Days Gone [April 26, 2019]

Ghost

*reads topic

Me: duh

19 minutes ago, closertim said:

Is it me or does this game look boring as fuck?.  Like a half assed last of us.  

I wouldn't go as far to compare it with anything else but aside from the "it has many zombies at the same time" it hasn't showed anything interesting yet, TBH. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Brian Altano sits down with Eric Jensen of Sony Bend to talk through the combat systems and mechanics involved in taking down hordes of Freakers.

17 hours ago, Ghost said:
Brian Altano sits down with Eric Jensen of Sony Bend to talk through the combat systems and mechanics involved in taking down hordes of Freakers.

It looks pretty nice, the only thing that bothered me was the obvious unrealistic set up with all the barrels and cointainers which looked all the same (narrow openings to delay the horde). I understand this is what you need to use to kill them all, but just felt unrealistic how, from an apocalyptic point of view, everything that was left behind is perfectly set up for this one moment to take down a huge horde. 

I shouldn't care about this lol. 

I was once pretty excited for this but now I just don't know. It looks decent enough to play, but otherwise nothing that special. Hopefully the story side of it will be good because it doesn't look too impressive in terms of gameplay or visuals. I'd like for this game to do well, of course. But I'm going in with lowered expectations and hopefully enjoy it enough. As of now I'm predicting a Metacritic rating in the low 70's.

14 minutes ago, Jay_Cash said:

I was once pretty excited for this but now I just don't know. It looks decent enough to play, but otherwise nothing that special. Hopefully the story side of it will be good because it doesn't look too impressive in terms of gameplay or visuals. I'd like for this game to do well, of course. But I'm going in with lowered expectations and hopefully enjoy it enough. As of now I'm predicting a Metacritic rating in the low 70's.

Why can't the special thing just be that it's fun to play? Well they have been promoting several hooks that are why we are talking about it but let's pretend gaming is about metacritic scores now instead of personal enjoyment.

1 hour ago, Erkawest said:

It looks pretty nice, the only thing that bothered me was the obvious unrealistic set up with all the barrels and cointainers which looked all the same (narrow openings to delay the horde). I understand this is what you need to use to kill them all, but just felt unrealistic how, from an apocalyptic point of view, everything that was left behind is perfectly set up for this one moment to take down a huge horde. 

I shouldn't care about this lol. 

You mean the stuff that bothered is the fact they built a video game using standard practices(red barrels explode) and level design? Makes sense.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TJ_Solo said:

You mean the stuff that bothered is the fact they built a video game using standard practices(red barrels explode) and level design? Makes sense.

Immediately when I saw that you had quoted me I knew it was going to be a lousy non-contributing negative comment before I entered this thread. Do you always have to be negative towards everybody in this forum if you disagree with someone's opinions? 

Level design yes, but it could be made so it looks more unique and natural, not 2-3x copypasted containers with the exact same function. I'm just saying the doors could be different or by using other obstacles. Like what even you and the guy above are saying, it is standard/nothing special, so I'm just asking for the level design to be more unique. I will probably buy the game anyways since it's not a big deal to me, just a personal first thought.

You were part of the reason the Anthem thread got locked so please... Leave this thread if you don't plan on maintaining respect towards others. Also don't reply back to me with negative sarcastic comments because I won't fuel the fire you're trying to start.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jay_Cash said:

I ended up cancelling my preorder, which meant losing out on having it cost only $60 CAD. I just am not feeling it, and with no difficulty options... I don't feel up for even trying. If it's too frustrating, I usually end up dropping a game. Unless i can drop the difficulty down so I can focus on *having fun*. And nothing about this looked like it would be something where I was missing out on. Story doesn't look that great from what they've shown. Not big on the character designs. Gameplay looks serviceable, but that's hardly something to build up hype with.