BlazzingWind's Trophy Stash

BlazzingWind

12 minutes ago, Asvinia said:

Good looking backlog you got there, it'll be a fun time working through that :P

Edit: I like your layout too, very tidy

Thank you! It's a work in progress, especially the backlog. One of these days I hope to actually beat all my PS3 games and move officially to just having two systems (the psvita and PS4).

• Like 1

Steins;Gate has been opened!

1Sca8daf.png

Sky Clad Observer obtained!

This was a whirlwind of a game, and as such, it took me a while to get through it. Honestly, one of the best VNs I have played to date. The way the characters interact and the storyline is just on par. None of the side stories were to out-there or weird like in some of the other VN's I've played. My only gripe would be that some of the scenes were a little rapey. But overall, a must play.

Managed to beat Game of Thrones on the PS3, compared to the main series, it was a let down. To many bugs and endless loading screens to really get into the game. But now I can dive into Hakuoki: Stories of the Shinsengumi and be a samurai again ;) 

13 hours ago, BlazzingWind said:

Managed to beat Game of Thrones on the PS3, compared to the main series, it was a let down. To many bugs and endless loading screens to really get into the game. But now I can dive into Hakuoki: Stories of the Shinsengumi and be a samurai again ;) 

'Don't play the other GOT game then. It may send you into shock lol. I hope the PS4 version isn't as bad when I get to it since I got it on a ps+ deal.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

'Don't play the other GOT game then. It may send you into shock lol. I hope the PS4 version isn't as bad when I get to it since I got it on a ps+ deal.

I got the PS4 version as well, because who can turn down a free game? But I am hesitant to play it now after finally doing the PS3 version, though I have heard it plays much better than the PS3. But it is in my backlog and eventually I might have to play it anyways.

Finished Hakuoki - Stories of the Shinsengumi -

I played Kyoto Winds on the PSVita where they had split up the story into two parts (the second part to be released as Edo blossoms) so I kinda had an idea of what was happening during the game. Overall, the potential lovers were okay with there being some weirdness on the parts of Toudou's, Saito's, and Kazama's routes...but that is to be expected with a game like this. I still can't buy that Harrada had great success battling with a spear...his storyline is one of my favorites, but the weapon is just -shrug-

6 hours ago, BlazzingWind said:

You should go for it, I am doing this mostly for me and to keep track of my games. Kinda feels like I am keeping myself accountable in a way

Atm I just have a Google spreadsheet on my phone. I occasionally attempt to make a plan of attack that most of the times fail hard. I'm decided for the time being to focus on my digital and only one physical since I don't need to get up and dig thru my box across the room. Lazy but it works and the fact if you are in USA being with Sony rewards gets you free ps store money

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Update 1:

Going to try and do weekly updates, either every Sunday or Monday to go over what happened; either in game world or RL adventures.

For this week: The all important God of War was given to me as a gift from my fiance. As a result, I am trying to finish up God of War 3 Remastered in order to have all of the 'last gen' GoW games beaten before starting this new (hopefully) trilogy. I'm already at the Labyrinth on Titan Mode with just the Cestus and Nemesis Whip left to upgrade for full completion.

Beyond that, picked up Mad Max from the PS+ free games line-up. Not quite sure how I feel about the game, but one does not turn up their nose at a free game.

With all this hustle and bustle, I've kinda put the Spring Back-log Challenge on hold for now. Still have 5 games to complete before the end of May. Think there is enough time to run through the 4 story driven games ( Norn9: var Commons, Tales from the Borderlands, Code: Realize, and The Wolf Among Us) before tackling the rest of Final Fantasy VII and bumrush the rest of the game.

---Guide stuff: Both God of War and Mad Max have been added which brings my grand total of games to 285 ??

And with that, we have an era that has closed

1S447b38.png

King of the Hill

God of War, the original trilogy has been beaten (again) which closes out the PS2/PS3 GoW and opens up the new trilogy for the PS4...cannot wait to start the new game with the Norse Mythology influence. But first, need to clean up some other games that have been cluttering up my backlog.

