Is there another way to play uncensored version of the game other then NA version?

So played this on PC and loved it. Decided to plat it on PS4 but i refuse to play a censored version of the game.

Is there any other way to get an uncensored copy other then using a NA account?

I have a NA account but can't bother getting gift cards since that is the only way for me to buy from the NA store. 

Can i order from Amazon in the US for example?

Console aren't region locked anymore or am i mistaken?

1 minute ago, Lorajet said:

Love that game uncensored!  That damn Al Gore really spammed my FB page!

Yeah even though i know what happens in the censored scenes i want to be able to see it. Some of the funniest moments are the censored scenes.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Phil said:

I'm almost positive customs will catch that. Unless your customs department isn't so thorough. I had a buddy in Australia tell me he had a friend send him a game that was banned and customs didn't let it through. Now banned and censored are definitely two different things, so you might get lucky.

Customs shouldn't even be looking at it. Why would they check a package where the customs form just says it's a video game unless the drugs dog thinks there is drugs in it?

8 minutes ago, MarkusT1992 said:

There are these two:

maxresdefault.jpg

1660681.jpg

The first is for the Australian version, the second for the European. The text depends on the sceen you would play.

I've been traumatized!!!   That is so funny!  Thanks for the screen shots!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Lorajet said:

I've been traumatized!!!   That is so funny!  Thanks for the screen shots!

Yeah i gotta give them props for atleast making the censor screens funny while still descibing the scene you are missing out on.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kapika96 said:

Customs shouldn't even be looking at it. Why would they check a package where the customs form just says it's a video game unless the drugs dog thinks there is drugs in it?

If you are in a country that heavily censors games and the custom slip says that's what's in it, you bet your bottom they'll open it. The US has some of the more relaxed customs department for consumers and it happens to us all the time. They have the right to open all packages for any reason they see fit. They don't need a warrant or a police dog. 

If you need to look it up, google: Section 16 of the Customs & Excise Act

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Phil said:

If you are in a country that heavily censors games and the custom slip says that's what's in it, you bet your bottom they'll open it. The US has some of the more relaxed customs department for consumers and it happens to us all the time. They have the right to open all packages for any reason they see fit. They don't need a warrant or a police dog. 

I live in Sweden so i dont think customs here are very strict at all. And if they are im only out 21 bucks. 

On 10/03/2018 at 9:02 AM, Phil said:

They do not need a warrant or police dog, no. But they do have better uses of their time than opening up video games, at least in countries that do not censor everything like China anyway...

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/9/2018 at 11:49 AM, Kapika96 said:

On 3/9/2018 at 3:02 PM, Phil said:

This is true. I knew someone in Australia too (PSN wise, not personally) and they had Mortal Kombat 9 confiscated when Customs opened the package. I think he got fined too but he hasn't been online in a year or so or else I would confirm. That is on the extreme side of things though and I don't think the OP's country, Sweden, would take it that far.

Edited by skateak

• 3 months later...
On 24.3.2018 at 6:19 AM, NutellaOrgies said:

Has a PlayStation console ever been region locked? 

Yes, both PS1 and PS2 are definitely region locked. Mod chips were a thing back then. PS3 had the capability of region lock, too, but it was barely ever used, only for one or two games afaik. DVDs and BDs (films) are region locked.

PS4 is region locked only for DVDs and BDs (films).

All of the above in regard to physical media.

• Like 1