Alternative gaming news sites that are not like Gematsu, Niche Gamer and Siliconera?

Alantor32

I'm looking for alternative gaming news sites that aren't like Gemtasu, Siliconera and Niche Gamer or any other site that has a lot of trolls and freako perverts because I got sick and tired of Gematsu because the commenters there are unbearable (Except for you Satoshi Ookami, you're cool. :) )

So I'm looking for an alternative gaming news site that isn't like Gematsu, Siliconera, Niche Gamer, the Jimquestion or any other gaming news site that is littered with trolls and freaks. Any recomandation would be helpful. Thanks.

2 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

Can't you just not look at the comments? If the articles themselves are solid, what's the big deal? Also, please define what a "freako pervert" is. I'm dying to know. :P

Sorry, I didn't mean to offend you. ^_^!

https://www.dualshockers.com/

Dualshockers is the best. No Kotaku/Polygon SJW nonsense.

None of this "Top 10 What We Want" IGN-corporate BS either.

Just news and reviews. Western and Japanese games.

Best reviewer of games: ACG gaming https://www.youtube.com/user/AngryCentaurGaming/videos

Edited by Super Sand Virginia
  • Like 2

Just now, Super Sand Virginia said:

https://www.dualshockers.com/

Dualshockers is the best. No Kotaku/Polygon SJW nonsense.

Just news and reviews. Western and Japanese games.

No BS.

Best reviewer of games: ACG gaming https://www.youtube.com/user/AngryCentaurGaming/videos

Just got back into gaming not long ago so I stuck with what I was used to. I forgot about polygon. Might see how that is now. I remember it used to be meh, but they probably upgraded everything by now if it's still active.

• Like 1

Just now, NutellaOrgies said:

Just got back into gaming not long ago so I stuck with what I was used to. I forgot about polygon. Might see how that is now. I remember it used to be meh, but they probably upgraded everything by now if it's still active.

I wasn't judging.

/Lights cigarette

4 minutes ago, Super Sand Virginia said:

I wasn't judging.

/Lights cigarette

I know, but I just checked out Kotaku again and saw two articles on the front page about how "Microsoft doesn't care about female employees" and the other "I hate this character from a game that came out in 2014"..... 

I realized my mistake and didn't even notice how bad the site is now ?. Might need to take notes on this thread and find a new one too

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NutellaOrgies said:

I know, but I just checked out Kotaku again and saw two articles on the front page about how "Microsoft doesn't care about female employees" and the other "I hate this character from a game that came out in 2014"..... 

I realized my mistake and didn't even notice how bad the site is now 1f602.png. Might need to take notes on this thread and find a new one too

Sounds interesting lol...?

giphy.gif?

• Like 1

Yeah, I left Gematsu for similar reasons. And a certain person who has an issue with abuse of power. I was, for awhile, just using it for news. But it's so uninteresting to just visit a site for the news and not get to talk about any of it. I like to see what people are talking about in regards to stuff, but when the people are less than stellar... it's not a fun experience that's for sure. So I eventually fell out of even checking news and have only been getting it through here, twitter or youtube. Which isn't much.

I guess I'm just not ready for another news site. All the ones I've tried prior to gematsu were not great. Some of them listed in the OP, and some listed as suggestions [Kotaku, lol].

48 minutes ago, NutellaOrgies said:

I realized my mistake and didn't even notice how bad the site is now 1f602.png. Might need to take notes on this thread and find a new one too

Polygon isn't much better if I understood your last comment right about wanting to check it, and they are laughably bad at video games. Look up their fails on Doom and Breath of the Wild on YouTube. [why do I always type breathe instead of breath? ugh, brain plz]

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I glance at Kotaku sometimes, although they seem to be similar to Gemtasu and focus mostly on JP games. For FF games, I go to Final Fantasy Union, and for Tales series I use abyssal chronicles or kotaku.

For general gaming, Gamesrader+, IGN, Gamespot, Neoseeker, Eurogamer and Gameinformer are sites that I use for reviews mostly, and sometimes news. But it's mostly kotaku and ff union that I use for news while the rest I just read reviews and the user comments, do the polls, see popularity rankings etc. 

On 13/03/2018 at 9:06 PM, MMX20 said:

(Except for you Satoshi Ookami, you're cool. :) )

Lulz xD

On 13/03/2018 at 9:06 PM, MMX20 said:

and freako perverts

I'm not freako pervert? :awesome: Everyone thinks that :awesome: 

On 13/03/2018 at 9:27 PM, darkamdusias said:

Kotaku is decent; their comments sections is somewhat moderated, so the worst of the worst (usually) don't show up in articles. 

Well, Kotaku is crap in terms of articles so...

On topic, I would probably suggest Dualshockers like some others if you need alternative... 

On the other hand, comments will probably be the same everywhere. It's the interwebz, you can't not have trolls :D

My plan was basically this...

1. Follow as many gaming-related news sites as possible on Twitter.

2. Unfollow the annoying ones, as annoying tweets/articles are posted.

3. Enjoy the ones that remain.

4. Don't read the comments (not with the intent of serious conversation anyways; if I do it's mostly just to see how much humanity has devolved since the last time I read a comment section).

Now my Twitter feed is basically just a gaming news feed from mostly inoffensive sites (and cute animal videos).

Edited by Dreakon13