Tempered Kirin, Large Crown

Anyone else having massive trouble like me for getting this crown? Honestly, i know the exact size and im sure i already reached it 1-2 times but ffs, i still cant get a golden crown from it.

using 1 tempered investigation over & over via cloud data but it doesnt seem to help at all.

its the only crown im missing and im trying it for over 3 days, several hours each. this is SO frustrating to deal with, i even start to think its bugged or smth >:

4 hours ago, Niiiggl said:

Anyone else having massive trouble like me for getting this crown? Honestly, i know the exact size and im sure i already reached it 1-2 times but ffs, i still cant get a golden crown from it.

using 1 tempered investigation over & over via cloud data but it doesnt seem to help at all.

its the only crown im missing and im trying it for over 3 days, several hours each. this is SO frustrating to deal with, i even start to think its bugged or smth >:

You can use regular investigations too, no need for it to be a tempered. Check page 26 or something in crown guide thread, I posted a picture of large kirin

I would join high reward Kirin investigations bc I don't think people fight Kirin for fun. When I was hunting mine I didn't fire an SOS until I measured him and thought he was crown size. So I ended up getting both my Kirin crowns and I've only killed 8 of them. Now if I could just find a giant dodogama and lavasioth.

25 minutes ago, cjl73185 said:

I would join high reward Kirin investigations bc I don't think people fight Kirin for fun. When I was hunting mine I didn't fire an SOS until I measured him and thought he was crown size. So I ended up getting both my Kirin crowns and I've only killed 8 of them. Now if I could just find a giant dodogama and lavasioth.

Well your lucky you didn't fire the sos and then your team mates cart losing you the crown ? 

Funny how lucky I am with some monsters and awful with others. I got both small and large of Kirin within 13 kills. I'm on my last one for the plat which is Lavasioth and right now I'm at 112 kills/capture. 

Kirin is very easy to notice a large one unlike lavasioth. 

Edited by Mah2c

On 3/9/2018 at 10:06 PM, Niiiggl said:

Here you go. This is during a regular investigation 

9 hours ago, A_B_Y_S_S_1 said:

Here you go. This is during a regular investigation 

Abyss, you are doing a better job now showing how to spot a large one in your videos before you attack it. Those previous videos didn't help much but keep it up!

• 1 month later...

I honestly think this crown is bugged. I have killed Kirin about 110 times, and I have also measured him and abandoned investigations more than 100 times now. In many cases he appeared to be equal in size or even larger than the ones shown in the videos, and yet after getting the silver crown very early on I still haven't earned gold, and it's the only one left for me. I even have miniature and large for all the other Elders, and both Deviljho crowns too.

Edited by Elnagos
grammar

2 hours ago, Elnagos said:

I honestly think this crown is bugged. I have killed Kirin about 110 times, and I have also measured him and abandoned investigations more than 100 times now. In many cases he appeared to be equal in size or even larger than the ones shown in the videos, and yet after getting the silver crown very early on I still haven't earned gold, and it's the only one left for me. I even have miniature and large for all the other Elders, and both Deviljho crowns too.

I got the large crown yesterday, so i can confirm that is not bugged. It was from Bronze - Silver - Gold investigation - 5 tries with 3 deaths (30 min).

34 minutes ago, KressinGames said:

I got the large crown yesterday, so i can confirm that is not bugged. It was from Bronze - Silver - Gold investigation - 5 tries with 3 deaths (30 min).

Maybe getting the Deviljho large crown first bugs it, since he was a later addition. I don't know. All I know is that I've tried finding large Kirin hundreds of times and so far I haven't succeeded. Thanks for the info though!

I had the same problem with getting a Giant Kirin to spawn using a tempered investigation over and over.. I eventually saw something on Reddit which said that there's a secondary RNG which determines the exact number of the monster on top of the RNG that determines how big the monster appears when you see it. the RNG is slightly different when it comes to fighting tempered monsters, they might look absolutely huge but they likely won't give you anything.. I'd recommend getting a silver, silver, gold reward investigation and farming that instead.

Edited by SlimSanta94
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, SlimSanta94 said:

I had the same problem with getting a Giant Kirin to spawn using a tempered investigation over and over.. I eventually saw something on Reddit which said that there's a secondary RNG which determines the exact number of the monster on top of the RNG that determines how big the monster appears when you see it. the RNG is slightly different when it comes to fighting tempered monsters, they might look absolutely huge but they likely won't give you anything.. I'd recommend getting a silver, silver, gold reward investigation and farming that instead.

That would explain a lot! Thank you.

I've killed Kirin 134 times so far, most of them after measuring him (head of my character below his belly on flat ground), and still nothing. I insist it might be a bug of some sort, and it has actually made me mentally exhausted because it's the only crown left before the platinum and I just can't get it...

