This game is a joke right?

Tusked-Lattice

20 hours ago, kraven_15 said:

Record of agarest war, hyperdimension neptunia and whole lot of other jrpgs i can think of don't have moving mouths with their voice acting? I dont think this is something that should discredit a game

Those are cheaply made games that use a still anime images to express emotion. 

This is off putting because the cutscenes are otherwise fully animated in this so called "improved remake" and therefore is more notable, off putting and unquestionable laziness on the part of Square Enix. 

Does context not matter at all? 

Edited by Tusked-Lattice

Would you guys be happier without this release? I mean, if you don't want this release, go back and play the old version... I get that some would want the old version with trophies.

Was the game cheaply made? Probably. Was it better than nothing? Up to you! Some would definitely have preferred a straight port.

Edited by MMDE

3 hours ago, Tusked-Lattice said:

Those are cheaply made games that use a still anime images to express emotion. 

This is off putting because the cutscenes are otherwise fully animated in this so called "improved remake" and therefore is more notable, off putting and unquestionable laziness on the part of Square Enix. 

Does context not matter at all? 

As i said, this isn't an issue for me and i still don't see why people put so much emphasis on it. I think 'unquestionable laziness' is a bit dramatic though.

The remake fixes heaps of other stuff from the original... running doesn't reset your stamina, you can run any direction, attack any direction... all little things that make the game play better.

They didn't have to change that stuff, but they did... so i'd question your assessment of 'unquestionable laziness.'