BlazzingWind's Trophy Stash

BlazzingWind

Update 9:

Of course the week before move out date and I am still packing...

However, completed Last Rebellion, and while I might not be a fan of the game. It is another game off my system and completed from the two challenges this summer. Just have to beat two more games for Camp Wannalotaplat and 5 more for Summer Backlog.

But, there is something wonky going on with the move and it is making the actual move in date vauge. Therefore, I might be without internet (save at work) for a little over a week. This will result in me playing my vita (which I can take to work and get the system to 'update' on the wifi) but won't help me get my PS3/PS4 games up higher on the completion rating.

In essence: moving sucks

• 2 weeks later...

Update 10:

Another late post but here we are. On the gaming front, things have been pretty slow. Just got my internet back at the new apartment and am running through Darksiders II, which feels strange playing some five years after I originally put it on my system, and some seven years since I played the first game (procrastination sucks).

As for the move, that is almost finished. The original apartment we were gonna get is still occupied by the original tenant for at least another month. But within the same complex there was another apartment we were offered to stay in until the original apartment becomes available. However at this point, I am not even sure I am up to moving again, even such a short distance.

Proceeding to try and unpack a two bedroom apartment worth of items into a small single bedroom apartment is deceivingly hard but making some progress. Hope to be done by the end of this month...just in time for the other apartment to maybe be open to move to.

For this site, joined a new challenge that does not have a time limit. It is called the Backlog Pyramid (notice a pattern with my challenges?). And you take 10 games that you own or are on the system. 1 UR, 2 VR, 3 R, and 4 C. Every 10 games you complete equals one full 'pyramid' complete. Seems like a fun way to try and get through my massive backlog of games.

Hoping that things will get back onto a normal schedule soon and I can devote my time to gaming again

Edited by BlazzingWind
  • Like 1

Update 11:

It has been bloody hot in the apartment since moving in, really saps the energy to do anything constructive, but have been plugging away at Darksiders 2 every day. Currently towards the end of the game on Normal Difficulty. Plan on finishing up the game and bumrushing The Crucible before replaying on Apocolyptic with the Abysal Armour and snagging the plat without having to do all the side-quests again.

Not sure how much I am actually going to accomplish because this weekend is PRIDE and my fiance and I are super excited for it :D

Finally have a three day weekend off and will (probably) be preoccupied with other stuff than gaming (gasp).

Enjoy your week my friends, see you for Comic-con week!

Update 12:

And we are at the three month mark of starting this trophy log! -Applause- *crickets*

Anyways...Pride was a blast and because of it I did not get much accomplished on the gaming front. Darksiders II is 'beaten' and at Pharises Tomb on my Apocolyptic playthrough. Almost level 30 and about mid way through the game. Just need to finish the game for the hardest difficulty trophy and then switch the difficulty to Easy and plow through the Crucible to finally snag that sweet platinum for this awesome series.

• Like 1

Update 13:

Anna - Extended has been one of the worst choices in my gaming history (right next to Alice: Madness Returns lol)...it is a 24 minute game (as proven by the achievement on steam) but the spawn rate for the supernatural events takes forever. Currently can't get event 13/16 to spawn and it is the last thing I need where I currently am. Just standing around and waiting for the event to happen is beyond boring.

Can't wait for this slog to be over and jump over to something more enjoyable like FF15 or finally start AC2

On the other hand, completed two very enjoyable games rain and Papo & Yo. Both are simple games, about 4 hours of your time each, but they both convey a story that is oddly satisfying. Although rain is more of a walking simulator through a gloomy city drenched in rain. Papo & Yo is more story driven about addiction, self-blame, and acceptance. It was definitely fun to go through these two titles as a break between the semi heavy games I've been playing lately.

• Like 1

Update 14:

This week in gaming has had me plunging back into the world of God of War (2018). I am a huge GoW fan and have beaten every game multiple times, save for Ascension, that was hard to even get through once. The mythos and gameplay just clicked for me and this new entry for (hopefully) a new trilogy does the same.

I realize that I have already pretty much done a review on a previous update and don't want to just rehash what has already been said. Instead, I'll go over what I've accomplished and what still remains to be done. All side (bonus) areas have been completed and the respective trophies have been obtained. The hardest part of the game is definitely the Valkyries, but part of that difficulty was my own fault, as I was going in like it was one of the original GoW games and using brute strength. So, of course, I got my arse handed to me hard. It wasn't until I started using the mechanics correctly (leveling up the armour, using the runic attacks) that suddenly, these super hard sub-bosses, became super easy. The only gripe I have, and it is one that has it's own thread here I believe, is that the Valkyrie Queen feels very broken. She catches you from across the map when she has missed previously, if she grabs you, it is an automatic triple hit before you can even push her off. Animations wouldn't trigger for her attacks and I would be hit by an unblockable attack when she had just been doing the animation for a blockable attack.