The Wolf Among Us: Season 1 PS4, your time has come

Update 2:

This week has been mostly work and little sleep, per usual. However, on the gaming front, defeated God of War 3 Remastered and have been feeling conflicted ever since. There's a sense of accomplishment at having bested all nine games, both original and remastered versions, but now that it is all over, it kinda felt like I was saying goodbye to a friend. A revenge ridden, blood-soaked, ghost that could never be killed; that was Kratos for me. But all good things must come to an end, or change in some way, this being no different. Below are some of my thoughts on my first couple hours playing the new God of War.

Spoiler

When starting the new God of War, I was struck with just how beautiful everything was...and how...old Kratos seemed. It is as though with the addition of the beard (and a kid) Kratos aged about twenty or so odd years. Nothing wrong with the change, but it did throw me for a loop at first. On top of that, the battle system has changed. One of the things I highly enjoyed was that Kratos was always a mid-distance fighter. Using his chain-blades, he could get to enemies both near and far. Only going up close and personal if the enemy called for it. But now (and I know this might change) but he only has access to his axe which forces him to be up close to his enemies which feels like it limits the free-flow of combat from the previous games.

But moving away from battle mechanics, the graphics are just insane. Comparing God of War 3 (PS4) to this, in almost every way, this game outshines it. Which of course, is because this God of War was actually made for the PS4. The environment looks and feels alive, everything is bright and vibrant, and the detail is breath-taking. What I do not like, is how all the environments are just long hallways interspaced with larger 'rooms' where a puzzle or fight are waiting. In the previous God of War games this formula was fitting as Kratos was traversing through a temple or walled area. But here, Kratos is supposed to be moving through a forest/wild lands. It might be a beautifully crafted area, but it is still just a hallway and it leaves me feeling frustrated and hoping that later in the game the world will open up more for exploration.

And finally moving on to the characters themselves. Kratos has definitely changed more than just his facial hair, his attitude has gone from wearing his anger on his sleeve to that anger/rage being a burning under-current. There are flashes so far where the old Kratos shines through but in a way, he almost seems sullen now, stoic. I personally can't wait for his rage to break through as the game progresses.

And we also have a new character named Atreus, Kratos' apparent son. It is still unclear if he is his son by blood or just adopted and both options have ramifications to the story-line. If he is blood to Kratos, would be interesting to see if the Greek mythology still has some lasting hold on the series (as in son kills father in an unending chain), as Chronus tried killing Zeus, Zeus in turn defeated Chronus, followed by Zeus trying to kill Kratos, with Kratos defeating Zeus. It would be a nice throwback to the original games if that is what the developers are going for, if a little telegraphed. On the other hand, if Atreus is not blood related to Kratos, then a 'demi-god' could be hiding Atreus from the Norse gods, which would explain the eventual confrontation between Kratos and the Norse gods.

Beyond all that, Atreus is an interesting character that contrasts sharply with Kratos. He is sarcastic and has the same anger that Kratos thrives on burning inside of him. But there is an innocence about him that I kinda hope does not get squashed out through the course of the game. I really like him as a character, he is a refreshing change, if unusual addition to such a bloody series.

Overall the first few hours of playing the game has really blown me away, there are a few difficulties for me to work out, namely getting used to the new fighting system. But it is looking to be a very fun experience, a full review to follow next week as my journey through Midgard continues.

Beyond God of War though, I was able to finish The Wolf Among Us and push forward on the Spring Backlog Challenge. Up next, I'm either going to race through Tales from the Borderlands (absolutely love this game, already played it on the PS3) or finish up Code Realize.

Condensed and reupdated the grand list.

Now have a section about why those 10 games are sitting unfinished (although if anyone has any tips I'd be willing to listen)

I had to cancel my pre-order of Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (sadness)

Hooked way to hard on God of War at the moment...really need to get back to my Spring Backlog Challenge but the game is so beautiful

Update 3:

Still hammering away as best I can on the Spring Backlog Challenge; only 4 games left to go. Would feel really dumb for failing the challenge when I picked mostly VNs and one RPG to get through in two months time. Made some small progress in Final Fantasy VII which brought me closer to the end of Disc 1. No matter how many times I play this game, it never gets old, and it actually feels a bit weird to be playing with 'god mode' turned on. Also, while I never knew that you could date Barret and Yuffie in the Gold Saucer, the date scene with Barret was painfully awkward...so uh...congrats FF7 for the pedo reference toward Cloud?

