big_bob002

Story questions. Spoilers.

3 posts in this topic

I get most of what happened. Human Adam created an AI version of himself but got scared when he realized how dangerous it was. 

Human Adam created a virus that was I guess a twisted version of his father (?) and it sent it after AI Adam. In turn AI Adam somehow contacted Viktor and sent him to kill human Adam, but Viktor went insane and killed Helena, Amir, the doctor, and tries to kill the player. 

I also got the part about the main character Dan's wife got sick and augmentation could've saved her but he convinced her it wasn't worth it and she died. Which is why human Adam resented his father.

Then there were some scenes near the end that seemed to indicate Dan got augmentation to save his own life and Adam found that ironic given how his mother died. Yet every time we see Dan in the game he doesn't have augmentation? 

I think the idea is the creepy Resident Evil Tyrant clone was supposed to be Dan but was it just a metaphor? If the Tyrant form of Dan was a computer virus how did it get into the real world?

I suppose it could be that after Dan gets into that pod the rest of the game is in a digital world. Although that conflicts with Adam saying to go to the next building in the real world to remove the lock down.

My understanding of what happened to Dan was 

Spoiler

that he did get augmented, and that's how he became an Observer.  I think the augmentation just isn't as noticeable, plus his implant(s) would be maintained better than most others we see in the game, since he's an "upper class" citizen and a cop.  At the very least you can see the circuitry under his skin on his fingers.

This was especially why Adam hated him, because he felt his father was a hypocrite.  But Adam didn't know that his mother had made Dan promise that he would watch after their son no matter what it takes, which were the only words he could get out after his accident and were taken as merely his agreement to the augmentation procedure.

If I remember it correctly, Adam did say something about Dan being in the pod the whole time at the end, and that it was just another way he tricked his father into doing what he wanted.

I'm doing another playthrough now, though, so maybe I'll pick up on something differently this time.

Thanks.  I'm interested if you pick up anything else on this playthrough. 

I could always listen to a couple of let's plays at work too.