But that aside, ready and raring to go and finish this awesome awesome game. I know, I'm gushing, but I can't give this game enough praise for the changes it brings to the GoW brand moving forward. It's been a fun week. Possible, mini-review once I've fully completed the game next week.

• Like 1

Update 15:

Finally finished Tales from the Borderlands for the PS4, as always, I love the humor of the series and the character interactions are awesome. Though I am getting tired of repeating games, think I am going to have to take a long hard look at enjoying a game only once so I can move on and not take a step backwards every few months.

Breaking Psycho-Pass down into 3 sections, the first playthrough of Nadeshiko has been completed, with the other two sections being the male playthrough and all the extras. Though I am finding the game somewhat boring and it might be a while before I leap back into it. Plus, I need to jump on actually playing Assassin's Creed II instead of just having it sit on my system.

• Like 1

Update 16:

Added games collected from last month and this month from the PS+ list which brings my backlog up to 290 again -sigh-

Got these awesome coins as part of the backlog challenge that I am doing. @Paleblood is running the challenge but @ruffedgz has done these pretty sweet coin designs for those that feel like taking up weapons against the beast that is the backlog. Right now it is a pretty chill group and we are always looking for more adventures on this journey. Backlog Anonymous <--- click here to see the awesomeness (shameless plug for a pretty cool event)

On gaming news: started AC2 a few years behind the massive AC wave that is what we know and love now lol. The story seems cohesive (as of right now, only one chapter into it) and I like the similar feel it has to Saints Row and GTA with the open world and random collectibles. Remains to be seen if this will hold up in the longrun with the story but I have high hopes...at least for THIS iteration in the series.

And I'll see all ya gamerz next week for the obligatory update, good week and happy hunting

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Update 17:

Back to a slow week in the gaming-sphere. Working my way through Assassin's Creed II and I can happily say that, while it is an older game, I am enjoying doing and collecting everything that the game has to offer. So far I have just arrived in Venice and have all collectibles that I could find and all side missions taken care of up to this point. While this has extended my gaming time beyond the scope required for the platinum by quite a bit, I have no regrets. The only thing I realize is I really should have jumped on this game when I first heard about it a few years ago when I was convinced to try out Brotherhood with a couple friends.

Of course, not every cloud is perfect, and the three faults that I have at the time are: long load times, bad physics, and the ending is telegraphed too early in the game. The first two I can almost ignore, given the age of the game, the third is a bit annoying as it takes some of the excitement from the game. But it is not enough of a drawback to take away from the overall experience.

• 2 weeks later...

Update 18 & 19:

My first missed post -sadness-

So for today it's a twofer. I was able to claim the platinum on AC2 which means that I was able to finish the Summer Backlog Challenge with just days to spare. And the game intrigued me enough that I am looking forward to beating Brotherhood and Revelations to find out what happens with Ezio.

As for last week my time was spent getting through Lara's first adventure with the Sun Queen. I went in without any expectations and was pleasantly surprised to find a game very similar to Uncharted but with smoother visuals when comparing it to the first three games. The game in itself felt short and there were plenty of times where I am pretty sure, Lara should have died. But, just like with Drake, Lara just kept pushing on. Now the only big thing I have with the game is that it felt to 'easy', there was never a difficulty spike or curve that one had to get used to. Which made the game feel streamlined to the point of a movie script, which is kinda what it was. I died more times from making a wrong jump, then I did to enemy gunfire. Overall, I missed three trophies so I am working back through the game to get them and then move on to the online segement to finally grab this platinum.

Update 20:

Another small update in the gaming world. Tomb Raider main story has been beaten, all that remains is two trophies from the main story and then attack the online. Currently stand at lvl 23/60, with nothing purchased yet and 3/15 of the online trophies obtained.

Booted up my Vita recently too and started to go through the second half of Psycho-Pass, should finish it this week

And that is all for this week.

