How to beat Omega (Royal Pack)

QuentinCle95

Here are my stats & strats:

Everyone's level 99. Noct's got only Royal Arms equipped, and the item that upgrades Armiger. All of the companions have equipped weapons that don't deal holy damage.

The fight: I constantly warp-strike the antenna until Omega shortcircuits. I get away from the area, use a Mega Phoenix since everybody else got caught in the red AoE and immediately use Ignis' Overwhelm. Once that's over, I use the upgraded Armiger until I lose all my HP. (I just hold circle, though it doesn't seem to do much more than original Armiger.) Then, I do a second Overwhelm, after which he goes back to the invincible state. Rinse and repeat, with many potions and elixirs in between. 

I did this for about 45 minutes, and it still had approximately 95% of his health by the end. Which is ridiculous. 

So, why is it going so horribly? Anyone know what I'm doing wrong, have any suggestions, tell me what they did, etc? Anything would be helpful. 

Omega seems to be build to use your Armiger Unleased to the fullest, but I also had a lot of problems fighting him.

I did it however with this strategy (copied from Reddit):

1. Equip Prompto with the Clever sigil (Talisman of the Clever) and whatever else you have to boost his strength, also equip Noct with Tech Turbocharger.

2. Character switch to Prompto, begin luring Omega down to the lower right side of the battle arena and let the other bros die.

3. Stand in the area with the rubble and building overhang, and you'll notice Omega can't reach you anymore. Get in a comfortable position and start unloading on his Antenna with the SMG. It's very easy to dodge Omega's laser and other long range attacks from this position. When Omega goes Berserk, continue to use the SMG on it's body and eye, and if it turns around while stampeding, launch a Trigger Happy its way for some SERIOUS blindside damage.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFXV/comments/83en8f/super_easy_omega_strategy_spoilers/

The fight took around 1.5 hours until I was finished, and the strategy is very cheap, but it was still fun and I still died several times when not dodging his lasers correctly.

• Like 2

I beat him in 10-15 minutes also at lvl 99 and this was my strategy:

You have to have the upgraded armiger.

Weapons equiped: Swords of the Wanderer as my main weapon, Sword of the Father, Axe of the Conquerer and most important Ulric's Kulkriks.

Gear equiped: Dark Matter Bracelet, Magitek Suit and Founder King's Sigil.

Attire: Prince's Fatigues (No Jacket)

Also equip Ignis with a Ribbon.

Now all I did was as soon as my armiger was full, use Ignis' Enhancement (which was lvl 6) and a power EX item (If you don't have them it just takes longer but I think you can buy them) Then use the upgraded armigers attack, Legacy of the Lucii (L1+Down). Then try to get hit by Omega and go into critical mode asap as this will stop your armiger from draining, use an elixer, switch to Ulric's Kulkriks, attack him to almost instantly have a full armiger again. Rinse and repeat. (Don't forget to switch back your weapon as Ulric's Kulkriks doesn't actually damage him but fills up the armiger extremely fast) So just spam Legacy of the Lucii (takes a while to charge up again) and it makes the fight really easy. I'd suggest to try to attack his feet or even better aim at the antenna while standing underneath him as he has a hard time hitting you there and don't attack the antenna directly.

Edited by BB-BakkerJ
Added some more stuff
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, MMX20 said:

Um... Didn't they increase your party's level cap to level 120 in the past few updates? Because you might have a bit of a easier time fighting Omega by reaching level 120.

Which is the best/most efficient way to farm experience? I left my party at level 67 after I got the platinum. 

44 minutes ago, Aexuz said:

Which is the best/most efficient way to farm experience? I left my party at level 67 after I got the platinum. 

Hmm, I would say doing the dungeons, mostly ones that are high level and be sure to eat food that increase the amount of EXP you'll get from killing enemies. Also, Cautars are good sources of EXP and they drop Oracle Acession Coins, although they are very rare.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 15.3.2018 at 7:39 PM, MMX20 said:

Um... Didn't they increase your party's level cap to level 120 in the past few updates? Because you might have a bit of a easier time fighting Omega by reaching level 120.

