This game is a joke right?

Tusked-Lattice

Just now, Sir_Bee said:

I can't tell if you are being deliberately ignorant ...

It is a remake of a game released 25 years ago.  On top of that, why do the mouths need to move?  Why is that an important quality in a game you play?

A very bad remake. 

Why shouldn't they move? Just a sign of how much they didn't care really.  

So, let's redirect this thread. I have hesitated to buy this, because I have read that this remake is indeed pretty bad. The mouths moving isn't so vital to me, but there seem to be technical defects as well.

I personally love Secret of Mana for the SNES, and hate when Square messes up a good thing (as they have done many times before, with many other re-releases). Adventures of Mana on the Vita was a pretty good title, so for those who have played - is Secret of Mana on PS4/Vita actually any good?

11 minutes ago, Tusked-Lattice said:

Like its a Square Enix troll right? 

Like someone who hates the mana franchise wanted to see if people would buy something so boring,simplistic, cheap and terrible? 

The mouths don't even move.

Whatever, dood.  It's a game, not RL.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Sir_Bee said:

Ok, you are entitled to your opinion.

I don't think that graphics, or voice acting, or animated mouths make a good game.  It sounds like this game isn't for you, and that is a shame, but there are many people who are happy to be able to play this game again, and I am one of the people who are happy to be able to play it for the first time.

Im right there with you Bee. Some of my favorite games have quirky art style graphics that are by no means leading edge with little to no voice acting at all. Those that dont appreciate these titles for what they are miss out on some of the best gaming moments to be had. To each there own i guess. :dunno:

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

This post is a joke, right?

Like its a Forum User troll right? 

Like someone who hates the game wanted to see if people would respond to something so reductive,hyperbolic, petty and ill-constructed? 

The sentences don't even have structure.

Haha, others won't catch it, but I see what you did there... ;)

This person has some pretty extreme views on what games are considered "garbage," so I wouldn't take this OP to heart.

Post not good, topic troll, yala yala.

But to be honest though, this is a pretty bad remake. Like, have you seen the Vita version? The PS4 pro version on the other hand runs really well, I have to say.

Edited by Swifty-Joker

Don't they have options to make it look and sound etc like the original game? So I don't get the issue with them re-releasing this gem, especially this way. This is what I wish they did with FF7, just put a little more effort into the re-make part perhaps.

1 minute ago, MMDE said:

Don't they have options to make it look and sound etc like the original game? So I don't get the issue with them re-releasing this gem, especially this way. This is what I wish they did with FF7, just put a little more effort into the re-make part perhaps.

Good point.  Guess they figured with the popularity it wouldn't matter, and they'd get a new group of people to play.

4 minutes ago, MMDE said:

You can toggle between old & new OST, but not the graphics as far as I know.

7 minutes ago, MMDE said:

Lol as if Square Enix of all game publishers would give you a free extra game when they can sell it to you later. 

As a troll myself, this topic is weak 3/10.

With that avatar you have you should know, Secret of Mana... See that retro game? It just works.

Mouths don't move when NPCS talk in Souls/Bloodborne. And many of us still love those games.

Edited by Super Sand Virginia
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Super Sand Virginia said:

As a troll myself, this topic is weak 3/10.

With that avatar you have you should know, Secret of Mana...it just works.

Mouths don't move when NPCS talk in Souls/Bloodborne. And many of us still love those games.

Damn Straight, realest Super Sand i've ever seen.

I'm still wondering why this thread was made, nobody actually cares about anyone's opinion IRL or on the IRL internet, yet if I post a video trying to help people it gets blocked and deleted by admins, what a deliciously terrible world I live in.

• Like 1

All right usually when I play a remake of a game I don't expect to look and play worse than the original but that's just me.

It's not like the game is even much cheaper than a full price title it should be like $15/£10 at this quality. 

I know if FF6 or something was remade like this there would be riots in the streets. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Tusked-Lattice said:

All right usually when I play a remake of a game I don't expect to look and play worse than the original but that's just me.

It's not like the game is even much cheaper than a full price title it should be like $15/£10 at this quality. 

I know if FF6 or something was remade like this there would be riots in the streets. 

There I can agree with you: $40 too much.

I loved secret of mana when i was younger and i absolutely love this remake. I love how it looks and how it plays. The mouths thing? Big deal, a non issue. The only thing im not overfussed on is the new soundtrack... i definitely prefer the original. I'm so happy this they remade this game!

On 3/9/2018 at 9:46 AM, Sir_Bee said:

Ok, you are entitled to your opinion.

I don't think that graphics, or voice acting, or animated mouths make a good game.  It sounds like this game isn't for you, and that is a shame, but there are many people who are happy to be able to play this game again, and I am one of the people who are happy to be able to play it for the first time.

That being said...I really wish they would have just left one of my favourite games alone :(

I mean instead of putting a half-ass attempt to "modernize" it and charge full price they could have just released the original game with online co-op and charged like 20$.

It was a lot of effort for a mediocre return that has a high price tag slapped on it.