You can triple plat!

11 hours ago, sorhval said:

They are not playing for fun but for trophies, I don't really understand that but who cares ?

i prefer a balance myself, to enjoy the game and earn trophy's.

i kinda wish i could start burnout. but there's always plenty more games ahead of it :(.

Edited by kingdrake2

4 hours ago, Maaden_Swe said:

After reading the stuff you have written its funny how you think you are one of the people with common sense 1f604.png

A "normal person" (whatever that mean), as you clearly call yourself, or people with common sense, would never call other people disgusting or in need of therapy just cause they play a game multiple times. 

You also compared trophies with meth, I mean.... wow 1f602.png

THIS!!! This is what i wanted to say. I mean we're in a site that's dedicated to games and trophies and there are three-four guys in this thread that all they do is calling names to people who are talking about trophy stacks. If you wanna stack cool, if you don't it's ok also, but call others sad, pathetic disgusting and in need of therapy is beyond me

• Like 3

1 hour ago, GoldenSurprise said:

No one is saying that we don’t replay the games that we love just because there are no more trophies to win.

Talking again about “The Last of Us”, I earned the 100% twice, but between the PS3 and the PS4 versions, I already played it 10 times, just because I love the game and sometimes I feel the need to replay it. When I play it nowadays, I tend to do it on Hard, but because I already know the game really well, it’s very easy for me and not very challenging. If there were other versions of the game that I could buy, at least I would have another motivation to play on harder difficulties. Grounded mode, for example, is fun, tense and challenging, but it’s also very frustrating, so it’s good to know that I will have a trophy at the end of my playthrough. This doesn’t mean that won’t replay “The Last of Us” on grounded in the future, but having a trophy attached would just give me another motivation.

Yeah but it's a different thing, I also bought the remasters for Jak & Daxter and Ratchet & Clank cause I loved them so much, and now I have on my backlog Devil May Cry Collection, Hitman, Zone of the Enders etc.

But buying the same game on the same platform multiple times is nonsense. 

Recently I plated Burnout Paradise after a long time and if I had a PS4 probably in the near future I'd have bought the Remaster too because it was so funny especially the online, but why to buy it twice on PS4? Just for one more platinum?

Honestly I respect Okami HD and other games that share the same trophy list (unless for some reason a different trophy list is needed)

1 hour ago, KamakuraHero said:

THIS!!! This is what i wanted to say. I mean we're in a site that's dedicated to games and trophies and there are three-four guys in this thread that all they do is calling names to people who are talking about trophy stacks. If you wanna stack cool, if you don't it's ok also, but call others sad, pathetic disgusting and in need of therapy is beyond me

Agreed with you, sometimes ago someone call me hypocrite. I was confused because I thought this page it  was about trophies, not clue why they have to attack others in that way. Really thinking in left the community.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, judithpa said:

Agreed with you, sometimes ago someone call me hypocrite. I was confused because I thought this page it  was about trophies, not clue why they have to attack others in that way. Really thinking in left the community.

People here are nicer than it might seem. You just have to learn how to say things and it’s also very important not to fuel arguments. Do this and your experience will be better. Why not giving your individual contribution to keep discussions civilized and to make the community better instead of just leaving? :)

13 hours ago, GoldenSurprise said:

People here are nicer than it might seem. You just have to learn how to say things and it’s also very important not to fuel arguments. Do this and your experience will be better. Why not giving your individual contribution to keep discussions civilized and to make the community better instead of just leaving? :)

Learn? So you think i was being disrespectful? I'm not a little girl. I also have learned that even if you're a nice person, some people will attack you anyway if there's a different point of view. I'm too old for that, sometimes don't even worthy waste your time in discussions about videogames or about listening to people telling you what kind of trophies you have to get or how enjoy your hobbies. But you're right at something,  there's very nice people over here, but rotten apples everywhere. Seriously. Last time coming to this forum.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, judithpa said:

Learn? So you think i was being disrespectful? I'm not a little girl. I also have learned that even if you're a nice person, some people will attack you anyway if there's a different point of view. I'm too old for that, sometimes don't even worthy waste your time in discussions about videogames or about listening to people telling you what kind of trophies you have to get or how enjoy your hobbies. But you're right at something,  there's very nice people over here, but rotten apples everywhere. Seriously. Last time coming to this forum.

No, sorry, I don’t think you were being disrespectful. It was just a way of speaking. What I was trying to say is that we are all entitled to our own opinions, but we have to know how to express them; when we say what we think in a polite and respectful manner, we don’t have to worry about what others think or say. If people start being disrespectful to you, then you must know that it’s the moment to leave the discussion and to stop feeding those people. If you think that the best choice for you is to leave the forums, I respect that. I also had my bad moments, but I preferred to make a choice of staying and to give my contribution for better discussions and a better community. We all can do that, if we really want to. Also, don’t take things too personally. I quoted you, but what I said was more a general message. There are many things that could have been said differently in this thread, aren’t there?

i don't really understand if you love a game what is wrong with stacking it? I mean this is a trophy site not a gaming forum its all about the trophies here why else join otherwise? 

