How to beat Omega (Royal Pack)

QuentinCle95

Here are my stats & strats:

Everyone's level 99. Noct's got only Royal Arms equipped, and the item that upgrades Armiger. All of the companions have equipped weapons that don't deal holy damage.

The fight: I constantly warp-strike the antenna until Omega shortcircuits. I get away from the area, use a Mega Phoenix since everybody else got caught in the red AoE and immediately use Ignis' Overwhelm. Once that's over, I use the upgraded Armiger until I lose all my HP. (I just hold circle, though it doesn't seem to do much more than original Armiger.) Then, I do a second Overwhelm, after which he goes back to the invincible state. Rinse and repeat, with many potions and elixirs in between. 

I did this for about 45 minutes, and it still had approximately 95% of his health by the end. Which is ridiculous. 

So, why is it going so horribly? Anyone know what I'm doing wrong, have any suggestions, tell me what they did, etc? Anything would be helpful. 

The reason he goes into his enraged mode "where he can't be hit and one shots everything" is because of his Antenna being destroyed. Sure, you do a lot of damage for hitting it, but I would avoid it as much as possible. Aim for his face or the legs. May not do as much damage but in the end, it does a lot more than rinse and repeating the antenna method. Focus on the body and stick to your strats and it should work out fine. Pop Arminger Unleash every time it available and take full advantage of the Three Bar move as much as you can, and block if you feel like your about to get hit, as when blocking in Arminger Unleashed, you gain back time to keep you in that mode longer. Only things I did differently then you were I used Ragnarok for my teleport for those crits and had Ignis tech be Enhancement for the element boost. I was lvl 84 doing this as well and took me about 40min to finish him off. Good luck :D

Edited by Smasher419
  • Like 1

Okay, here’s what you should do...

Make sure your strength for Noctis is at least 650. Make sure you’re wearing the ring that upgrades his armiger attack. Equip a pair of daggers (zwill crossblades are best) and then equip Sword of the Father, Axe of the Conqueror and Trident of the Oracle in the remaining slots. Also make sure you eat a Golden Tail soup that guarantees critical hits before leaving Hammerhead for Insomnia.

Now for the fight...

1. Use zwill crossblades on his legs to build up your armiger bar. The crossblades won’t do any damage, but that’s fine, because you’re only using them to build up the bar.

2. When the bar is full, have Ignis cast Enhancement on Noctis. This is very important, as it allows you to deal more damage. 

3. Activate your armiger attack, and immediately warp strike the antenna on his head. Once you’ve hit it, just keep pressing circle so Noctis will stay up there and keep hitting it. Before long, he will activate the red shield and paralyse you. Make sure you let this happen! Don’t try to avoid it. If you let it hit you, it will cancel your armiger attack, which means it won’t take as long to build up the bar again.

4. When he goes into rampage mode, avoid him until he stops and goes vulnerable. Then immediately use your zwill crossblades and start building up the armiger bar again. It should already be roughly half full if you let him paralyse you.

5. When the bar is full again, rinse and repeat. Cast enhancement, use armiger on antenna, etc...

When his health is low enough, he has a one shot kill attack that simply can’t be avoided, so make sure you bring 99 Phoenix downs. Also bring 99 elixirs, hi-elixers, potions etc...

Also make sure you bring at least 30 remedies, so that you can cure confusion. Ignis won’t cast Enhancement if he’s confused.

During the fight, only worry about Noctis and Ignis. Don’t waste items on reviving Prompto and Gladio because they’re useless and do jack shit. And for the love of Shiva, don’t step or warp out of the combat zone (the red circle on the mini-map) even for a second, because if you do, he’ll regain a ton of health.

I hope this strat helps you. I was struggling big time until I tried it, but it worked perfectly for me. 

EDIT: And I forgot to mention, use Sword of the Father for when you attack the antenna. Axe of the Conqueror and Trident of the Oracle are only there to increase your stats. And also, at some point during the fight, you’ll notice he starts teleporting and reappearing a lot. Make sure you wait for him to teleport and reappear before using your armiger. You don’t want to activate your armiger, only to have him immediately teleport away. He doesn’t do it at first, but he will when his health is low enough.

Edited by MythRaider1994
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, itachi-destroyer said:

Is it that hard to not spoil everyone with the title of a thread ? Seriously fuck titles like this, I've been spoiled FF XV two times in less than a week thanks to people like you who only cares about themselves.

The boss was shown and named in the trailer, and is listed in every article telling people what the Royal Pack includes. Since people generally want to know what they're paying money for , I assumed most people who were interested already knew of it (its name, that is, since that is the only thing the title "spoils"). Calling me "people like you who only care about themselves" is unnecessarily antagonistic and presumptuous, especially when considering the scale of this "spoiler". That said, I'm sorry that you feel bereft of a part of the experience, and would change the title in case others feel the same way, if this were possible (If so, can someone let me know how?) . 

• Like 3

I generally don't watch the trailer for games I know I'll like because more often than not the trailers are too spoiler heavy, so that's why I didn't know Omega was part of the trailer and I didn't see any mention of him either in the back of the FFXV royal pack game so it's not like the fact that he was in the game was common knowledge. Sorry if I was harsh but someone spoiled the name of the final boss of the Comrades expansion less than a week ago and since I'm not on a FF XV forum I assumed people would be more careful with the title of their thread.

Edited by itachi-destroyer
  • Like 1