Update 21:

Made a boosting session for the first time in forever and my teammates did not dissapoint, was able to get all the co-operative trophies for Tomb Raider have been gained. There is just the rank 60 trophy and going to use the glitch for Shopaholic to avoid having to grind for salvage after already grinding for exp. As it stands, I can make at least 40K exp each match, with a match lasting 20 min each time. Therefore by my calculations I have approximately 34 rounds to complete or just under 12 hours of grinding ahead of me. Gotta work dem hips I guess.

On the other hand, been playing The ABC Murders, which is a short little investigation murder-mystery, but it sadly does not have a platinum. Have a second playthrough to do in order to complete the small trophy list.

There are a handful of games left in my backlog that have an online component and I am worried about servers closing. However, after the great boosting session, I am faithful that I can get the online done before I know it...hopefully lol

Update 22:

And we are back with another short week in the gaming-sphere. And I have two games to report as being completed. 

The ABC Murders was a brief foray back into the realm of Poin-and-Click adventures. While not the best game I've ever played, it did hold my attention for the three chapter excursion. If I had to compare it, I would say that it is better than The Raven, but without the humor I am used to like in Sam and Max. I would say that for a four hour game, it does it's job well. Just not that interesting.

Psycho-Pass is my platinum for the week. This is the first VN I have played that basically relies on the gamer to already have an understanding about the backstory of the anime it is based on. I went into the game blind and the backstory was admitedly a bit hard to grasp as it was never develed into with any depth. Though I should have expected this and don't hold it against the VN. The storyline is interesting for what it is worth. Basically it is a story split between two characters and told from eithers point of view. What is annoying is that the story does not change in any meaningful way no matter which character you choose. What DOES change is the outcome of the main story based on the choices you make through the story. Although interesting, I had to take a break between the characters because the multiple endings got pretty redundant after a while.

With those done I am continuing work on Tomb Raider, 5 trophies left! Then going to jump back into ACIV and finish the multi-player before starting AC Brotherhood and Rise of the Tomb Raider.

• 2 weeks later...

Update 23 + 24:

I had nothing to post the previous week and the same is sadly true for this week. It has been two weeks of no gameplay -cries-

Hoping that this week will take a change for the better. Still need to finish the level trophy for Tomb Raider and ACIV.

Update 25:

My gaming time got interrupted by having to take care of my S/O after a small procedure. But I did start Dokuro on the Vita, which seems to be a nice quick puzzle platfomer. The only thing that looks difficult based on my performance so far will be the 'beat game within certain time limit' trophy. I have not synched my Vita yet, so that is why it is not on my list currently.

The other day I was bored and started Dragon Fantasy Book 1. Played it for about an hour but really loving the 16-bit graphics, which are reminescent of the original Final Fantasy, and the nods to classic FF characters. Definitely enjoying the game and look forward to beating it, just hoping the experience doesn't go to fast and will continue into Book 2.

• 2 weeks later...

Update 26:

And we have move #4 for this year...this time, moving completely out of the state to Indiana. I can't promise I will update next week as my finance and I will be in the process of looking for a place to live in our new state. Here's hoping to new friends, and new adventures.

Stay frosty my friends lol

• 2 weeks later...

Update 27:

After a week or two of limbo, I am back with internet and in a new locstion: Indianapolis. I do apologize for the break between posts with the move, but you can expect my weekly updates to go back to normal from now on, not expecting to move anytime soon.

As mentioned in a previous post, I started playing Dragon Fantasy and I have to say I absolutely love it. The Final Fantasy look and feel stays consistent throughout the relatively short storyline and the humor of the spell names and monster descriptions is top class.

With the completion of Ogden's storyline, there are three more playthroughs needed and then perhaps I will finally finish the multiplayer for Tomb Raider

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Small update - havent posted as much as I would like to and I thank the admins for keeping this thread open.

Major accomplishments so far:

Up to platinum 129 with the completion of Code Vein. This game is incredible. I love the anime style and the difficulty of it. The characters felt well-rounded and once you have leveled up and earned a few moves, nothing feels to impossible.

As my second souls-like game I would rank it the fourth hardest game I know of: Demon Souls, Dark Souls, Bloodborne, Code Vein, Darksiders 3. Which makes me very interested in finally downloading and trying Bloodborne next.

Beyond that, bouncing between Indivisble (extremely cute and fun game), Death Stranding (got it for free, only played a few hours, completely lost), Modern Warfare (another free game), and Greedfall.

• Like 1

Platinum 130: Indivisible

I saw this game come in at GameStop and after doing a little research, decided it couldn't hurt to try it.

With a whimsical cast of characters, simple yet fun battle system, and a story with a backdrop of Hindu folklore it is a pretty game. With a ton of backtracking in completing your companions side missions which are not available until end-game for some reason.

