Anyone else hate Daylight Saving Time?

RadiantFlamberge

What do you think about Daylight Saving Time?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Love it or Hate it?

• Love it!
    • Hate it!

Doesn't really bother me that much. I'll close my bunker anyways, put on some led lights and keep on gaming.

For work I hate it though as I like to drive in the dark (I wake up around 06:00am). I usually wake up really relaxed when the sun comes up when I'm at work.

5 hours ago, gameoverDude189 said:

It sucks both ways.  In the morning, DST means an extra hour of colder temperatures & maybe even frost during my waking hours in March & early April.  Brrr, brrr, brrr.

Jamaica & many other Caribbean countries/territories don't have DST at all.  If they don't need it, we sure don't either. 

The sun setting earlier can be a great relief if the day's high is 95+, which for me is where it starts to get too hot.

I like Winter though, so happy for the cold. 

They're always hot so why change the time lol.

Yeah when it's that hot, definitely want the sun gone an hour earlier.

I find it annoying having to change all my house clocks and watches, but sleep wise it does not bother me as it's only an hour. However, it does get annoying when travelling or if you have friends abroad and trying to figure out it its +4 or +5 hours etc. depending on DST... I just want long bright evenings, I hate it getting dark at like 4pm in winter because of DST trying to brighten mornings. Who cares about mornings! 

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

I've come around on DST, actually. Now I wish they'd lock it in. If "fall back" were eliminated, you wouldn't lose the hour since a permanent DST means there'd be no more need to "spring forward". Having it not go dark until 9 PM is something I appreciate more now. In winter, the days are too short with it getting dark at 5 PM, and delaying nightfall by one hour would be nice.