BlazzingWind's Trophy Stash

BlazzingWind

The newest platinum to join the ranks is Life Is Strange: Before the Storm

It was fun to journey back to Arcadia Bay and see some of the events that lead up to the first game. However I am torn on exactly how to feel about this game.

Three episodes felt really rushed for Chloe and Rachel to establish a relationship that made sense for the events of the first game. It felt strong together and the choices didnt really seem to have that big of an impact which bugged me.

The biggest problem I had was with David and Rachel actually. David is given a more 'human' approach this time which just makes the disdain he shows Chloe and Max in the original game worse. His character is  built around a general flaw and it felt that Square tried to ease the edges here and it comes of shallow and one note.

*spoiler*

With Rachel, it doesnt make sense this complete and utter meltdown over her father. And then to have him be shoehorned in as this rudimentary villian was just messy and unnecessary. It felt incomplete, as if the writers did not know how to close of this small chapter of the story and in the end just made it not as memorable as it could have been.

On the gaming horizon, will hopefully finish Okami soon and then really tackle Darksiders Genesis.

• 2 weeks later...

Okami HD joins the ranks of completed games.

I understand that this is a legacy game and a lot of people (from what I've seen) have liked this game. However. I just couldn't find it more than passingly enjoyable.

The only highlight is that the game is artistically beautiful with a great concept of using a brush to do special attacks. But beyond that, there isn't very much substance to the game.

I just found it slow and annoying. But that could be because my taste in games is changing.

• 2 weeks later...

Enslaved Odyssey to the West and the DLC Pigsys Perfect 10 has been completed.

Enslaved was an alright game with a brief storyline, short chapters, and nothing overtly difficult. I beat it on Normal, then slammed through Hard mode with the ninja costume to finish it.

A post apocalyptic world with murderous mechanical beasts running around, slavers that kidnap people, and a mysterious pyramid. None of these things are ever really expanded upon, which would be fine in theory. But it makes the game feel very flat.

You are on a journey because a girl has put a headband on you that will kill you if she dies. You continue the journey...just because. How the headband works, its purpose in the story, and the slavers in general are another aspect that is left unfulfilled.

This is a game that feels like it ran out of money halfway through and the developer just wanted to get it done. A jumbled mess with a thrown in ethical dilemma thrown in at the end that again leaves a lot to be desired.

The dlc on the other hand definitely feels more finished, if more annoying due to the focus on stealth gameplay. With the game being completely separate that is to be understandable. While I find Pigysy annoying, this dlc saved the overall experience. Though my favorite character is Truffles, which doesnt say much.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Been a while since I've had an update and back for a two-for, both Resident Evil games :D

Resident Evil 3 Remake - I will start out by saying I have not played the original game and came into this only playing RE0 - 2 remake/hd remaster. Therefore, I found the game highly cinematic but lacking in substance. Jill Valentine has been delving into the mystery of the Arklay Mansion Incident alone after the events of RE1 and a late night phone call from fellow S.T.A.R.S. member Brad springboards her into a desperate struggle for survival through the streets of an undead plagued Raccoon City.

I have heard time and time again that RE3 is a game to experience, namely, that being Nemesis. It is this threat that is always present, always creepy, and when he appears it is run or die. His iteration here in this game is rather...unimpressive to say the least. There isn't really anything about Nemesis that is truly special, in fact, he honestly feels like a Mr. X reskin. Even on the higher difficulties, he is just this figure that is easily stopped or dodged. Not exactly this fearsome presence that needs to be avoided at all costs.

Spoiler

On the note of Nemesis, not at all impressed with the Berkin-esqe evolution as the game progresses. In the original game it was Nemesis, something that was and wasn't a zombie with human intelligence that was bent on killing Jill. This version turns into a beast, then a worm, then a flower like creature reminiscent of the Sin spawn from FFX. 

But moving away from Nemesis, the story itself is...well cinematic. But not in a way that is believable. Yes, I know, the undead are not very believable (yet) BUT suspending belief to play these games is alright. Where it gets shaky is when Jill survives things that should rightly kill her, for example the car scene in the opening segment. I doubt anyone could have rightly survived that. I'm not asking for much, just some acknowledgment that what the main character just went through hurt and she is in need of a healing. However, for the length of the game, I feel it did what it set out to do. Making it feel like it was a mad rush from the start to finish and with the graphics, it is a rather fun time.

Nothing about this game is very difficult - unlike most of the other games in this series. It was definitely a blast to play and I look forward to any DLC that might come out for it.

The other plat earned is for Resident Evil 0

This game was very difficult to get into and even harder to complete. It was the first Resident Evil that I played and getting the controls down and learning item management and enemy movement took forever. Not really a favorite of mine, Rebecca was annoying and Billy was a one-note cliche. But...as a resident evil game, I am glad to have completed it and never want to touch it again. Even if it is remastered for the PS5

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I am very very very bad at keeping track of things, but seeing as how this hasn't been erased yet. I shall take another stab at it and update once a week on Sundays.

Currently I am biding my time and working on a few small games until Elden Ring comes out.

Experiencing the joy of the space race minigame in Ratchet & Clank 2 on the vita. I fall into the category that I love R&C to pieces and the PS3 version didn't really offer me any trouble. But the vita version is just awful with the controls. Currently have sunk nine hours into the first race (Feltzin) and managed to get 49/50 rings three times. Each time messed up near the end or I would have this platinum bolt already.

Slowly going through DarkSiders Genesis with a friend when we are both on. It is really really hard to get used to the top down perspective of this game and it lacks the feeling of power and scope that the other three games had. So far, it isn't a fave, but happy to be playing it with a good friend.

Anthem was a request from a member of my close group of gaming friends, and since this person in particular never really asks for anything it was a quick agreement on my part. The missions so far have been very 'samey' and the environments don't have a lot going for them. It just feels very bland overall, though being able to fly for short burst (or falling with style) is a nice change.

Still hacking away at Warframe. Trying to make my way to the next benchmark, which is Masterly Level 12. Have 4? more quests to do before I can qualify for the latest one (The New War) but still have to make a Necramorph and level up all the factions. I guess I am technically at 'end game' content but I would say that I am not even ready for Sisters of Parvos content yet so still a LOT to do.

Kena: Bridge of Spirits is the game that I am currently focusing on and it is a delightful little game with a few infuriating hiccups. I enjoy the look and feel of the game, I would just better enjoy if it stuck to what it was asking you as the player, to do. In combat, the game wants you to attack and defeat the enemies. Only you can't because you are flimsy. So you try and dodge, only you can't, because the timing window is off and you take massive damage. Still a very cute game that I am hoping will hold through Hard mode.

First update post of 2022

We are down to four days before Elden Ring releases! Cannot wait to be totally obliterated by From Software's latest creation and all the grumbling and complaining that will come with it. I do not think I will be able to complete it anytime soon but just the challenge will be a great thing to undertake.

On the gaming front, struggling to get through Magic 2012. It isn't particularly hard, just boring as balls to get through.

Still chipping away at DarkSiders Genesis and Anthem, keeping the gaming light to be ready to just dive into Elden Ring.

Second update:

Started Elden Ring and the game is massive. 26 hours in and not even past the first open world area. This is definitely going to take some time to get through, let alone try and get 1 ending of the 3 possible.

Got through 3 parts of the 5 part SBCG4AP on the PS3 and that about wraps up this week

• Like 2