White House Releases Video To Demonstrate How Violent Video Games Are

madbuk

11 hours ago, hpknight said:

I'm very curious what they'd blame next if another mass shooting happened after they banned all violent video games.

Good point.  If you didn't say that first, I would've.  And Arkonaborg's post above is another good one.

Sometimes a violent game can be a good way to vent. 

We don't see basketball players pushing & knocking each other over in real games just because you can do it in NBA Jam.  Someone who did this on the court would get called for a personal foul & maybe even benched.  But it does make for a fun video game, whether it's the original PS1 or the PS3 version.  I don't really play sim sports games, but rather arcade type ones which in some cases do away with the fouls.

Back whenever it was, did Pac-Man get our parents literally eating everything they could grab?  Of course not.  People know the differences between games & the real world.  They know what's right in a game is not necessarily right in life.

Anyone who still supports Trump is a genuine idiot.

These elimination contest reality shows on TV need to get ditched, like Koromaru said. American Idol may be coming back, but I don't really give a damn.  I'm not going to miss The Walking Dead for it.  And the Bachelor family of franchises?  Survivor? Oh, please.  Retire them!

Edited by gameoverDude189
  • Like 1

If you wake up in the morning and think to yourself that the murder of innocent civilians is perfectly acceptable, then what video game you play, what song you listen to, what you ate last night, what weapon you love using, what car you drive, or what beverage you prefer all becomes completely irrelevant.

I think more people have been killed over Monopoly or Risk than video games. That can take hours—especially if Aunt Bethany is a little slow in the head—and to then suddenly have to go to jail, without passing start, without collecting $20,000, after 9 hours of that shit? I don't think so.

I thought we finally moved passed this shit.
If anything I'd say video games probably have helped decrease violence rather then increase it.
Politicians obviously have no idea what they are talking about.

Already gave the video a thumbs down.

I just noticed that video says unlisted any reason why it isn't public?

Edited by Nightstream88

I gave it a thumbs down as well.

Sure hope one or more of the content owners flags that video for stolen material.  Plagiarism by the President, LOL!

Trump should probably ban history classes in schools as well.  Can't have kids hearing about wars, Wild West outlaws, genocides, dictators, & all that shit.

Edited by gameoverDude189

On 3/9/2018 at 7:22 AM, Xionx said:

Breakfast, im pretty sure most of the killers had breakfast , so there has to be a connection ? Thats how it works right?

giphy.gif 

@Xionx What kind of breakfast though? That's an important factor...

Honestly though, the White House putting up that video is pretty disgusting. And I don't usually use the word disgusting to describe situations/people. Kind of disappointed in Trump, I'm happy when he is pissing everyone else off lol, why he bothering us gamers now ;(

@Arkonaborg @Zolkovo Add some text to your image or the dogs of PSNP (not the animal, but the metaphorical connotation we give to jerks lol) will cry to their mod masters because you only put an image/gif

Edited by Super Sand Virginia
  • Like 1

Instead of looking into what might actually be the real source for people turning violent (mental health, family history, upbringing, relationship with work/school, etc), these assholes continue to throw the blame on video games with a M rating. 

I lost all hope for Congress and the White House years ago. These fucking politicians need to imply real help to those who have mental problems. 

Instead of treatment we just throw mentally disabled people in jail. Our health care is a complete joke. 

Hell, my dad knew a woman from Ukraine who said it was cheaper to fly back to her home country, get the health care she needed, then fly back to the States than it would to get health care here. 

These are the same type of assholes who said that explicit rock lyrics in the 1980s would damage the youth. Jon Lieberman threw a fit over DOOM and Mortal Kombat for their violence back in the 90s, and look where that got him. 

Donald Trump just loves to stir up the pot on anything he has no fucking clue on. Then he blames others for all the shit currently occupying the White House and arguably all of Washington DC. 

We got ESRB ratings. Most developers refuse to make AO (Adults Only) rated games and even if they wanted to neither Sony, Microsoft or Nintendo would allow that. 

What more do they want? Video games, regardless of how violent they may be are here to stay. 

This entire admistration is a big fuck you to what America used to stand for.

Edited by Spaz

19 hours ago, Spaz said:

This entire admistration is a big fuck you to what America used to stand for.

It sure is. Trump totally misunderstands the word "great". 

When I heard his slogan for 2020 will be "Keep America Great", I almost laughed in ridicule.  Actually, I couldn't because I was more saddened that we have such an idiot running the nation.

22 hours ago, gameoverDude189 said:

It sure is. Trump totally misunderstands the word "great". 

When I heard his slogan for 2020 will be "Keep America Great", I almost laughed in ridicule.  Actually, I couldn't because I was more saddened that we have such an idiot running the nation.

It’s going to get worse because it doesn’t look like any effort is being put to impeach Trump out of office. 

Maybe in 2019 if we’re lucky. But then he’ll just get replaced by another asshole who doesn’t know what the fuck he’s doing. 

How did we fucking go from John F Kennedy and Martin Luther King Jr to this asshole? I bet you anything Trump doesn’t give two fucks about any American history.

At least Trump's chance of a 2020 reelection should be near-zero or at least horribly low.

I just hope third party candidates don't screw the Democrat challenger like last time.  I'm highly conflicted on 3rd parties- I am open to their ideas, but in 2016 I hated them for taking votes away from the one who could've kept Trump out of office.  I believe Jill Stein of that damn Green Party may have spoiled it for her, leaving Trump with enough advantage in many states.   Hillary may not have been a perfect alternative, but she'd be much better than Mr. Moronaire.  The guy with many dollars but zero sense.

I know I won't be voting for any independent or 3rd party in 2020.  So that leaves the Democrat challenger guaranteed to have my vote.

I think the Electoral College should be nixed, with the national popular vote deciding it.  To hell with 270 to win.  Hillary had the national vote lead but the old, antiquated, & senseless EC system blocked her. Why is the EC senseless? When you vote for POTUS, your vote should really be counted as a USA citizen, not as a Californian, Arizonan, or whatever state.  The EC system isn't fair because each party has certain states that they're virtually guaranteed to get.  A strictly national count would put both contenders on more even ground & force them to campaign in all 50 states.