A doubt about The Old Hunters DLC

rabbit-ko

hello people!!

i don't usually post but i need some help.

the last time i played BB was the year of its release and after i got the platinum i left it alone.

my doubt is: i have the game right before the endgame,

Spoiler

when the hunter's dream is on fire!

can i access the DLC being on that point in the game

Spoiler

considering that Amygdala is dead?

thanks for your help guys, and greetings from Colombia!!

How to access the DLC: The Old Hunters

https://bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/The+Old+Hunters

Spoiler
  1. Defeat Vicar Amelia and activate the skull in the Cathedral to turn day into night.
  2. Go to the Hunter’s Dream and receive Eye of a Blood-Drunk Hunter from a messenger.
  3. Go to the Cathedral Ward and leave via the left-hand exit to enter the square.
  4. Go to the right-hand end of the square (where the Hunter Set/Top Hat are located) and the Lesser Amygdala will grab you. This will take you to the new area: The Hunter’s Nightmare
  5. Lighting the lamp in the new area will allow you to travel to and from the area via the Hunter's Nightmare Awakening Headstone in the Hunter’s Dream . It can be found by the Insight Shop, where the Doll will sometimes kneel and pray.

6 minutes ago, ShimizuGear09 said:

Yes, you can. I personally entered the DLC right before the final boss!

thanks man, i appreciate it!

3 minutes ago, Super Sand Virginia said:

Reveal hidden contents
  1. Defeat Vicar Amelia and activate the skull in the Cathedral to turn day into night.
  2. Go to the Hunter’s Dream and receive Eye of a Blood-Drunk Hunter from a messenger.
  3. Go to the Cathedral Ward and leave via the left-hand exit to enter the square.
  4. Go to the right-hand end of the square (where the Hunter Set/Top Hat are located) and the Lesser Amygdala will grab you. This will take you to the new area: The Hunter’s Nightmare
  5. Lighting the lamp in the new area will allow you to travel to and from the area via the Hunter's Nightmare Awakening Headstone in the Hunter’s Dream . It can be found by the Insight Shop, where the Doll will sometimes kneel and pray.

tahnks for the reply! i already knew how to access the DLC, i was just wondering if i could enter it despite the point in the game i was!

3 minutes ago, rabbit-ko said:

thanks man, i appreciate it!

tahnks for the reply! i already knew how to access the DLC, i was just wondering if i could enter it despite the point in the game i was!

Np my cute little rabbit!

Doesn't matter how far you are, but if you start a new play through, you have to follow criteria again and reach Vicar.

Edited by Super Sand Virginia

10 minutes ago, Super Sand Virginia said:

Reveal hidden contents

ok, noted!
thanks a lot man!

4 minutes ago, Super Sand Virginia said:

Doesn't matter how far you are, but if you start a new playthrough, you have to follow criteria again and reach Vicar.

sorry for the wrong reply!
thanks for the info man!

It's completely worth it. Only the Orphan of Kos gave me a bit of trouble but thankfully you can parry some of his attacks with your gun.

There is an optional boss who is virtually identical to the Cleric Beast, but has fire surrounding him. The weapons however, are fucking badass. Especially the Whirlsaw Jig or whatever that weapon was called. I used that for most of my encounters.

28 minutes ago, Valyrious said:

For those reading this and don't have the DLC.

GO FUCKING BUY IT THIS INSTANT. $6 for arguably the best DLC ever produced is the biggest steal of the modern generation.

I may be overselling it a bit, BUT STILL.

giphy.gif

You aren't overselling it. IT'S AWESOME!

The final boss on the DLC, it was incredibly hard to beat even on coop. I never managed to beat it on single player.

Highly recommended DLC though, a must purchase if you love Bloodborne. Be warned though, it's very hard. :)

Am I the only one who thought Orphan of Kos was kinda underwhelming? Although I barely made it alive, I was able to do it on my first try. I thought Ludwig was a bit harder. Laurence was pretty hard though. It took me a couple of times because his lava attacks kept on trapping me. Lady Maria was the most fun due to her faster-paced battle. Living Failures were exactly what they're named. 

