Days Gone [April 26, 2019]

Ghost

12 hours ago, TJ_Solo said:

Why can't the special thing just be that it's fun to play? Well they have been promoting several hooks that are why we are talking about it but let's pretend gaming is about metacritic scores now instead of personal enjoyment.

I didn't say that couldn't be its special thing? Based off what I've seen, I'm just saying that I hope the story is good because I haven't been impressed by what I've seen in terms of gameplay. If it turns out to be fun to play, then great, it should be an enjoyable game even if the story isn't its strongest point. Lastly, I just made a guess at how the game will be received because I felt like it. How you think I meant that its scores were more important than personal enjoyment is way beyond me...

12 hours ago, TJ_Solo said:

You mean the stuff that bothered is the fact they built a video game using standard practices(red barrels explode) and level design? Makes sense.

Not my comment you're responding to here, but I think it's lazy game design to just randomly leave explosive barrels everywhere. I can see how that can a point of criticism. Not a very serious one that should single-handedly ruin the experience, sure. But it's a reasonable critique nonetheless.

14 hours ago, DizzyDavidson said:

Well I'm still excited about this game but I wish the CE was a bit cheaper. I would have happily spent $100 on it, $140 however might be a bit too much for me. I'll have to think about that. Some sweet stuff in there tho.

Excited too. I had to hold back my impulse purchase of this CE though since it's $200 in Canada. 

I'm only paying $40 for the regular so I think I'll just stick with that.

Not my comment you're responding to here, but I think it's lazy game design to just randomly leave explosive barrels everywhere. I can see how that can a point of criticism. Not a very serious one that should single-handedly ruin the experience, sure. But it's a reasonable critique nonetheless.

Its what you think but your opinion doesn't change the fact part of level design is based around player behavior and our fundamental expectations of set-pieces. 

As critiques go it comes off as more jaded than reasonable. 

I am about to start learning unity and run through several courses. I can't fathom why a convention that works should be seen as lazy. A particular crowd is vocal about wanting new, unique and never-before-seen things in games but yet here we are still with explosive red barrels, yellow handrails, near infinite bags of holding in games. Good luck with that magical game that totally subverts tradition.

Lastly, I just made a guess at how the game will be received because I felt like it. How you think I meant that its scores were more important than personal enjoyment is way beyond me..

And I merely commented on obsessive mentality some have with scores and the odder need to predict opinions other than your own. 

Edited by TJ_Solo
  • Like 1

On 1/22/2019 at 0:13 AM, IntroPhenom said:

I foresee this as a freebie some month down the road.

It's a looooooooooooong way down the road, even The Order 1886 hasn't been a "freebie"... yet, but it's been quite cheap on PlayStation Store one of these days. :D

• Like 1

This new video, titled ‘Riding The Broken Road’ focuses on travel through the game’s Freaker-filled open world, and how your trusty drifter bike can be a lifesaver… if you take good care of it.

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 1

This game may end up being good, but i'll wait for a good while and a cheap sale before i pull the trigger.  I'd rather play Division 2 and Metro Exodus and wait on this.  I can tell obviously by looking at the game play of this it isn't anything near the quality of what we see in the last of us 2 gameplay at E3 for anybody trying to make that comparison.  I watched a video of a guy playing at a demo event and the sequence where you lure the freakers through explosive barrel traps that looked so fluid in the trailers and dev demos was very hard to pull off and the exact opposite of fluid.  It looked like bit of a mess to be honest.  Now I think back to when I watched Spiderman demos and trailers the sequence with the helicopter.  I remember thinking if that plays as fluid as the demo it will be a great game.  I didn't think it was possible but it was and that was a great experience. My exceptions for this are a bit lower than all the other PS exclusives we have seen so far.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In a Days Gone storyline called “I Remember,” Deacon attempts to deal with his tragic past. Long before a global pandemic killed the world – turning the Pacific Northwest into a terrifying no-man’s land of Freakers, Marauders and those just struggling to survive – the Farewell Wilderness set the stage for an unlikely romance between an outlaw biker and an extraordinary young woman from Seattle.

Playstation Blog

On 1/21/2019 at 11:05 AM, snakebit10 said:

Of all the recent Sony exclusives this is one I still ain't sure about. I'll play it at some point and time but not right away. 

Yup.  The couple latest videos make me want to preorder but I'm still unsure.  I think I'll wait for reviews and also wanna see the trophy list.  If it's all good and the trophies aren't a pain, I'll preorder 1-2 days before or else I'll buy on sale later.

31 minutes ago, Vizard-Ichigo-- said:

Yup.  The couple latest videos make me want to preorder but I'm still unsure.  I think I'll wait for reviews and also wanna see the trophy list.  If it's all good and the trophies aren't a pain, I'll preorder 1-2 days before or else I'll buy on sale later.

Giving the recent SOny exclusives the trophies might not be to demanding.

12 hours ago, snakebit10 said:

Giving the recent SOny exclusives the trophies might not be to demanding.

True and I hope they stay that way forever.  HZD, BB, GOW4, etc are the perfect example of how to do trophy lists + their respective DLC list are simple too.

• Like 1

I was really excited for this game when it was announced at E3 a couple of years ago but it's sort of fell off my radar since all the delays. I'm still definitely going to get it but I don't think it'll be a day one purchase for me. I'll probably still be playing Metro and New Dawn when it releases.

1 hour ago, Vizard-Ichigo-- said:

True and I hope they stay that way forever.  HZD, BB, GOW4, etc are the perfect example of how to do trophy lists + their respective DLC list are simple too.

Don't forget Spider Man. I wonder what the Last of Us 2 list will be like.

Anyways Days Gone looks decent but I still think I will wait. 

28 minutes ago, snakebit10 said:

I think Last of Us 2 will be a challenging but relatively easy platinum, much like the first. 

However I think they will add DLC that will make getting 100% near impossible, a la the Uncharted games.

2 hours ago, snakebit10 said:

Yeah Spider-Man list was great too.  I'm expecting TLOUp2 list to be like the first game or easier.  Knowing ND, they'll fuck our % with garbage DLC trophies that are build with predatory practices in mind.

• 2 weeks later...