since the original game released.