Bioshock infinite is an absolute masterpiece !

xVolloxx

I have way too many games to play right now, but this game is definitely on my to do list. I just finished Bioshock for the first time last month and was blown away by it (I can't believe I waited so long to play it) and from everything I am hearing this game will have the same impact.

I have way too many games to play right now, but this game is definitely on my to do list. I just finished Bioshock for the first time last month and was blown away by it (I can't believe I waited so long to play it) and from everything I am hearing this game will have the same impact.

It tops bioshock by far ! And 99% of games iv'e ever played and iv'e played 1000s !

Edited by TheBolloxx

Seriously is the greatest story of any game of all time. I don't think I could look at a PS3 game's story again in the same manner without expecting brilliance.

I know it just shows you how lazy developers and game writers/designers have gotten it's sad . 

Edited by TheBolloxx
  • Like 1

I agree with all of you of course.  Not having to worry about Elizabeth's well being was a welcome change from other games, though the fact she never threw me pepper grinder ammo when I needed the trophy for that gun was a little maddening(must have carried that gun around for like half the game). I'm planning on platting this soon, I will go back to this after I plat Trine 2 Because I want this as a milestone Platinum (30).

I can see myself playing this game again a year down the road just for fun, also I am psyched to see some dlc come out for this since I bought the season pass. I preordered on PSN so I got Bioshock 1 at the moment of preordering and I platinumed that one just before this released.  This is much better in my opinion.  I loved the beautiful outdoors it was such a contrast to the dark tone of the story.  less than 7 gigs and it was gorgeous.

Damn, how good did Rapture look compared to the original?

I stayed away from FPS games because of how much I hated games like call of duty.  I haven't played one since 2006.  Am I missing any great story centric fps games?

Edited by dodgedoors
  • Like 1

Just completed it... and my god that story is awesome! I won't spoil anything for anyone that might accidentally read... BUT DAMN! So epic :D

If only all developers gave a crap like the ones for Infinite did.... roll on The Last of Us :yay: I have a feeling the story for that is going to be impressive too.

Edited by Chambers35

If only all developers gave a crap like the ones for Infinite did.... roll on The Last of Us :yay:

The world only consists of so many brilliant minds - Ken Levine being one of them for sure. I honestly don't know, from the top of my head, who's bossing around in the corridors at Naughty Dog, but they usually give a crap, so I'm reeeally looking forward to their next installment.

But yes, the right word for Infinite is truly Epic!

I haven't played any of the Bioshock games, but I would like to play them all. Do you guys recommend playing 1 & 2 prior to Infinite? I already have Bioshock 2 and I believe the first one comes free with PS3 copies of Infinite, correct?

:hmm: They're definitely not needed for the story, I don't think so anyway. But without ruining anything, there's a part that would have more impact if you did ;)

And yeah, #1 comes with Infinite, or at least it does if it says so on the case.

• Like 1

Elizabeth's power had a lot more potential than the final version. I mean c'mon. Freight hooks? Wtf happened to the train carts, thunder storms and sh*t? Still an awesome game none the less.

Have to agree, didn't effect my enjoyment as I managed to avoid pretty much any footage of the game before playing it. But watching some of the stuff now, it does look like the choice of objects to tear into the world were very basic.

Overall I loved the game, definetely one of my favourites on PS3. The last 20 minutes were just amazing!

I absolutely loved this game it is a master piece in all aspects. story is amazing and scenery is beautiful. i wish the combat was different i found it really floaty but not too bad. the ending made me think really hard about it this game is a must buy for everyone. the best part about this game though is that you do not need to play the god awful Bioshock 2 

• 2 months later...

There are three things I didn't like about Bioshock Infinite, but the other 99% of it is 10/10 awesome:

1. You can't manually save. So many times, my wife wanted to watch TV while I frantically backtracked until finally triggering an autosave point.

2. You blow your cover very early in the game. I would have liked to explore a little more without suddenly getting thrown into combat.

3. The trophy glitch. Not a big deal, but I had to play offline to guarantee that my trophies would unlock properly.

• 4 months later...