Days Gone [April 26, 2019]

Ghost

I was looking forward to this game. Hopefully all this delay only means it'll be great next year. But honestly I actually too forgot this existed.

The other week one of the members of PSNP posted here a roundup video of things to come on Playstation and it reminded me of this game. Probably will forget about it again soon, besides the fall will belong to RDR2, so maybe a bit of look ahead on the developers' part.

• Like 1

Apparently I'm one of the few people who actually remembered this game exists. :P

The delay doesn't bother me in the slightest. I just hope they don't release it close to The Last of Us Part 2 since they're quite similar and I wouldn't want to see this game get overlooked.

• Like 3

Aw man, I was looking forward to it. Still am but it seems a hell of a delay so early into the year.

Oh well, regardless I'm looking forward to it whenever it decides to come out. It'll still get a day one patch, day one DLC and everything else though even though it's taking that long. :( 

• Like 1

Im fine with it beeing delayed. We still have some games that look promising releasing this year. Detroit Become Human, God of War 4 New Beginings, Red Dead Redemption 2, Yakuza 6, Dark Souls Remastered and Spider-Man.

So next year will also be good with The Last of Us Part 2, Ghost of Tsushima, Days Gone.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Well that's just great isn't it? I was looking forward to getting this over Ellie simulator 2 but I guess I can't get what I want, can I? I was even going to pre order but now I'll wait until next year. Then again I have many alternatives to play to get my zombie fix in the mean time. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, silnev said:

Well that's just great isn't it? I was looking forward to getting this over Ellie simulator 2 but I guess I can't get what I want, can I? I was even going to pre order but now I'll wait until next year. Then again I have many alternatives to play to get my zombie fix in the mean time. 

This game is going to be great no doubt about That but I don't understand why you are taking a shot at tlou 2. For one these are going to be completely different games and second nothing is going to come close to the masterpiece that the last of us 2 is going to be it's literally in a different stratosphere then anything else.

• Like 2

I'm honestly Glad for this. A lot of games will already come out the last months of this year anyway, and more times mean a better work on the game for a better experience and not like half of the games nowadays where you have to wait some Day one patch because of massive problems or DLCs are announced even before the game is out and comes out with it....

The game Looked great last year and i'm sure either at E3 or Sony experience in december we'll see more.

Edited by Sora9427
  • Like 1

Reading and watching some of the exclusive Game Informer coverage, I'm finding that Days Gone reminds me somewhat of Silent Hill (PS1) - because of how they're emphasizing that the gamer will constantly feel under threat and all that other stuff about resources and exploring the world. Haven't played a game like that in a long time. Not even Far Cry 3 or its sequel inspired that kind of survival heckling, for me.

Edited by Eraezr
  • Like 1

Don’t quite see how one would come to the conclusion of this game being too similar to GOW in particular but whatever. 

I feel like this game has suffered quite a lot from being revealed much too soon, to the point where lots of people are already starting to forget about it. I also doubt if showing it off at E3 for the third time in a row will generate all that much hype. That being said, i do find some of the things this game does on a technical level to be quite fascinating, especially in instances where there’s large amounts of zombies on the screen simultaneously. Probably won’t be buying it though as nothing the game does beyond that really appeals to my personal taste.

Edited by Happy
  • Like 1

Premature announcements, overly optimistic release windows and subsequent delays can be frustrating but so long as the game is good when it eventually comes out I won't mind. We'll all remember it when a definite release window is upon us. In the meantime, I'm not gonna pretend like it's the only game in the world. I can wait, my backlog is huge enough as it is.

• Like 1

On 3/9/2018 at 1:21 PM, Undead Wolf said:

Apparently I'm one of the few people who actually remembered this game exists. :P

The delay doesn't bother me in the slightest. I just hope they don't release it close to The Last of Us Part 2 since they're quite similar and I wouldn't want to see this game get overlooked.

They’re nothing alike....

One is a sandbox zombie apocalypse motorcycle road trip and the other is a linear cinematic story driven survival game about the human condition.

• Like 1