Worst Custom Club Luck?

xLAKITUx

So I am beefing up my first custom club to get the albatross and condor trophy requirements, and I think I may have had one of the worst rolls.

P. Level 14 [ 1 - 1 - 1 - 1 - 1 - 2 - 1 - 2 - 2 - 1 - 1 ]

That gives me a whopping max drive distance of about 346 yards (with a power shot)

The Absolute Finesse trophy guide notes recommends a power level of 20, hitting between 354 and 358 yards of power to nail the Condor.

(Sigh) - Time to reroll and start running around the open courses for gems...

It doesn't appear that anyone really cares, but my reroll has been much better thus far!

7 out of 11 upgrades complete and I am already up above my maxed out first attempt.

P. Level 15 [ 2 - 3 - 2 - 2 - 2 - 2 - 2 ]

At the very least, if the remainder of my rolls all yield +1 to power, I'll still end up with a power level of 19, which should be completely good to get the Condor/Albatross shots.

Now -- Let's say my next two rolls for power get me up to 19 or 20... Do I spend the last upgrades on trying to max out power or do I dump some into control?

Update -- Sunday, Mar 18th

Final level after 11 upgrades is 25! 20 in power and 5 in control. Quite happy with this one, and much happier with my first roll of 14!

Edited by xLAKITUx
  • Like 3

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

First custom club after 11 upgrades the best I managed was 20 power and 0 on everything else. This doesn't get me to the green on Hole 12 Alpine, I always end up on the rough, so no condors for me and currently a single Albatross is all I've managed with that set.

7 upgrades through my second set of clubs and I'm only on 9 power and 0 on everything else. Which means at best I would need 3 lvls everytime to get to just 18 on my remaining 3 rolls. Which won't happen. Honestly might as well recycle already and start over, wasting a few days of pointless grind. FFS!

The RNG here is a joke, the fact it's not even actually rolling for each time so you can't save scum it is so frustrating. The game decides the second you start rolling that club set how many levels you'll get each time.

And then gems are such a chore to grind. Play Rank 7 and maybe get some gems and even then only 3-5. Then the open course drops takes nearly 30-40mins to actually do everyday. Traveling to each hole and then tapping square over and over and over and over. Then running around abit more to make sure you didn't miss anything. So boring.

Next to even get a condor you have to wait for the day when the course has the exact right conditions. If it doesn't you are screwed until tomorrow.

I enjoyed playing through the game but now all this boring grind and RNG, coupled with stupid courses like Vortex Valley, Kanola Beach and the Imperial Course. Designed to be nohing like a real course. I just find all the fun of the game is gone.

I mean seriously Condor's are actually impossible in real life. And to have that be a requirement in the game and then only have basically 1 hole where its doable and then have to wait for the game to decide you can have the right conditions to even attempt it?! Something you might have to wait literal days for...man I just don't get why they added something so stupid to an otherwise fun game.

Edited by BlaizeV

• 4 weeks later...

If anyone is having bad luck with custom clubs just go to the recommended holes with normal tees and try it to see if it will reach the green before you try to create the custom club all over again (unless you have a bunch of gems for some reason)

My club’s max distance was shorter than what’s in the guide and while the extra power would’ve been nice, I got it in a relatively short time frame. 

Edited by Wagszilla
  • Like 3