Also managed to get a bit further in Code: Realize. Made it to the 'end' of the first open playthrough and the 'start' of Van Helsings side-story. Will be with some relief that I am able to start using the 'skip' function for the repeat playthroughs for the other four characters.

Thankfully I still have about three weeks and a day off tomorrow. Plan to make big gains in Code: Realize (completing the game would be nice but I'll take getting the 4 main playthroughs done), and possibly get either halfway through Disc 2 of FF7 or get to episode 4 of Tales from the Borderlands. Gotta make up lost time from God of War.

New Games:

King Oddball x3

Rayman Legends (PS4)

Furmins (PSV)

Picked up King Oddball without realizing it gives all three trophy lists so we'll see if I actually playthrough all the lists, but if it is fun on the PS3 I might go through the PS4 list as well. Finally broke down and grabbed Rayman Legends, though am a little worried on the online componet I've heard is hard to unlock. And Furmins just seemed fun. So the PS+ struck again and pushed my game total up to 290 o.o

• 2 weeks later...

Update 4:

This week brings the completion of Final Fantasy 7. I've beaten it countless times before but this is the first time that I have actually beaten Ruby and Emerald Weapon, as well as gotten mastered materia (summon, item, and magic), and raised my own gold chocobo, and gotten all enemy skills for all 4 materia. But this was not a 'perfect' playthrough though as I did not gather every materia available, and I did not collect every weapon in the game. But these are just arbitrary goals I set for myself when re-playing the game each time.

In other gaming news, started playing Tales from the Borderlands and am racing through my last two games for the Spring Backlog Challenge. It will definitely be close, but I feel confident that I will just squeeze through with time to spare since FF7 is now done and complete.

An unfortunate short week on the gaming spectrum but that's just how it is sometimes.

• 2 weeks later...

Update 5: First late post, but hopefully the last one as this continues.

Another very short week on the gaming spectrum. Norn9 is turning out to be a pretty interesting game with nine playthroughs (technically 10) needed to complete, I was expecting to have to do the 'skip dialogue' trick to get through it in time. But the stories are short (only 7 or 8 chapters long) and (so far) the storylines seem different enough to not be boring for all the characters. Though I am only fully done with 2/9 characters. Already have the 'brainwashed' and 'strong/brave because of love' typical playthroughs that seem to be in all VNs, so hoping the other characters have a bit more original character development without crossing over into the creepy/abusive/control relationship.

Tales from the Borderlands is sitting at Episode 1/5 completed and should take about 7 hours to complete. With two days left and the 31st being a blessed day off, all focus is on Norn9 to get the remaining playthroughs done and the small side game for 5K points, before just letting TftB play on the PS4 and reaping the rewards.

Until next week with the start of the Summer Backlog Challenge and Camp Wanttaplat starting with a total of 16 games potentially to be beat. It's looking like a very busy summer.

Edited by BlazzingWind

Update 6:

We have the results of The Spring Backlog Challenge 2018...and...well, it ended on a failure. Only managed to finish 8/10 games that I had put down to complete. However, just the plain fact that the challenge made it so I was consistently playing games was a huge turn around for me. As for the past few months it has been very hard to sit down and actually finish or even start a game. On top of that, being able to play an amazing game like Steins;Gate, which probably would have sat on my backlog for another few years, has to be the best thing about the challenge.

So the two games that ended up being the nail in the coffin were Tales from the Borderlands and Norn9. The first game is currently still at Episode 1/5 completed and due to procrastination fell by the wayside as I tried to finish Norn9 and Final Fantasy VII. With Norn9 I know I could have fast skipped everything, but the story and characters were interesting enough that I actually was reading through everything and got sidetracked. But this is primarily excuses and I own that my time management skills outside of work need some serious improvement. Beyond that, it doesn't help that I completed God of War 3 Remastered and started God of War (2018) when I should have been playing the games for the challenge.