There is a large downside though and that is the precise platforming elements in an otherwise pretty decent RPG. You have very flighty controls and very small ledges with finicky hit boxes in both Tai Krung City and Mount Sumeru.

On top of this, Mount Sumeru throws almost everything that you have and haven't seen in the main game. Often combining quick segments of having to alternate holding down+square to over+triangle to immediately going to up+square. It didnt really add to the overall game, just made it seem like the developer was 'padding' the game with difficult sections to add length. I mean, the final area is a huge obstacle course with about 5 battles in all.

But this honestly does not detract that much from the overall game. It honestly is fun and beautiful. The ending got a bit ho-hum, but in the long run, I enjoyed my time with it.

An easy 6/10 rating with the final area of Mnt Suneru dropping the score and 4/10 difficulty with minimal trial and error needed.

• 1 month later...

First Update of the New Year:

With 30 games beaten and 14 purchased last year. I think it is safe to say, I didnt make much progress on my backlog at all.

Seeing as how I cant seem to follow even a small list of games to complete, I'll give the highlights of what I am planning.

My first play of this year will be Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep (PS3), I am so close to it that it hurts. Just have the minigames left for Aqua and that sweet achievement is mine.

Next month it is going to be Darksiders Genesis - cannot wait to get my hands on this game. Have platinumed the other games multiple times and looking forward to being able to play as Strife.

March belongs to Final Fantasy 7 Remake! One of the first games I ever played reborn on the PS4. It is going to be great.

May 1st I am going to replay The Last of Us on PS4 to get ready for the drop of Part 2. I hope I'm ready for the emotional rollercoaster. The fact that it has no MP trophies is a huge plus for me.

Hope everyone had a great year and cheers to an awesome 2020

Platinum 135 - Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep

This is a funny game for me. I played it originally on the PSP and got through Terra and Ventus' playthrough but never touched Aquas'. Now on the PS3 being able to play through everything was pretty fun, though the story is barebones at best. The controls are nice and smooth though but the battle system is broken to all hell, as are the hidden super bosses.

In terms of difficulty and story specifics, this is a title that doesn't bring much to the mythos of the Ansem/Xemnas saga and honestly we could have done without. Every character is so one note that it hurts. But I am happy to have played it and snagged this frustrating platinum. But I have to say, having the player do the exact same thing across three playthroughs was maddening.

I own the game on the PS4 as well and for my sanity, I will probably take a very long break in between finishing this and starting that.

• 3 weeks later...

With the third week of January ended, a fulltime job brings less time to enjoy my games. But I moved right on into Kingdom Hearts 2.

The last time I played this was on the PS2 (yes I am so far behind the current gen of KH). I remember it being challenging and fun with all the minigames and a better battle system then CoM and KH1.

That is still true but I forgot that the gummi missions are harder and that the  battles feel more 'gimicky' if that makes sense with the reaction commands.

Doing the two playthrough way, once on Normal with the second one being on critical.

Currently:

Minigames - none completed

Mushroom XIII - none completed

Puzzles - 2 completed

Worlds - Timless River, Mulan, and Beast done.

Drive Forms - none maxed 4/5 earned

Synthesis - not started

Gummi Missions - not started

A lot to do yet...?

• 2 weeks later...

Made some good progress in Kingdom Hearts 2

Worlds - Complete

Puzzles - Complete

Mushrooms - 2 - 12 Complete

Sora lvl 73

Data Battles - 0/13 Complete

Absent Siloeuttes - 5/5 complete

Drive Forms - 4/5 Complete

Summon Gauge - 4/7 Complete

Tournaments - 1/8 Complete

Lingering Will - Not Beaten

Sephiroth - Not Beaten

Synthesis - Not Completed

Think I'm half way there in this playthrough at least

• 3 weeks later...

So a few new things...

Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix is in the end stage. Have the grinding left and the following to do:

Data Fights - 0/13

Lingering Will

Gummi Ship

Lvl 99

Paradox Tournaments

Jimminys Journal

Synthesis

Hard Mode

Critical Mode

Beyond that started Okami HD, and while I find it relaxing the game is also rather simplistic and boring.

On top of that GameStop says they did not receive the collectors edition of Darsiders Genesis that I preordered. (The statue of Strife would have completed my collection from the Apocolypse Edition of Darsiders 3). So not too happy about that. They 'might' receive it next week :/

Edited by BlazzingWind