But I highly recommend the DLC because the bosses are fun (and have crazy good designs and OSTs), the new weapons are cool, and the new location and level design is excellent. 

Edited by Golden Devil Gamer
  • Like 3

On 14/03/2018 at 1:36 AM, Golden Devil Gamer said:

Am I the only one who thought Orphan of Kos was kinda underwhelming?

Yeah I agree. Managed it in 4 minutes on first try; the first half of the fight was me just learning its move-set:

Spoiler

All the bosses felt samey to me despite the different artistic skins, and this was my first dive into the Soulsborne series. As you can see I'm absolutely shit but I only died to ONE boss encounter throughout the entire game & DLC which was Rom, the Vacuous Spider during the story. Of course, there were plenty of close calls but the only fight that I found slightly challenging was Laurence, the First Vicar because you couldn't cheese that one by hugging its back and I had a pure strength build. I used Ludwig's from the moment I unlocked it all the way through to the end. I did however die a number of times to trash mobs in various areas due to unexpected traps/ambushes or because I was getting too cocky. I played the entire game solo as well, and only used a npc summon for one boss fight which was the Watchdog of the Old Lords in the defiled chalice dungeon.

My favourite fights of the whole game were probably Martyr Logarius and Pthumerian Descendant from the Great Pthumeru Ihyll Chalice Dungeon since I took the first one on earlier than I probably should have so the boss still felt a bit fresh and the latter because of the pace. Also Logarius was one of the few fights where parry was actually useful since most fights were a lot safer and easier with :circle: & :r1: using Ludwig's and a strength build.

I have my entire playthrough recorded so I can upload other fights people may be struggling on.

The DLC was reasonable and at this sale price, I'd say it's worth it but I wouldn't pay full price for it.

Edited by Zolkovo
Re-uploaded in HD

20 hours ago, Valyrious said:

For those reading this and don't have the DLC.

GO FUCKING BUY IT THIS INSTANT. $6 for arguably the best DLC ever produced is the biggest steal of the modern generation.

I may be overselling it a bit, BUT STILL.

Sooooooooooooo.....you're saying I should buy it or something? :awesome:

• Like 1

19 hours ago, enaysoft said:

The final boss on the DLC, it was incredibly hard to beat even on coop. I never managed to beat it on single player.

Highly recommended DLC though, a must purchase if you love Bloodborne. Be warned though, it's very hard. :)

Me soloing the final boss (I beat every boss solo in Souls games?) In 6 minutes. Challenging yes but far from impossible. Feel free to use my technique?

19 hours ago, Golden Devil Gamer said:

Am I the only one who thought Orphan of Kos was kinda underwhelming? Although I barely made it alive, I was able to do it on my first try. 

No sir, totally agree. Tough but fair.

1 hour ago, PooPDeePie said:

Amazing gif 1f602.png

I wonder what he is eating ?

1 hour ago, Bullstomp said:

Me soloing the final boss (I beat every boss solo in Souls games1f60a.png) In 6 minutes. Challenging yes but far from impossible. Feel free to use my technique1f60a.png

Ok so equip the Notebook and win? NOTEBOOK META!

@Toogie53@Deluziion90 Add some text to your post so it's not just an image/gif or the dogs of PSNP will report to their mod masterzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

• Like 1

The DLC is pretty good IMO. It's like several new areas, tons of new weapons, equipment, enemies and bosses etc. Good stuff!

I bought the goty edition though. No playing without patches, but whatever, game isn't that hard.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, MMDE said:

The DLC is pretty good IMO. It's like several new areas, tons of new weapons, equipment, enemies and bosses etc. Good stuff!

I bought the goty edition though. No playing without patches, but whatever, game isn't that hard.

totally agree, I played the crap out of the DLC helping randoms with bosses, good stuff fo sho