Cheat code PS4 version

Neme-ita

8 minutes ago, Astray404 said:

I only cleared Dante's Normal and Hard, and Lucia's Normal. When I tried to enter MD code it does not work for me until I used the Hard-mode-clear code that showed I've cleared both Hard mode on Dante and Lucia, then the MD code and the INF DT code worked. System language is Trad Chinese, never changed during gaming.

Well that's odd. I forgot to note that while I was playing the game, I didn't patch it because I was running low on internet and was only connecting PSN to sync the list and not downloading the patch at all. Might sound stupid but that might be why it worked without problem with me the first time. 

• 6 months later...

How my inf DT bar works.
System language is Trad Chinese
DMD is clear. 
Hold L1L2R1R2 and join mission.
Mission start and then i have inf DT bar nows

That's all, btw i dont think you unlock DMD and only play last mission is ok for unlock inf DT bar. You must play from mission one to the last mission,

• 8 months later...

So, I'm currently working my way through DMC2, elated I am finally able to use the infamous Infinite Devil Trigger and...  Nothing.  I have both the disc AND digital version of the collection for North America, and nada.  Zilch.  Zip.

I'm using Lucia's 'disc' and I've completed Normal Mode and LMD (and the final mission on Hard mode for that trophy), but nothing.  Everything else is unlocked, but for the life of me, nothing works to get the DT to, well, trigger.

What is the exact sequence of steps?  Do I have to input ALL the previous codes, and if so, in what order?  I tried that code for the menu screen with zero luck and my dexterity is pretty good after all these years of ridiculous button inputs for other games (haha).

I don't know if this matters but the reason I bought the disc version is because the digital version I downloaded would not let me make any saves.  At all.  Only when I installed the disc version was I able to make saves.  I then deleted the disc version and downloaded the digital version again, and voila, my saves worked and I was able to continue saving.  In my history of gaming, that has never happened before.

Does it matter what version of the game it is (like, update-wise)?

Anyway, anyone here also not able to use Infinite DT, and if so, how did you end up getting it to work?  Oh, and yes I'm currently using the last language option on my PS4, though the one above it looks pretty similar, but I tried it and still no dice.  I've tried Spanish, Italian, and French as well.

Sigh.  Typical.

Any help would be aces, thank you!

Edited by man_ale_mel

• 5 months later...

Do the cheats work on NA/US digital version? :hmm:

On 1/12/2020 at 0:27 AM, dieselmanchild said:

Appreciate the clarification on this Angus! Thank you. ?

I saw you already have the plat. Did the cheats work (NA digital version), or did you do the Blood Palace legit? :)

11 hours ago, zizimonster said:

I saw you already have the plat. Did the cheats work (NA digital version), or did you do the Blood Palace legit? :)

Yes I believe I did manage to get it to work. ?

My memory is shit, but from what I remember, you just have to beat the game normally and finish DMD/LMD difficulties legitimately, and then the cheat becomes accessible by changing the language settings to a European setting (besides UK English) and using the inputs at the start of Bloody Palace. BP is a super boring and tedious slog in DMC2 so the cheats are awesome and make it pretty fast and bearable!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, zizimonster said:

Yep, I did it NA Digital. Don't remember the specifics but it does work.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Does anyone know if the infinite DT trigger cheat works for UK digital version? I've managed to apply every cheat so far and it worked ironically after one complete run but I haven't finished Dante's normal run. What are the requirements to use the cheat? If we have to beat DMD without the cheat to use the cheat then what's the point in it? Last time I recalled being able to use the cheat even during DMD prior to finishing it. Can someone explain in detail please... its annoying that no forums really explain it properly and I hate this game as it is. 

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok I just wanted to confirm that the secret codes DO work for an NA physical version on the PS5! I thought it doesnt work at first because no one here has confirmed it. 

I followed NetworkforthisPS' directions. Used french(france) system language. But the biggest caveat that everyone should know is that if your controller drifts or it just plain sucks it will not work. What I mean by that is if you press R3 or L3 and it moves the cursor, then your controller is broken. After trying out all the codes and change in systems for an hour, I finally busted out a new PS5 controller and did all three codes each on first try so it was really a matter of my old controller just messing up and not any other criteria besides the change to french system language. 

Doing the 5th step above will also not move the cursor. I also did these with zero playing time, without finishing any game difficulty mode or any mission for that matter. So you can pretty much do these cheats whenever. Also, changing back to English will only disable infinite DT but all the modes will stay unlocked even BP. Now you can play all levels and all difficulties with infinite DT if you dont mind playing the whole game in French. Hope this helps people. Good luck.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...