Best method for grinding Golden Baku

brex36

Basically the only trophy I have left besides getting the golden baku is spending the rest of my policy points. I have been grinding delivery quests for HOURS, probably days worth, getting every normal chest, shiny object, and TP chest I see. Somehow I still haven't gotten that thing. I have opened well over 1000 chests.

How many chests did you all have to open before it appeared for you? Is there a better method to grind it than running delivery quests? I'm hoping that IS a legitimate way to obtain it. I tried doing travel quests a bit, since I had seen a lot of people found on in those, but its a lot more tedious since you have to complete battles to get TP to open the chests.

Anybody have any advice?

15 hours ago, brex36 said:

Basically the only trophy I have left besides getting the golden baku is spending the rest of my policy points. I have been grinding delivery quests for HOURS, probably days worth, getting every normal chest, shiny object, and TP chest I see. Somehow I still haven't gotten that thing. I have opened well over 1000 chests.

How many chests did you all have to open before it appeared for you? Is there a better method to grind it than running delivery quests? I'm hoping that IS a legitimate way to obtain it. I tried doing travel quests a bit, since I had seen a lot of people found on in those, but its a lot more tedious since you have to complete battles to get TP to open the chests.

Anybody have any advice?

Don't think there's a way, just luck. 

40 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

I got it from one of the TP chests in Eclise on my first visit during a Travel Quest. Still no luck with obtaining Short Sight after almost 85 hours though.

The only way to obtain Short Sight is visiting the Castle to get your reward. If you go there after walk 500 steps on a quest, you reward always will be a support skill. And man, this helps a lot. :)

P.S: sorry, my english sucks. ;)

8 minutes ago, Evildead_br said:

The only way to obtain Short Sight is visiting the Castle to get your reward. If you go there after walk 500 steps on a quest, you reward always will be a support skill. And man, this helps a lot. :)

P.S: sorry, my english sucks. ;)

Yeah, I've been doing 500 steps (or rather 13 random events, those are much easier to keep track of) and returning to the palace.

So I did some more searching and saw a lot of different people saying they got it in Eclise. I went to Eclise and it was in the third 3 TP chest that I opened. I don't know if its a guaranteed drop there or a very high percentage or just an extremely good coincidence but thought I would follow up in case it helps someone else in the future!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I too was very lucky in that I found both Short Sights and the Baku before I even knew that I needed to care about them. 

The grind for me will be Mercenary S Rank. I have completed the vast majority of the trophies, and am only rank D. Not looking forward to somehow grinding that out.

• 1 year later...
On 3/28/2018 at 0:13 AM, peire1985 said:

I can confirm i found this just now in eclise in a TP chest on the left sideof the map near the bottom here are some images.

wlMNo03.jpg

UcbiZAs.jpg

0TqCosy.jpg

6Alc7WN.jpg

I also got the golden baka statue from this exact same chest on my first try in Eclise. Should the guide be updated to also mention this chest, besides just mentioning Eclise? @acasser @Dragon-Archon

4 minutes ago, Milktastrophe said:

I also got the golden baka statue from this exact same chest on my first try in Eclise. Should the guide be updated to also mention this chest, besides just mentioning Eclise? @acasser @Dragon-Archon

I don't remember which TP chest I got it from, but sure I can add a note about it in the guide.

• 2 months later...