Anyway i will be stacking this game finished the 100% of the PS3 version in 2016 just picked up the remaster today and going for that sweet 100% again if it gives EA a good kick up the ass to release another fresh Burnout game then i am all for it sick and tired of Need for Speed. 

Have fun playing and platting see you online tonight! 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, DarkSoleride said:

I mean this is a trophy site not a gaming forum its all about the trophies here why else join otherwise? 

Uhm, nope, this is a gaming forum (forum.psnprofiles.com) linked with a trophy site (www.psnprofiles.com). Lots of people who don't care about the trophies, only about the games.

2 hours ago, Swifty-Joker said:

If you find anything to make fun of the perfect avatar... go ahead.

Because you also put your forum name as Swifty, I'm constantly thinking of this now, so thanks for that...

On topic: I had the game on X360 and have the game on PS3. I may just get it again as it's my favourite non-futuristic racer, after The Crew.

I never got a platinum or 100% in it though.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Riq IV said:

Uhm, nope, this is a gaming forum (forum.psnprofiles.com) linked with a trophy site (www.psnprofiles.com). Lots of people who don't care about the trophies, only about the games.

Fair point i just don't see the point about complaining about trophy stacks or attacking other people on what they want to play  because of somebody else  trying to have a personal sense of superiority. People just need to chill and do what they do and enjoy it. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DarkSoleride said:

Fair point i just don't see the point about complaining about trophy stacks or attacking other people on what they want to play  because of somebody else  trying to have a personal sense of superiority. People just need to chill and do what they do and enjoy it. 

Agreed. I won't make fun of people who buy My Name Is Mayo or Barbie games just for the easy platinum, as long as they won't make fun of my lack of ultra rare platinums. Live and let live.

• Like 1

Such a hot discussion here eh :)

Personally I'll happily play the same game that I like twice (or even more) if it has different platform versions like: The Last of Us (PS3 & PS4), Skyrim (PS3, PS4, PSVR), etc..

But buying and playing a game that I don't even like just for the sake of getting trophies is not for me.

I barely find time to play new games let alone replaying something that I don't even like.

Edited by Skadoki
  • Like 1

On 3/13/2018 at 1:39 AM, BlindMango said:

I'm really curious as to why game developers are splitting lists up for the same game far more than they used to. To me it's just completely unorganized and more crap I have to label on the site because otherwise the same repeat list over and over is hard to distinguish, lol

For this game, the only reason that I can see as to why that they have separate lists for NA/EU is the differences in the metric system: Miles -> Kilometers, Feet -> Meters, etc. Even then, that sounds like an absurd reason to separate trophy lists. Aside from that, I have no reason as to why they would do that.

• 2 weeks later...

I love Burnout Paradise on PS3, but you know PS3 version is silky smooth 60fps, and the graphics still look great, or at least decent enough to think why bother with a PS4 version. Some of the trophies, like cops and robbers and the bike one. They weren't fun the first time around and I don't think I want to do them again.

rolltideroll157 really hits the nail on the head. I have friends who also do the same, buy multiple of the same game just to get the trophies all again. Or just buy very easy or very bad games because they have trophies.

Sure it's fun now. But in the future, when you realise you wasted your money, and in some cases your time. Trophies aren't gonna help you in the future. In the end you're just gonna look back and probably feel a bit down or depressed about it. Having tons of trophies isn't going to impress your employer or future wife etc. There should be a limit between collecting for fun and cutting down on your time spent earning actual real life skills.

Saying that, I bet there are people out there right now trying to get all 5 platinums and 100% with all the DLC on Final Fantasy 15 as we speak...

Edited by enaysoft

• 3 months later...
On 13/03/2018 at 4:20 PM, rolltideroll157 said:

I can understand playing this 3 times if you got all regions or versions for the price of 1 but y'all are really going to buy the same game in every region just for a plat? That is a serious addiction that some of y'all might need to get checked out.

It's only an addiction if you're trying to quit 

On 13/03/2018 at 5:39 AM, BlindMango said:

I'm really curious as to why game developers are splitting lists up for the same game far more than they used to. To me it's just completely unorganized and more crap I have to label on the site because otherwise the same repeat list over and over is hard to distinguish, lol

At least you get an extra platinum so.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2019-07-09 at 5:54 PM, dzstrpc said:

If I buy the US version can I play it online on my EU main account with PS+ subscription, or do I need a US PS+ subscription to?

I have almost the same question; I own both EU and NA PS4 physical. Can the regions play and connect with each other?

• 7 months later...
On 13.3.2018 at 7:50 AM, rolltideroll157 said:

I can understand playing this 3 times if you got all regions or versions for the price of 1 but y'all are really going to buy the same game in every region just for a plat? That is a serious addiction that some of y'all might need to get checked out.

Depends. If you're talking of other games, you're right. But Burnout Paradise? I fucking love this game. The soundtrack, the sound-design, the gameplay - this game is so satisfying and fun as hell.