But, these two games are going to be the first things I complete before I move into the dual challenge for Summer. Both The Summer Backlog Challenge and Camp Wannalottaplat started on 6/1 (3 days ago).

For The Summer Backlog I chose 6 games this time:

Anna - Extended Edition

Assassin's Creed II

Darksiders II

Last Rebellion

Papo & Yo

rain

And for Camp Wannalottaplat you only need to finish 3 games and the 'bonus' game. However, my goal is to finish as many of the games I listed (out of 13) in the time frame given:

Kingdom Hearts II - PS3

God of War (2018)

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Last Rebellion

Tomb Riader: Definitive Edition

Tearaway Unfolded

Assassin's Creed II - PS3

Puppeteer

Darksiders II

Dead Space

RiME

Until Dawn

Final Fantasy XV

Three of the games cross over between events so they are guaranteed to be beaten. Therefore, I plan to finish three separate games to fully 'complete' the challenges. (Thinking KH II, God of War, and RiME. With FFXV being the bonus game) If I have any time left after beating those, will try and get Until Dawn and Tomb Raider finished as well.

So long post this week, gotta set my goals high and hope that things go better this time around. Until next week, happy hunting.

Oh I just recently completed Papo and Yo and Rain from my backlog as well! You'll have fun with those and don't let the second playthrough cleanup intimate you, it actually goes a lot quicker then you'd think. (DON'T use chapter select for your first play through of Papo and Yo. I made that mistake) 

But, Anna-Extended Edition is the bane of my existence. I've never questioned a game's programming so much. Did I get the event? How long have I been idling here? Should I restart, or is it going to give me the event in a minute? Was that what the trophy guide meant? I had to give up that game for my sanity, and not because it's supposed to be a horror game. I'm interested to hear how your experience goes with it.

• Like 1

On 6/6/2018 at 5:11 AM, Kittet3 said:

Oh I just recently completed Papo and Yo and Rain from my backlog as well! You'll have fun with those and don't let the second playthrough cleanup intimate you, it actually goes a lot quicker then you'd think. (DON'T use chapter select for your first play through of Papo and Yo. I made that mistake) 

But, Anna-Extended Edition is the bane of my existence. I've never questioned a game's programming so much. Did I get the event? How long have I been idling here? Should I restart, or is it going to give me the event in a minute? Was that what the trophy guide meant? I had to give up that game for my sanity, and not because it's supposed to be a horror game. I'm interested to hear how your experience goes with it.

Thank you for the heads up with Papo and Yo and rain! I got both games because they looked really cool and unfortunately they fell by the wayside with my backlog. I've read some horror stories about Anna and have been dreading starting it, but I am determined to finish all games for this challenge. The trophy guide on another website gives about 20 hours for 100% complete, hoping to get a free day from work and hammer it all out. Will definitely post my thoughts on how it goes though!

Edited by BlazzingWind

Update 7:

RL got extremely complicated and shoved gaming out the window. Worked seven days last week due to a co-worker's sudden departure and was able to get approved for an apartment. Move in date is 7/7 and we have to be out of our current apartment 6/30, so trying to figure out what to do in the interm between moves and get the apartment cleaned and packed.

It's been hectic and hopefully will get cleared up soon

Update 8:

Definitely not getting to my games like I should be. Packing and trying to stay on top of the gaming list that I set for myself. Will start to tackle Last Rebellion tonight to get started with the Summer Backlog.

But on gaming news, completed RiME and was absolutely blown away. Such a simple and carefree game that came out of left field at the end to deliver a gut punch that felt right. Suddenly the game is over and I was left thoughtful on the introspectiveness involved in awknowldging sudden loss and finding the strength to move on. A short game that really should have more recognition, definitely happy that I was able to play it.

The move in date inches closer and hopefully by next week I will have everything packed and ready to go.

• Like 1