Pursuit of Knowledge

GentleElf

For this trophy, do you need to start a new game after downloading the Royal Pack and then build the datalog from 0%? Based on how few people have gotten it I'm assuming you can't just get credit for stuff you've collected on an older file.

You don't have to start a new game but you do have to build the datalog from 0%. Be aware though, you need to replay some chapters via chapter select. DON'T overwrite your postgame savefile with a chapter select savefile as it will wipe all quest process and reset the entire map. Because you need to go into menacing dungeons for the trophy. I learned that the hard way and had to do Costlemark Tower, Balouve Mines, Daurell Caverns, Crestholm Channels dungeons, a couple of Regalia upgrade quests and open up the entire map again which took hours. Do everything you can in chapter 15 first, than do chapter select for the remaining entries. I was thinking of making a little guide for this but it's easier to just post a link to everything you need to know for this trophy.

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/final-fantasy-xv/324109-royal-pack-datalog-locations.html

I would like to add that this is a terrible trophy design for people who already 100% the game prior to the Royal Pack. Actually the whole Royal Pack is a joke and absolutely not worth the money.

Edited by BB-BakkerJ
Added some stuff
  • Like 3

Oh god, I expected the trophy just to pop since I had done everything in the game before the Royal Pack. I guess not.

From reading that PS3T post, it seems that you need 76 entries for the trophy and you can get 65 without chapter select if you're in post-game. Looks like we'll have to redo some menace dungeons too.

Edited by Pokedude97

10 hours ago, Pokedude97 said:

Oh god, I expected the trophy just to pop since I had done everything in the game before the Royal Pack. I guess not.

From reading that PS3T post, it seems that you need 76 entries for the trophy and you can get 65 without chapter select if you're in post-game. Looks like we'll have to redo some menace dungeons too.

You need about 7 monolith entries if you get everything else. I chose Steyliff Grove menacing dungeon and took me 2 hours to get 9 monoliths. Just remember to do everything in postgame first before going into chapter select and you'll be fine.

On ‎2018‎-‎03‎-‎09 at 1:12 PM, BB-BakkerJ said:

You don't have to start a new game but you do have to build the datalog from 0%. Be aware though, you need to replay some chapters via chapter select. DON'T overwrite your postgame savefile with a chapter select savefile as it will wipe all quest process and reset the entire map. Because you need to go into menacing dungeons for the trophy. I learned that the hard way and had to do Costlemark Tower, Balouve Mines, Daurell Caverns, Crestholm Channels dungeons, a couple of Regalia upgrade quests and open up the entire map again which took hours. Do everything you can in chapter 15 first, than do chapter select for the remaining entries. I was thinking of making a little guide for this but it's easier to just post a link to everything you need to know for this trophy.

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/final-fantasy-xv/324109-royal-pack-datalog-locations.html

I would like to add that this is a terrible trophy design for people who already 100% the game prior to the Royal Pack. Actually the whole Royal Pack is a joke and absolutely not worth the money.

Thanks for the info. I agree that this whole Royal Pack DLC is a joke. An overpriced joke, at that.

• Like 1

Back up to 100% - I ended up redoing all the menace dungeons so I only had to replay a tiny bit of Ch 10, 12, and 14. I was able to totally avoid Ch 13.

I don't think the Royal Pack is a joke, it added like 5 new really cool bosses and made the ending way better. Sure it's a little overpriced and should've been in the base game, but it was good new content and I got probably 8 hours out of it.

Edited by Pokedude97