Edited by Elnagos

https://s31.postimg.cc/y0zepywbf/32169054_10156485274219175_6768318930315378688_o.jpg

https://s31.postimg.cc/xo80jxqy3/32104857_10156485275059175_8555663463102283776_o.jpg

Here are two images of the last Kirin I killed, and I'm certain I've killed at least 5 more of similar size before. Not only I don't get gold crown, but silver crown, which I gained very early on in the game, doesn't get updated either. Can anyone see those images and confirm that there's something wrong going on here?

12 minutes ago, Elnagos said:

https://s31.postimg.cc/y0zepywbf/32169054_10156485274219175_6768318930315378688_o.jpg

https://s31.postimg.cc/xo80jxqy3/32104857_10156485275059175_8555663463102283776_o.jpg

Here are two images of the last Kirin I killed, and I'm certain I've killed at least 5 more of similar size before. Not only I don't get gold crown, but silver crown, which I gained very early on in the game, doesn't get updated either. Can anyone see those images and confirm that there's something wrong going on here?

This was my giant Kirin, I measured him before engaging. I won't be surprised if the game selects a random monsters to gives us trouble. I got both crowns within 16 kills and had major trouble with lavasioth and girros for example, also I got the plat before the events so I had to do the usual investigations and was annoying. 

Mah2c I've already watched your video for comparison, and I always measure them before engaging too. :)

I think some of the Kirins I've even killed are even bigger than yours, but I can't say for sure. The belly of the one I just killed was way above my character's head. Who knows, maybe the differences are very subtle and I've been unlucky, I'll keep farming as usual!

12 minutes ago, Mah2c said:

This was my giant Kirin, I measured him before engaging. I won't be surprised if the game selects a random monsters to gives us trouble. I got both crowns within 16 kills and had major trouble with lavasioth and girros for example, also I got the plat before the events so I had to do the usual investigations and was annoying. 

Mah2c I've already watched your video for comparison, and I always measure them before engaging too. :)

I think some of the Kirins I've even killed are even bigger than yours, but I can't say for sure. The belly of the one I just killed was way above my character's head. Who knows, maybe the differences are very subtle and I've been unlucky, I'll keep farming as usual!

Sorry about the sloppy post btw, I'm new to forums!

• Like 1

Update: I finally got platinum. The Kirin that gave me the gold crown wasn't visibly larger than some of the others I had already killed, so the margin between silver and gold must be really small, and I was just very unlucky. Thanks to every person that replied and tried to help!

• Like 1

On 10/05/2018 at 9:09 PM, Elnagos said:

Update: I finally got platinum. The Kirin that gave me the gold crown wasn't visibly larger than some of the others I had already killed, so the margin between silver and gold must be really small, and I was just very unlucky. Thanks to every person that replied and tried to help!

Congratulations :D welcome to the team 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 3/10/2018 at 0:58 PM, Mah2c said:

Funny how lucky I am with some monsters and awful with others. I got both small and large of Kirin within 13 kills. I'm on my last one for the plat which is Lavasioth and right now I'm at 112 kills/capture. 

Kirin is very easy to notice a large one unlike lavasioth. 

I love being a few meters from a gold kirin crown. ?

I know how you feel. I found my Large Golden Kirin Crown in an 15 Minutes Tempered Investigation, he was huge. Now I have all golden crowns. My time for all golden crowns: 287 hours and 9 month. Now the boring Arena Quest Grinding and the Platinum will be mine.

Edited by Sega-Ryudo

8 hours ago, Zach said:

I love being a few meters from a gold kirin crown. 1f612.png

I feel you mate, thankfully Kirin came quickly for me, I got both of my crowns for him between 5 rounds believe it not.

On the other hand, Lavasioth and great girros took me more than 100 attempts, I got the platinum before those events became available, was a pain.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mah2c said:

I feel you mate, thankfully Kirin came quickly for me, I got both of my crowns for him between 5 rounds believe it not.

On the other hand, Lavasioth and great girros took me more than 100 attempts, I got the platinum before those events became available, was a pain.

Nergigante and Teostra came quickly for me. Kirin and Kushala Daora are being rude to me. ?

Edited by Zach

14 hours ago, Zach said:

Nergigante and Teostra came quickly for me. Kirin and Kushala Daora are being rude to me. 1f612.png

Yeah, I think the game picks a monster to give us trouble, lol.

Be glad you have those events trough, the trophy became so much easier, you basically need only to grind the elders and black Diablos. Make sure you're trying those potential missions and I'm pretty sure they will come soon enough. 

• Like 1