What is the advantage for getting level 120 ? I was now at level 104 and my stats will not increase so much.

Edited by octan1979

There isn't much "strategy" involved for this boss fight. The boss was created in a similar way to the Addamantoise...to be killed very slowly, and only to be damaged by arminger unleashed. It took me like an hour, and only took me that much, because at one point I got Omega glitching, and he teleported exactly into a pillar, and he couldn't move anymore, nor teleport. From there on, I stopped using any sort of techs because I didn't want to risk "un"-glitching him. I just used Trident of the Oracle since it has some fairly good reach and damage, for the last 30% of his health. Until then, I had like the Addamantoise bangle for 9999HP, Ribbon, for debuffs immunity, and Kings Sigil, for AU. I would go straight into AU mode, and use the 3 tech bar for allot of dmg (I think it was Legacy of Lucy, called?). I still kept being one-shotted at times, as Ribbon doesn't prottect you against instant-death attacks, but at that point in the game...I was fully stacked on mega pots/phoenix/elixirs, and I would get back up straight away.

So yeah...just use AU and it's techniques whenever it fills up. Have lots of healing items as the boss is both like a turtle (has ALLOT of HP), and also cheap, inflicting debuffs and instant death attacks.

Edited by Shiro189

• 2 months later...

I really liked the boss. With Adamantoise I was lazy and used the ring, which is not possible here, otherwise I would've been lazy as well I guess :D.

With Omega I finally could use a lot of my items, especially elixiers (had 99 of them of almost every category) and the stat buff items and even created some somewhat potent magic spells while fighting, which I've never done before. I haven't read about a battle strategy just went into the fight prepared with food buff, ribbons and Magitec suits V1 (don't know if the ribbons are useful) and tried things. Mostly I used armiger unleashed and halfway through some of my magic while getting armiger ready again. It took some time to beat him (around 20-30 minutes), but it was satisfiying.

Just one thing no one mentioned. It's possible to take advantage of food buffs, although you can't cook in Insomnia. When you camp in the past and then travel to Insomnia the stats boost will stay and not vanish. I've eaten this fancy new blue Tuna recipe from the fish you can get after encountering Bismarck in the Altissia sea, which gives a boost to all stats, a 100% crit rate and 50% EP bonus.

On 12.3.2018 at 11:13 AM, BakkerJ said:

Now all I did was as soon as my armiger was full, use Ignis' Enhancement (which was lvl 6) and a power EX item (If you don't have them it just takes longer but I think you can buy them) Then use the upgraded armigers attack, Legacy of the Lucii (L1+Down). Then try to get hit by Omega and go into critical mode asap as this will stop your armiger from draining, use an elixer, switch to Ulric's Kulkriks, attack him to almost instantly have a full armiger again.

There is no need for that. When you want to cancel armiger mode, just switch to another character and it ends immediately :)

Edited by Savyna

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/3/2019 at 0:41 PM, Dr_Stranamore said:

I'm on chapter 9, I'm reading that you need the special Armiger you get after obtaining all thirteen weapons to have better chances to win.

Is it possible to return to the area where you (first time playing, so I don't know) have to defeat Omega after you finish the game?

This is late but yes you can return. After finishing the game the whole world is still explorable using a special feature. You can travel between Lucis, Altissia, and insomnia during post game. several quests do not become available until post game. And if I remember correctly the armiger unleashed accessory(king's sigil?) isn't available until after the main story is finished

On 26/3/2019 at 4:03 PM, clickclick-uhoh said:

This is late but yes you can return. After finishing the game the whole world is still explorable using a special feature. You can travel between Lucis, Altissia, and insomnia during post game. several quests do not become available until post game. And if I remember correctly the armiger unleashed accessory(king's sigil?) isn't available until after the main story is finished

You can get the accessory (even before finishing the game) via using the Umbra travel, after you get the last weapon (Chapter 13) or anyone you've missed during your journey.